|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's punishment for failing in his duty?
(a) He is placed in Fiction.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) He is put in the mail room.
2. Why doesn't Megan live with her family?
(a) They had a falling-out and have not spoken for years.
(b) Her family died in a car accident.
(c) She was ill for a long time and committed to Bellevue.
(d) She cannot afford to travel home.
3. What does the narrator discover is missing from the department store window?
(a) His favorite clothing ad.
(b) Amanda's mannequin.
(c) The article about the magazine.
(d) Megan's commercial.
4. Where does Tad claim to have seen Odysseus before?
(a) He has seen him driving a limo.
(b) He has seen him working for a Dial-a-Hunk service.
(c) He has seen him on a television infomercial.
(d) He has seen him working as a dancer in a club.
5. What is the narrator's plan for the fashion show?
(a) He will slip backstage and kidnap Amanda.
(b) He will steal all the briefcases and wallets he can.
(c) He will confront Amanda and demand an explanation.
(d) He will set the building on fire and lock the doors.
6. Who is waiting at the narrator's apartment when he comes back from lunch?
7. Before implementing his plan, what does the narrator compare himself to?
(a) He compares himself to a terrorist waiting in unsuspecting crowd.
(b) He compares himself to menorah in a Christmas tree shop.
(c) He compares himself to children at family holidays.
(d) He compares himself to a tourist in Times Square.
8. On the morning of his meeting with Clara, what time does the narrator wake up?
(a) Six-thirty AM.
(c) Nine o'clock AM.
(d) Ten o'clock AM.
9. What does the phone call entail?
(a) The called wants to repair their marriage.
(b) The caller wants the narrator to take his old job back.
(c) The caller wants the narrator to come back to the apartment.
(d) The caller wants the narrator to provide smut on the magazine.
10. With whom does the narrator make a lunch date for the next day?
(a) Clara Tillinghast.
(b) Vicky Hollins.
(c) The Druid.
(d) Megan Avery.
11. What does the narrator's mother reveal about the narrator as a baby?
(a) He was partially deaf when he was born.
(b) His eyes changed color when he was very young.
(c) He was a horribly difficult baby.
(d) He was a very quiet and well-behaved baby.
12. What does the narrator drop in the bathroom?
(a) The paper with Vicky's phone number.
(b) His wallet and credit cards.
(c) His glasses.
(d) The vial of cocaine Tad gave him.
13. Where does the narrator sit in the audience?
(a) He cannot sit, it is standing room only.
(b) He sits on the aisle of the back row.
(c) He sits in the center of the first row.
(d) He sits in the center of the middle row.
14. According to Megan, what was the only coherent thing Alex said when he was discovered?
(a) Bright lights, big city.
(b) Facts wait for no man.
(c) He was being attacked by pygmies.
(d) One more martini, please.
15. What does the narrator do after Amanda speaks to him?
(a) He punches her in the mouth, breaking her teeth.
(b) He busts into tears and runs from the club.
(c) He throws his drink on the floor and challenges her fiance.
(d) He begins laughing hysterically and cannot stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator think he reacted so badly to Amanda's departure?
2. What does the narrator smell on his way home, through his nose-bleed?
3. What does the narrator give to Megan?
4. What does the narrator want from Amanda?
5. Upon opening the Post, what does the narrator discover about Coma Baby?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)