|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The Department of Factual Verification.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is the narrator gazing across?
(a) The East River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Ohio River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
2. What letters does the girl particularly like?
(a) The letters "D" and "L."
(b) The letters "W" and "Q."
(c) The letters "P" and "A."
(d) The letters "L"and "M."
3. On the way to work, what poster does the narrator see?
(a) A Wanted poster.
(b) A concert poster.
(c) A Missing Person poster.
(d) A kids' show poster.
4. What memo, signed by the Druid's assistant, arrives in the afternoon?
(a) The French article is of the utmost importance.
(b) A Mr. Richard Fox is writing an article on the magazine.
(c) The narrator is fired, so everyone say goodbye.
(d) It is Clara's birthday and there is cake in the conference room.
5. In which branch of the magazine does the narrator work?
(a) The Fiction Department.
(b) The New Voices Department.
(c) The Grammar Department.
(d) The Department of Factual Verification.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scent does the narrator catch on Bleecker street?
2. In which department would the narrator rather be working?
3. How was the narrator's innocent advice perceived by his superiors at the magazine?
4. What is Tad Allagash's main goal in life?
5. What does the narrator feel is his most shameful addiction?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)