|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She spits in his face.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She says she doesn't know.
(d) She doesn't respond.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(c) Her sister, Ethel.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(b) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(c) Sug being hung.
(d) Losing her son.
4. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He kicks her in the shin.
(b) He handcuffs her.
(c) He slaps her in the face.
(d) He leaves.
5. After Sue is on the floor again, what does the Sheriff do?
(a) Tells her that he'll be back with her son's corpse.
(b) Kicks her in the head and stomach.
(c) Tells her she's under arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
2. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
3. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
4. What does Sue feel in her face?
5. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)