|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the animal's name?
(c) Sue anne.
2. About whom does the narrator dream that night?
(b) Coma baby.
(c) His mother.
3. Who does the narrator hope to meet in the club?
(a) The kind of girl who would not be in a place like that.
(b) A movie star.
(c) The co-worker of his dreams, Clara Tillinghast.
(d) His ex-wife Amanda.
4. Where does Alex suspect homosexuality "comes from"?
(a) One's upbringing.
(c) Hormones injected into beef.
(d) Vaccines given to children.
5. What memo, signed by the Druid's assistant, arrives in the afternoon?
(a) The French article is of the utmost importance.
(b) The narrator is fired, so everyone say goodbye.
(c) It is Clara's birthday and there is cake in the conference room.
(d) A Mr. Richard Fox is writing an article on the magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator get the girl to dance with him longer after she's said she is tired?
2. To what does the narrator compare Vicky's childhood?
3. What reservations did the narrator's father have about Amanda?
4. Upon his discovery, what phrase does the narrator blurt out?
5. Of what do the potted plants remind the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the narrator's inner identity and his outer persona conflict?
2. What was Amanda's home life like when she met the narrator?
3. What does the narrator hope for as he turns in an article that he knows is unfinished?
4. What began Clara Tillinghast's dislike of the narrator?
5. Though Vicky seems an appropriate person for the narrator and makes him happy, what ill affect does the exhilaration of their date have on the narrator?
6. How is the narrator's love of fiction detrimental to his development as an adult?
7. How are the narrator and Amanda using each other for escape?
8. How is the narrator out of place in the sports bar?
9. What is the significance of the last three images in the chapter: the Colgate sign, the Statue of Liberty, and the garbage barge?
10. Where is the narrator when the story begins?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)