|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
2. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
3. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
4. Bridget's Valentine's Day card from Daniel is ________________.
5. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
2. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
3. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
4. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
5. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
6. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
7. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
8. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
9. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
10. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Perpetua and Natasha treat Bridget at the book-release party? How does Bridget handle the situation? What is the goal of their behavior? How does their treatment of Bridget provide Mark Darcy with an opportunity to connect with Bridget?
Essay Topic 2
Bridget begins to purchase lottery tickets in March. How might the lottery tickets be symbolic of Bridget's lack of progress on her career and financial goals?
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)