|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Sue consumed?
(a) Bitter knowledge.
(b) Forgiveness for the Sheriff.
(c) Tolerance for the ignorant Sheriff.
(d) Bitter pride.
2. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(b) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Sewing clothes.
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
4. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Reva stole some drugs.
(b) There's to be a party meeting.
(c) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
(d) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
5. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Notifying others of a meeting.
(b) Working at the gas station.
(d) Tending to a foaling mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
2. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
3. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
4. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
5. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)