|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the older, married people at the party push Bridget and Mark together?
2. What does Bridget's mum's phone call tell the reader about Bridget and her mum's relationship?
3. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
4. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
5. What is a "barrister"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
2. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
3. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
4. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
6. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
7. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
8. What is a "Smug Married"?
9. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
10. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following questions about Bridget's character. Make sure to support your answers with evidence from the text.
1) What are Bridget's good qualities?
2) What are Bridget's bad qualities?
3) What are Bridget's goals in life?
4) What is Bridget's motivation for reaching these goals?
5) What things conflict with Bridget's ability to achieve her goals?
Essay Topic 3
Bridget is blessed with having good friends whom she thinks of as family. Describe each of Bridget's friends and explain why the author created them. Also, explain how each character is connected to a theme in the book.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)