|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(b) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
(c) That she is fat.
(d) That she is dumb.
2. How much weight does she gain back?
(a) 50 pounds.
(c) 74 pounds.
(d) 72 pounds.
3. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
(a) She does not get the job.
(b) Her boss buys her a drink.
(c) She gets the job.
(d) Her new co-workers like her.
4. Bridget does not hear from Mark and worries that he has ____________.
(a) Been put in jail.
(b) Dumped her.
(c) Run off.
5. Why does Bridget think Daniel cheated on her?
(a) She doesn't think he cheated on her.
(b) Because she is too needy.
(c) Because she is fat.
(d) Because he was bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Christmas at her parents' home, Bridget hangs out of the window to smoke a cigarette. What does she see her mum and brother doing?
2. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
3. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
4. Bridget's new career changes her. She begins to think more about work and obsesses less about ________________.
5. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify the climax of the book.
2. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
3. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
4. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
5. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
6. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
7. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
8. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
9. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
10. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)