|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
2. Who are Magda and Jeremy?
3. Bridget's ruined vacation with Daniel is symbolic of what?
4. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
5. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
2. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
3. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
4. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
5. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
6. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
7. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
8. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
9. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
10. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Perpetua and Natasha treat Bridget at the book-release party? How does Bridget handle the situation? What is the goal of their behavior? How does their treatment of Bridget provide Mark Darcy with an opportunity to connect with Bridget?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of September, Bridget has worked for two different bosses, Daniel Cleaver and Richard Finch. Compare and contrast these two men in how they conduct themselves as bosses, men, and their treatment of Bridget.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget compiles two lists of New Year's resolutions. The lists represent things Bridget will and will not do in the upcoming year. The author uses the lists as a device to introduce literary elements to the reader in an interesting way.
How are each of the following elements introduced in Bridget's list? Remember to provide examples in your answers.
3) Point of view.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)