|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bridget's mum give for being mean to her husband?
2. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
3. April opens with Bridget wishing she had ____________.
4. How does her parents' broken marriage change the relationship Bridget has with them?
5. Magda's complaints about her relationship with Jeremy are very similar to ___________ complaints about _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
2. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
3. What are Bridget's friends like?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
6. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
7. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
8. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
9. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
10. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's decision to include an end-of-the-year tally of Bridget's resolutions. What information is the author trying to get across? Does this help to create closure in the book? Would you know what was going on in Bridget's life without the end-of-the-year tally?
Essay Topic 2
Bridget and her mum have an interesting, often troubled, relationship. However, there are times in the book when it is obvious that Bridget's mum cares and wants to see her daughter happy. Give 3 examples of times when Bridget's mum is concerned with Bridget's welfare. Explain how each example shows her mum's true feelings for Bridget.
Essay Topic 3
The building of a romantic relationship between Bridget and Mark is an important subplot of the book. Identify the following in the Bridget/Mark plot line:
2) Rising action.
4) Falling action.
This section contains 2,044 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)