|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark dislike Daniel?
2. Why is Bridget upset when Daniel backs out of going to the Tarts and Vicars party?
3. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
4. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
5. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
2. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
3. Explain Julio's crime.
4. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
5. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
6. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
7. Identify the climax of the book.
8. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
9. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
10. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bridget and her mum have an interesting, often troubled, relationship. However, there are times in the book when it is obvious that Bridget's mum cares and wants to see her daughter happy. Give 3 examples of times when Bridget's mum is concerned with Bridget's welfare. Explain how each example shows her mum's true feelings for Bridget.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Bridget's handling of her disastrous dinner party for Mark and her mum's fugitive status show the growth of her character. Also, identify which events have contributed to the changes in her.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)