|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget decides that the secret to her mum's new happiness is ______________.
2. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
3. How does Bridget end up feeling about her holiday getaway with Daniel?
4. Who does Bridget unexpectedly run into at the book-release party?
5. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
2. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
3. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
4. What are Bridget's friends like?
5. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
6. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
7. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
8. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
9. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
10. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Bridget and Daniel become more involved in June, the reader begins to understand more of what Bridget expects in a relationship. Describe what Bridget's perfect relationship might look like. Remember to include evidence from the text to back up your thoughts. Is Bridget's 'perfect relationship' realistic?
Essay Topic 2
The building of a romantic relationship between Bridget and Mark is an important subplot of the book. Identify the following in the Bridget/Mark plot line:
2) Rising action.
4) Falling action.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
This section contains 1,938 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)