|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
2. Bridget is certain that losing weight, having no cellulite, cutting out alcohol and _____________________ will fix her life.
3. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
4. Who convinces Bridget to attend the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
5. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
2. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
3. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
6. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
7. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
8. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
9. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
10. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Bridget's handling of her disastrous dinner party for Mark and her mum's fugitive status show the growth of her character. Also, identify which events have contributed to the changes in her.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)