Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
2. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
3. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
4. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
5. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
Daniel Cleaver stood Bridget up on a number of occasions. Mark Darcy stands Bridget up on their first date.
Compare and contrast Bridget's reaction to being stood up by Daniel to her reaction to being stood up by Mark. What do her reactions say about her self-esteem at the time of each incident?
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
At the beginning of "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget compiles two lists of New Year's resolutions. The lists represent things Bridget will and will not do in the upcoming year. The author uses the lists as a device to introduce literary elements to the reader in an interesting way.
How are each of the following elements introduced in Bridget's list? Remember to provide examples in your answers.
3) Point of view.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)