|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(c) Vocational school.
2. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Staying alive.
(b) White people's laws.
(c) Winnning the lottery.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
(b) The sheriff banging on the door.
(c) Reva screaming.
(d) A lynch mob.
4. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Comes back to the house and shoots her.
(c) Gives her an obscene gesture.
(d) Comes back to the house and hits her.
5. What does Sue not trust Booker?
(a) Because he is new to the party.
(b) Because of his race.
(c) Because he is young.
(d) Because he is ambitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
3. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
4. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)