Part 1, Chapter 1
• Fred Hale is in Brighton, England using the alias, Kolley Kibber, on a Daily Messenger sponsored scavenger hunt.
• A boy begins to harass Hale and escalates the perception of danger for the journalist.
• Hale meets Ida and she agrees to keep him company, until Hale disappears on the pier.
Part 1, Chapters 2 and 3
• At the tea room on the pier, Pinkie talks to his gang about the details of Hale's murder and the loose ends that exist.
• Pinkie searches for the card that Spicer hid at Snow's restaurant before Rose tells him that she found it already.
• Following Hale's funeral, Ida decides to accept Phil's invitation to Brighton so she can investigate what really took place there.
Part 2, Chapters 1 and 2
• Pinkie and Rose's date is off to a shaky start after Rose recognizes Spicer from the restaurant.
• Brewer, a bookie, is attacked by Pinkie...
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)