|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator give to Megan?
(a) A picture of Amanda.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) A snort of cocaine.
(d) The keys to his apartment.
2. What does the narrator drop in the bathroom?
(a) The paper with Vicky's phone number.
(b) His glasses.
(c) The vial of cocaine Tad gave him.
(d) His wallet and credit cards.
3. What does he have to say in the phone call?
(a) He says that he is a cocaine addict and needs help.
(b) He says that his mother died a year ago.
(c) He says that he just passed out hysterically laughing at Amanda.
(d) He says that he is in love with Vicky and needs to find her.
4. What phrase does Wade want on the narrator's epitaph?
(a) He didn't face facts.
(b) As a matter of fact.
(c) The facts of life.
(d) Facts wait for no man.
5. What image of their mother does Michael keep in his memory?
(a) An image of their mother falling asleep.
(b) An image of their mother baking bread.
(c) An image of their mother raking leaves.
(d) An image of their mother coughing.
6. What have they resolved to leave in Clara's office?
(a) Fred, the ferret.
(b) Rolls and rolls of toilet paper.
(c) A bunch of balloons.
(d) A large pile of cocaine.
7. Who offers the narrator a reference when he returns to the office?
(a) Clara TIllinhast.
(b) The Ghost.
(c) Megan Avery.
(d) The Druid.
8. What pain medication is their mother taking?
9. What did the narrator do on his first day of school?
(a) He was bullied by another boy and broke a finger.
(b) He ran out of the house to the bus in excitement.
(c) He colored all his book with marker.
(d) He hid in the woods so he would miss the bus.
10. From whom has the narrator obtained the invitation?
(a) A friend at Vogue.
(c) Megan Avery.
(d) A friend at Harper's Bazaar.
11. Of what does the scent remind the narrator?
(a) It reminds him of the way Vicky smells.
(b) It reminds him of his old job.
(c) It reminds him of his encounter the night before.
(d) It reminds him of his mother baking bread.
12. Why does the narrator theorize he actually married Amanda?
(a) He was so eager to get married he did not care to whom.
(b) He wanted to make Michael jealous.
(c) He wanted to please his mother on her deathbed.
(d) He was entranced by her beauty.
13. Where do the narrator and Megan go to eat?
(a) They go to the Lions Head Pub.
(b) They go to Megan's apartment.
(c) They go to the narrator's apartment.
(d) They go to Odeon.
14. In fifty years, how many retractions has the magazine printed?
15. What does the phone call entail?
(a) The caller wants the narrator to take his old job back.
(b) The caller wants the narrator to come back to the apartment.
(c) The caller wants the narrator to provide smut on the magazine.
(d) The called wants to repair their marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's plan for the fashion show?
2. What is the narrator's favorite exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum?
3. Where does the narrator wake up in the morning?
4. What are the bouncers dressed up as?
5. Upon opening the Post, what does the narrator discover about Coma Baby?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)