|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget think when her mum snaps at her dad over lunch?
2. Bridget's mum calls wanting to take her to get a make-over, but Bridget does not want to go. How does her mother manipulate her into considering the outing?
3. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
4. What changes does Bridget notice in her mum at the beginning of March?
5. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
2. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
3. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
4. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
5. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
6. What are Bridget's friends like?
7. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
8. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
9. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
10. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the following questions in paragraph form:
In March, Bridget recognizes that she does not have power over the men in her life. What does she mean when she writes about "power"? How does she give her power away to the men in her life?
Bridget's mum seems to conduct her love life without thought to how her carelessness might hurt others. Is that the kind of power Bridget should strive for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Bridget's handling of her disastrous dinner party for Mark and her mum's fugitive status show the growth of her character. Also, identify which events have contributed to the changes in her.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)