|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do after Amanda speaks to him?
(a) He punches her in the mouth, breaking her teeth.
(b) He busts into tears and runs from the club.
(c) He begins laughing hysterically and cannot stop.
(d) He throws his drink on the floor and challenges her fiance.
2. What have they resolved to leave in Clara's office?
(a) Rolls and rolls of toilet paper.
(b) A bunch of balloons.
(c) Fred, the ferret.
(d) A large pile of cocaine.
3. Of what does the scent remind the narrator?
(a) It reminds him of his encounter the night before.
(b) It reminds him of his mother baking bread.
(c) It reminds him of the way Vicky smells.
(d) It reminds him of his old job.
4. Why doesn't Megan live with her family?
(a) She cannot afford to travel home.
(b) Her family died in a car accident.
(c) They had a falling-out and have not spoken for years.
(d) She was ill for a long time and committed to Bellevue.
5. For what does the narrator ask the man unloading the truck?
(a) He asks him for ten dollars to catch a taxi.
(b) He asks him for a fresh roll.
(c) He asks him for a map of the city.
(d) He asks him to use the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to trade with the man?
2. How does the narrator clean out his desk?
3. What pain medication is their mother taking?
4. What does the narrator discover is missing from the department store window?
5. Where does the narrator sit in the audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of the fashion show does the narrator find contemptuous?
2. What does the narrator remember the most about Amanda, though he cannot remember what she looks like?
3. What job does Michael offer to the narrator, and what are the implications of this job?
4. Why does the narrator opt to take Megan's valium?
5. Why does the narrator leap out of the limo to escape his conversation with Bernie, the drug lord?
6. What exhibit in the museum is the narrator's favorite?
7. Why is a home-cooked meal such a novelty for the narrator?
8. Why is the narrator unsettled by the absence of Amanda's mannequin?
9. Why does the narrator call Vicky after the party?
10. What is the significance of the rolls of bread?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)