Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
2. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
3. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
4. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
5. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
At the beginning of "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget compiles two lists of New Year's resolutions. The lists represent things Bridget will and will not do in the upcoming year. The author uses the lists as a device to introduce literary elements to the reader in an interesting way.
How are each of the following elements introduced in Bridget's list? Remember to provide examples in your answers.
3) Point of view.
In many Western cultures, modern women are engaged in a debate about the merits of being a career mom versus a stay-at-home mom. Most women would agree that the role of mother is important, but many women feel it is their role in the workplace that provides personal fulfillment. The career mom versus stay-at-home mom issue is a recurrent one in "Bridget Jones's Diary."
Explain how this issue is treated by the author when:
1) Bridget attends Harry's birthday party.
2) Bridget's mum decides she needs a career.
3) Magda discusses her inability to leave Jeremy.
What is the author's opinion on the subject? How can you tell?
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)