|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
(a) The death of her son.
(c) A charge of aiding and abetting.
(d) Life in prison.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister, Ethel.
(d) Her dead husband.
3. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because they have threatened her.
(b) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(c) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
(d) Because she hates the Sheriff.
4. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
(a) Something that gives a hint of something to come.
(b) The repeating of words of the same consonent.
(c) Giving false clues to throw off the reader.
(d) When the sun goes behind a really large cloud.
5. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's in school.
(b) When he's fishing.
(c) When he's working for the party.
(d) When he's with Reva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
2. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
3. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
4. What is the name of the person standing over her?
5. How does Sue feel about Booker's offer?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)