|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, How It's Going.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the bouncers dressed up as?
(a) Aladdin's genie.
(b) Roman soldiers.
(c) Nubian slaves.
(d) Native American medicine men.
2. What distinction does the narrator make between disasters in the city and in the rest of the country?
(a) Disasters in the city are man-made, whereas in the country they are acts of God.
(b) Disasters in the city are always weather-related, whereas in the country they are never weather-related.
(c) Disasters in the city involve taxis, whereas in the country they involve mini vans.
(d) Disasters in the city involved drugs, whereas in the country they involved alcohol.
3. What does the narrator's mother reveal about the narrator as a baby?
(a) He was a horribly difficult baby.
(b) He was partially deaf when he was born.
(c) His eyes changed color when he was very young.
(d) He was a very quiet and well-behaved baby.
4. What mood is the narrator in as he goes to bed after the date?
(a) He is confused and angry about his feelings for Vicky.
(b) For the first time in a while he is happy.
(c) He is miserable, like always.
(d) He is indifferent, dreading the confrontation with Tillinghast.
5. How many martinis has Alex had during the course of lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his discovery, what phrase does the narrator blurt out?
2. Who has called in sick to the office?
3. About how often is the narrator late to work?
4. What does the narrator drop in the bathroom?
5. Whose picture does the narrator see on Rittenhouse's paper?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)