|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget decides that her end-of-the-year tally represents what?
2. Mark and Bridget have a bonding moment over milk and _________.
3. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
4. Bridget and Mark never go out to dinner together. Why?
5. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
Essay Topic 1
Bridget begins to purchase lottery tickets in March. How might the lottery tickets be symbolic of Bridget's lack of progress on her career and financial goals?
Essay Topic 2
Bridget is blessed with having good friends whom she thinks of as family. Describe each of Bridget's friends and explain why the author created them. Also, explain how each character is connected to a theme in the book.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget compiles two lists of New Year's resolutions. The lists represent things Bridget will and will not do in the upcoming year. The author uses the lists as a device to introduce literary elements to the reader in an interesting way.
How are each of the following elements introduced in Bridget's list? Remember to provide examples in your answers.
3) Point of view.
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)