|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Magda's complaints about her relationship with Jeremy are very similar to ___________ complaints about _______________.
2. Daniel tends to put Bridget down a lot. Why does he do it?
3. What does Bridget's mum's phone call tell the reader about Bridget and her mum's relationship?
4. Which of the following is NOT a theme in Bridget's lists?
5. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
2. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
3. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
4. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. What are Bridget's friends like?
6. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
7. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
8. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
9. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
10. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do Perpetua and Natasha treat Bridget at the book-release party? How does Bridget handle the situation? What is the goal of their behavior? How does their treatment of Bridget provide Mark Darcy with an opportunity to connect with Bridget?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)