|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Sometimes a Vague Notion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the narrator ride the train to work?
(a) Greeks from Astoria.
(b) Hasidic Jews from Brooklyn.
(c) Dominicans from Washington Heights.
(d) Italians from New Jersey.
2. What animal does the narrator compare to Amanda?
(a) A bear cub.
(b) A foal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A gosling.
3. What author did the narrator, in his first days at the company, give advice about his award-winning prose?
(a) Amanda Sykes.
(b) Marianne Miller.
(c) John Donlevy.
(d) Steven Paul.
4. What does the narrator drop in the bathroom?
(a) The paper with Vicky's phone number.
(b) His glasses.
(c) The vial of cocaine Tad gave him.
(d) His wallet and credit cards.
5. What does the narrator discover in an envelope in his desk?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) Bolivian powder.
(c) An old check he forgot to cash.
(d) Amanda's picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Amanda become a model?
2. To what famous figure does the narrator compare himself?
3. How does the narrator feel in his meeting with Clara?
4. What memo, signed by the Druid's assistant, arrives in the afternoon?
5. What relationship of Megan's surprises the narrator?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)