Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
2. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
3. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
4. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
5. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
Essay Topic 1
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book, Bridget writes that Daniel is a playboy. As the book progresses, Bridget runs into more and more women whom Daniel has hurt and forgotten. In July, Bridget realizes that Daniel has been cheating on her with Suki, a woman opposite of Bridget in every way.
Analyze Daniel's participation in the relationship. Answer the following questions:
1) Considering Daniel's past - and present - interactions with women, why do you think he stays with Bridget for so long?
2) It becomes obvious that Daniel does not want to put in the effort required for a relationship, so why does he stay with Bridget?
3) Daniel eventually chooses Suki over Bridget. How is Suki a better fit for him?
4) Do you think Daniel ends up regretting his choice?
Essay Topic 3
The building of a romantic relationship between Bridget and Mark is an important subplot of the book. Identify the following in the Bridget/Mark plot line:
2) Rising action.
4) Falling action.
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)