|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's mum embarrasses everyone when she criticizes the Ruby Anniversary party in front of ______________.
2. Christmas dinner is interrupted by the arrival of _______________.
3. How does the book end?
4. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
5. Why does Mark dislike Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
2. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
3. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
4. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
5. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
6. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
7. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
8. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
9. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
10. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
Essay Topic 3
Bridget is blessed with having good friends whom she thinks of as family. Describe each of Bridget's friends and explain why the author created them. Also, explain how each character is connected to a theme in the book.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)