Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are driving to their hotel, Daniel and Bridget begin to discuss current events. Why does Daniel begin to treat Bridget like she is dumb?
2. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
3. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
4. Which of the following is NOT given as a reason why Bridget should be interested in Mark?
5. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
6. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
7. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
8. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
9. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
10. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
At the beginning of the book, Bridget writes that Daniel is a playboy. As the book progresses, Bridget runs into more and more women whom Daniel has hurt and forgotten. In July, Bridget realizes that Daniel has been cheating on her with Suki, a woman opposite of Bridget in every way.
Analyze Daniel's participation in the relationship. Answer the following questions:
1) Considering Daniel's past - and present - interactions with women, why do you think he stays with Bridget for so long?
2) It becomes obvious that Daniel does not want to put in the effort required for a relationship, so why does he stay with Bridget?
3) Daniel eventually chooses Suki over Bridget. How is Suki a better fit for him?
4) Do you think Daniel ends up regretting his choice?
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Bridget and her mum have an interesting, often troubled, relationship. However, there are times in the book when it is obvious that Bridget's mum cares and wants to see her daughter happy. Give 3 examples of times when Bridget's mum is concerned with Bridget's welfare. Explain how each example shows her mum's true feelings for Bridget.
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)