|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
2. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
3. What does Bridget discover when her mum interviews her for Suddenly Single?
4. Now that Bridget and Daniel are "dating" their relationship becomes a little _______________.
5. What is the purpose of Tom's character in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
2. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
3. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
4. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
5. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
6. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
7. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
8. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
9. What is a "Smug Married"?
10. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
Essay Topic 1
Daniel Cleaver stood Bridget up on a number of occasions. Mark Darcy stands Bridget up on their first date.
Compare and contrast Bridget's reaction to being stood up by Daniel to her reaction to being stood up by Mark. What do her reactions say about her self-esteem at the time of each incident?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
This section contains 2,085 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)