|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Bridget's mother when she returns from Portugal?
2. Bridget fears that Mark was turned off by her _______________ .
3. What does Daniel's interpretation of Bridget's dream show the reader about his character?
4. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
5. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
2. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
3. Identify the climax of the book.
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
6. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
7. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
8. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
9. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
10. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Bridget and Daniel become more involved in June, the reader begins to understand more of what Bridget expects in a relationship. Describe what Bridget's perfect relationship might look like. Remember to include evidence from the text to back up your thoughts. Is Bridget's 'perfect relationship' realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Bridget and her mum have an interesting, often troubled, relationship. However, there are times in the book when it is obvious that Bridget's mum cares and wants to see her daughter happy. Give 3 examples of times when Bridget's mum is concerned with Bridget's welfare. Explain how each example shows her mum's true feelings for Bridget.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget compiles two lists of New Year's resolutions. The lists represent things Bridget will and will not do in the upcoming year. The author uses the lists as a device to introduce literary elements to the reader in an interesting way.
How are each of the following elements introduced in Bridget's list? Remember to provide examples in your answers.
3) Point of view.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)