|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
2. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
3. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
4. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
5. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "Smug Married"?
2. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
3. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
4. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
6. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
7. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
8. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
9. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
10. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Essay Topic 2
In April, Bridget and Jude briefly discuss Zen philosophy as a way to have "inner poise" and overcome obstacles. Bridget writes that if you are Zen, "instead of straining or becoming angry you should just relax and feel your way into the Flow and everything will work out."
Which of Bridget's character traits are at odds with the idea of Zen? How might those traits work against her?
Essay Topic 3
Bridget will be happiest with a man who accepts her as she is; someone who has the ability to appreciate her flaws, her insecurities, and her eccentricities. Ideally, she needs a person who will see who she is on the inside.
Explain why Mark Darcy might be looking for this same kind of acceptance.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)