|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator receive a phone call from after finishing the last of the drugs as Michael sleeps?
(a) Tad Allagash.
(b) Amanda White.
(c) His father.
(d) Clara Tillinghast.
2. Why has Michael come to get the narrator?
(a) He is getting married the next day and the narrator is the best man.
(b) The next day is the anniversary of their mother's death.
(c) Their father has died unexpectedly.
(d) The narrator owes Michael money.
3. Why does the narrator theorize he actually married Amanda?
(a) He wanted to please his mother on her deathbed.
(b) He was so eager to get married he did not care to whom.
(c) He was entranced by her beauty.
(d) He wanted to make Michael jealous.
4. Of what does the scent remind the narrator?
(a) It reminds him of the way Vicky smells.
(b) It reminds him of his mother baking bread.
(c) It reminds him of his encounter the night before.
(d) It reminds him of his old job.
5. Where does the narrator decide to go?
(b) The Lion's Head Pub.
(d) The office.
6. What drink does the narrator order at the bar?
(a) Whiskey and Coca-Cola.
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Vodka on ice.
(d) A margarita.
7. What does the narrator's mother reveal about the narrator as a baby?
(a) He was partially deaf when he was born.
(b) His eyes changed color when he was very young.
(c) He was a very quiet and well-behaved baby.
(d) He was a horribly difficult baby.
8. Who do the narrator and Tad encounter upon their illegal return to the office?
(a) Alex Hardy.
(b) Megan Avery.
(c) The Druid.
(d) Clara Tillinghast.
9. What plans with Megan has the narrator forgotten?
(a) He has forgotten their movie night.
(b) He has forgotten their lunch date.
(c) He has forgotten their dinner reservation.
(d) He has forgotten their elopement.
10. What does the narrator discover is missing from the department store window?
(a) His favorite clothing ad.
(b) The article about the magazine.
(c) Amanda's mannequin.
(d) Megan's commercial.
11. What is the narrator's plan for the fashion show?
(a) He will confront Amanda and demand an explanation.
(b) He will steal all the briefcases and wallets he can.
(c) He will set the building on fire and lock the doors.
(d) He will slip backstage and kidnap Amanda.
12. How does Michael get into the narrator's apartment?
(a) He has brought a police escort.
(b) He claims he is a parcel service.
(c) He pleads with the narrator to let him in.
(d) He forces his way through the door.
13. What phrase does Wade want on the narrator's epitaph?
(a) As a matter of fact.
(b) The facts of life.
(c) He didn't face facts.
(d) Facts wait for no man.
14. Why does the narrator think he reacted so badly to Amanda's departure?
(a) He had a rift opened with his brother forever for stealing her.
(b) He knew Amanda was his one true love and he would never find another.
(c) She owed him lots of money and he knew he would never get it back.
(d) He was just then feeling the repercussions of his mother's death.
15. What animal does Megan say was found in the mail room?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A mink.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A ferret.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Megan, what was the only coherent thing Alex said when he was discovered?
2. For what event has the narrator obtained an invitation?
3. Where does the narrator wake up the next morning?
4. What does the narrator discover in an envelope in his desk?
5. Who does the narrator's mother see just before she dies?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)