|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tad claim to have seen Odysseus before?
(a) He has seen him driving a limo.
(b) He has seen him working as a dancer in a club.
(c) He has seen him on a television infomercial.
(d) He has seen him working for a Dial-a-Hunk service.
2. Who does the narrator's mother see just before she dies?
(a) She sees Amanda.
(b) She sees her father.
(c) She sees her other children.
(d) She sees her husband.
3. What animal does Vicky use as a philosophical example for the narrator?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A dog.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A bat.
4. According to Megan, what was the only coherent thing Alex said when he was discovered?
(a) He was being attacked by pygmies.
(b) Facts wait for no man.
(c) One more martini, please.
(d) Bright lights, big city.
5. How does Michael get into the narrator's apartment?
(a) He forces his way through the door.
(b) He has brought a police escort.
(c) He claims he is a parcel service.
(d) He pleads with the narrator to let him in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator feel he must relearn?
2. What work does Michael offer the narrator?
3. What does the narrator do after Amanda speaks to him?
4. How does the narrator's mother describe the pain she is in?
5. What did the narrator do on his first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator and Amanda speak?
2. What is the narrator's reaction when he sees his brother waiting on the stoop?
3. Why does the narrator opt to take Megan's valium?
4. What kind of relationship did the narrator have with his mother?
5. Why does Michael say he never liked Amanda?
6. What does the narrator remember the most about Amanda, though he cannot remember what she looks like?
7. What does Michael theorize may have spurred the narrator to marry Amanda?
8. Why does Megan invite the narrator to dinner at her apartment?
9. How has the narrator gotten the ticket for Amanda's fashion show?
10. What stunt is the narrator planning to pull at the fashion show?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)