|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, A Womb With a View.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator convince himself to stay out with Tad instead of just going home?
(a) The narrator tells himself Tad has never let him down.
(b) The narrator tells himself he will find another woman to love if he stays out.
(c) The narrator knows he has a serious addiction and needs the drugs.
(d) The narrator just wants a pick-me-up, then will leave for home.
2. What does he discover upon a search of the Ladies' room?
(a) Amanda and Tad Allagash snorting coke.
(b) Megan Avery and Theresa in conversation.
(c) Theresa and Elaine in an embrace.
(d) Tad Allagash and Elaine in an embrace.
3. About whom does the narrator dream that night?
(a) Coma baby.
(c) His mother.
4. What scent does the narrator catch on Bleecker street?
(a) An Italian bakery.
(b) Coffee from open windows of an apartment building.
(c) A dumpster.
(d) Fresh fish.
5. When the narrator dances with a girl at the club, what does she reveal she has heard about his wife?
(a) His wife died of leukemia.
(b) His wife was an activist and executed by Che Guevara.
(c) His wife has returned to him and his waiting at his apartment.
(d) His wife left him for her career in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when Rich asks him about Amanda?
2. What memo, signed by the Druid's assistant, arrives in the afternoon?
3. What short article, besides the French article, is the narrator assigned to fact-check?
4. How does the narrator get the girl to dance with him longer after she's said she is tired?
5. Is the narrator depressed about his current situation?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)