|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he have to say in the phone call?
(a) He says that he is a cocaine addict and needs help.
(b) He says that his mother died a year ago.
(c) He says that he is in love with Vicky and needs to find her.
(d) He says that he just passed out hysterically laughing at Amanda.
2. Upon opening the Post, what does the narrator discover about Coma Baby?
(a) Coma Baby's mother has woken up and everyone is fine.
(b) Coma Baby was delivered six weeks premature and the mother is dead.
(c) Coma Baby was experiencing complications and doctors were worried.
(d) Coma Baby was expected to have a safe, normal delivery.
3. What is the narrator's favorite exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum?
(a) The European paintings from 1700-1750.
(b) The Dinosaurs.
(c) The Egyptian wing.
(d) The Ancient Chinese Peoples exhibit.
4. Where does the narrator sit in the audience?
(a) He cannot sit, it is standing room only.
(b) He sits in the center of the middle row.
(c) He sits in the center of the first row.
(d) He sits on the aisle of the back row.
5. Who does the narrator call after leaving the club?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the event being held?
2. How does Michael get into the narrator's apartment?
3. Before implementing his plan, what does the narrator compare himself to?
4. What phrase does Wade want on the narrator's epitaph?
5. What drink does the narrator order at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator and Amanda speak?
2. What elements of the fashion show does the narrator find contemptuous?
3. How does Michael's reappearance change the narrator's demeanor?
4. Why is a home-cooked meal such a novelty for the narrator?
5. What job does Michael offer to the narrator, and what are the implications of this job?
6. Explain Vicky's concept of "ineffability."
7. What catalysts are responsible for the narrator rising early, reading the paper, and arriving on time to work?
8. What is the significance of the rolls of bread?
9. Why does Michael say he never liked Amanda?
10. Why is it ironic that the narrator snorts cocaine behind the library?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)