|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Coma Baby Lives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator convince himself to stay out with Tad instead of just going home?
(a) The narrator tells himself Tad has never let him down.
(b) The narrator tells himself he will find another woman to love if he stays out.
(c) The narrator knows he has a serious addiction and needs the drugs.
(d) The narrator just wants a pick-me-up, then will leave for home.
2. Why does the narrator dislike going home?
(a) He lives with an unruly roommate.
(b) His apartment is a slum and infested with cockroaches.
(c) He lives with his nagging mother.
(d) His apartment is haunted with thoughts of his ex-wife.
3. How old is the narrator?
4. Who is Alex Hardy?
(a) The narrator's brother.
(b) A fiction editor emeritus.
(c) A doorman who occasionally works the elevator.
(d) A fellow Facts Department coworker.
5. Why has Tad insisted on making up stories about Amanda and the narrator's separation?
(a) He honestly thinks Amanda was an activist in South America.
(b) He is hoping he will meet the love of his love through the narrator's tragedy.
(c) He is trying to help the narrator get more girls.
(d) He is completely clueless about how their relationship ended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the corner of Bleecker and Cornelia street?
2. Whose picture does the narrator see on Rittenhouse's paper?
3. What is Seventh Avenue called below Fortieth Street?
4. What happens to the narrator's deadline on the French piece?
5. Upon his return to the office, what has the narrator forgotten?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)