|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
2. Eventually, Julio is taken away by ______________.
3. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
4. Una calls Mark's date, Natasha, "quite the Little Madam." She means Natasha is ___________.
5. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
2. Explain Julio's crime.
3. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
6. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
7. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
8. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
9. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
10. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Bridget and Daniel become more involved in June, the reader begins to understand more of what Bridget expects in a relationship. Describe what Bridget's perfect relationship might look like. Remember to include evidence from the text to back up your thoughts. Is Bridget's 'perfect relationship' realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Daniel Cleaver stood Bridget up on a number of occasions. Mark Darcy stands Bridget up on their first date.
Compare and contrast Bridget's reaction to being stood up by Daniel to her reaction to being stood up by Mark. What do her reactions say about her self-esteem at the time of each incident?
Essay Topic 3
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)