|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are driving to their hotel, Daniel and Bridget begin to discuss current events. Why does Daniel begin to treat Bridget like she is dumb?
2. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
3. Magda's complaints about her relationship with Jeremy are very similar to ___________ complaints about _______________.
4. How does her parents' broken marriage change the relationship Bridget has with them?
5. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
2. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
3. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
4. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
5. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
6. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
7. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
8. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
9. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
10. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
Essay Topic 2
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)