|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget realize now that she has reached her goal weight?
2. Who does Bridget's mum want her to meet at the Buffet?
3. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
4. Which of the following resolutions tells you how Bridget feels about her weight?
5. What is Bridget doing at the end of April?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
2. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
3. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
4. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. What are Bridget's friends like?
6. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
7. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
8. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
9. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
10. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daniel Cleaver stood Bridget up on a number of occasions. Mark Darcy stands Bridget up on their first date.
Compare and contrast Bridget's reaction to being stood up by Daniel to her reaction to being stood up by Mark. What do her reactions say about her self-esteem at the time of each incident?
Essay Topic 2
Bridget begins to purchase lottery tickets in March. How might the lottery tickets be symbolic of Bridget's lack of progress on her career and financial goals?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Bridget's handling of her disastrous dinner party for Mark and her mum's fugitive status show the growth of her character. Also, identify which events have contributed to the changes in her.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)