|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television show that Bridget begins working on?
2. Una calls Mark's date, Natasha, "quite the Little Madam." She means Natasha is ___________.
3. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
4. What does Tom tell Bridget to do about Daniel?
5. How does Bridget try to make herself feel better about her breakup with Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
2. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
3. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
4. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
5. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
6. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
7. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
8. Identify the climax of the book.
9. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
10. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
Essay Topic 2
How do Perpetua and Natasha treat Bridget at the book-release party? How does Bridget handle the situation? What is the goal of their behavior? How does their treatment of Bridget provide Mark Darcy with an opportunity to connect with Bridget?
Essay Topic 3
Bridget is blessed with having good friends whom she thinks of as family. Describe each of Bridget's friends and explain why the author created them. Also, explain how each character is connected to a theme in the book.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)