|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Bridget and Daniel are "dating" their relationship becomes a little _______________.
2. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
3. What does Bridget's mum want when she calls her at work?
4. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
5. What does Bridget's birthday show the reader about her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
2. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
3. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
4. What are Bridget's friends like?
5. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
6. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
7. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
8. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
9. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
10. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bridget and Jude. Explain how the two women are similar in their thoughts, feelings, and problems. Examine how they deal with relationships and identify any differences they might have.
Essay Topic 2
Defend Mark Darcy as the author's choice for Bridget's perfect boyfriend. How does the reader know what Bridget is looking for in a relationship? What are her expectations? How does the reader know that Mark meets these expectations? Use evidence from Bridget's relationship with Daniel, Bridget's resolutions lists, and Bridget's interactions with Mark to build your case.
Essay Topic 3
When Bridget begins working for "Good Afternoon!" she tries hard to perform to the best of her abilities. However, her achievements at work seem to make her the outsider. Bridget feels disliked by her coworkers both because of her age and because of her dedication.
1) Why does Bridget's dedication and success create harsh feelings toward her with her coworkers?
2) Why does age effect the way Bridget's coworkers view her?
3) Explain how Bridget overcomes these differences with her coworkers.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)