|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Sometimes a Vague Notion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scent does the narrator catch on Bleecker street?
(a) A dumpster.
(b) Fresh fish.
(c) Coffee from open windows of an apartment building.
(d) An Italian bakery.
2. Who does the narrator encounter at the second club?
(a) Megan Avery, his coworker.
(b) Michael, his brother.
(c) Rich Vanier, a former classmate.
(d) Vicky, Tad's cousin.
3. What sports faux pas does the narrator commit at the Irish bar?
(a) He calls a basketball quarter a period.
(b) He calls a baseball inning a quarter.
(c) He calls a baseball run a point.
(d) He calls a hockey puck a ball.
4. Where and what is Vicky studying?
(a) She is studying medicine at Yale.
(b) She is studying psychology at Cornell.
(c) She is studying philosophy at Princeton.
(d) She is studying mathematics at Harvard.
5. What animal does Vicky use as a philosophical example for the narrator?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bat.
(d) A ferret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want from Amanda?
2. Is the narrator depressed about his current situation?
3. What animal does the narrator compare to Amanda?
4. What short article, besides the French article, is the narrator assigned to fact-check?
5. How do the narrator's coworkers react after his deadline is changed?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)