|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's with Reva.
(b) When he's fishing.
(c) When he's working for the party.
(d) When he's in school.
3. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(b) To help wash clothes.
(c) To get away from her father.
(d) To borrow some sugar.
4. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because they have threatened her.
(b) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(c) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(d) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Talking to her minister.
(b) Old spiritual songs.
(c) Being in a pray group.
(d) Going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
3. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
4. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
5. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)