Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are driving to their hotel, Daniel and Bridget begin to discuss current events. Why does Daniel begin to treat Bridget like she is dumb?
2. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
3. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
4. Which of the following is NOT given as a reason why Bridget should be interested in Mark?
5. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
6. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
7. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
8. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
9. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
10. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
How do Perpetua and Natasha treat Bridget at the book-release party? How does Bridget handle the situation? What is the goal of their behavior? How does their treatment of Bridget provide Mark Darcy with an opportunity to connect with Bridget?
As Bridget and Daniel become more involved in June, the reader begins to understand more of what Bridget expects in a relationship. Describe what Bridget's perfect relationship might look like. Remember to include evidence from the text to back up your thoughts. Is Bridget's 'perfect relationship' realistic?
Defend Mark Darcy as the author's choice for Bridget's perfect boyfriend. How does the reader know what Bridget is looking for in a relationship? What are her expectations? How does the reader know that Mark meets these expectations? Use evidence from Bridget's relationship with Daniel, Bridget's resolutions lists, and Bridget's interactions with Mark to build your case.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)