|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernie die?
(a) A robber stabs him.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) A wall crumbles onto him.
2. What does Ruby do while watching TV in her first motel room?
(b) Takes drugs.
(c) All of these.
3. How does Bernie remain different from other humans?
(a) He gives himself up to his dreams.
(b) He uses his third eye.
(c) He avoids seeing death.
(d) He never sleeps deeply.
4. What did Farrell used to be?
(a) An olympian.
(b) A god.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A king.
5. How long has Destruction been missing at the beginning of the book?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 400 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dream's realm?
2. What is Bernie's last name?
3. What does the Alderman do to turn his clothes to stone?
4. What is the name of the mortal that Delirium connects with the Dancing Woman?
5. What is the Alderman checking when he first appears in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
2. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Bernie die?
4. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
5. How does Ruby die?
6. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
7. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
8. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
9. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
10. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)