|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
2. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
3. Bridget does not hear from Mark and worries that he has ____________.
4. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
5. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
2. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
3. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
4. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
5. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
6. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
7. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
8. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
9. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
10. Explain Julio's crime.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Bridget and Daniel become more involved in June, the reader begins to understand more of what Bridget expects in a relationship. Describe what Bridget's perfect relationship might look like. Remember to include evidence from the text to back up your thoughts. Is Bridget's 'perfect relationship' realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The building of a romantic relationship between Bridget and Mark is an important subplot of the book. Identify the following in the Bridget/Mark plot line:
2) Rising action.
4) Falling action.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)