|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Puts away his supper.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Brings him a pillow.
2. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(b) He let too many whites in too fast.
(c) He shouldn't have joined.
(d) He didn't get outside help.
3. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Have a glass of whiskey.
(c) Concentrate on work.
(d) Call her sister in Ohio.
4. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
5. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Has a drink.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Makes some tear.
(d) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
2. What does Sue say to the people in her house?
3. Where does Sue find people in her house?
4. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
5. Why does Sue protect her sons?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)