|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The Department of Factual Verification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heath ailment does Wade knowingly joke about with the narrator?
(a) The narrator's strep throat.
(b) The narrator's ear infection.
(c) The narrator's sinus infection.
(d) The narrator's influenza.
2. Who does the narrator hope to meet in the club?
(a) The co-worker of his dreams, Clara Tillinghast.
(b) The kind of girl who would not be in a place like that.
(c) His ex-wife Amanda.
(d) A movie star.
3. Why does the narrator like Tad Allagash?
(a) He and Allagash have been through a lot of tough times together.
(b) Allagash never asks him probing questions: their friendship is very surface.
(c) Allagash is helping the narrator win back Amanda, the love of his life.
(d) He and Allagash have been friends since childhood.
4. What river is the narrator gazing across?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Hudson River.
(d) The East River.
5. How does the narrator get the girl to dance with him longer after she's said she is tired?
(a) He pays the DJ to play better songs.
(b) He offers her drugs which she gladly takes.
(c) He threatens her with bodily harm.
(d) He gives her a rose and tells her she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the homeless person do on the narrator's train ride to work?
2. How was the narrator's innocent advice perceived by his superiors at the magazine?
3. What is the New Jersey state motto?
4. What is Tad Allagash's main goal in life?
5. In which department would the narrator rather be working?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)