Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
2. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
3. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
4. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
5. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
Essay Topic 1
The building of a romantic relationship between Bridget and Mark is an important subplot of the book. Identify the following in the Bridget/Mark plot line:
2) Rising action.
4) Falling action.
Essay Topic 2
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the author's decision to include an end-of-the-year tally of Bridget's resolutions. What information is the author trying to get across? Does this help to create closure in the book? Would you know what was going on in Bridget's life without the end-of-the-year tally?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)