|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Christmas at her parents' home, Bridget hangs out of the window to smoke a cigarette. What does she see her mum and brother doing?
(a) The same thing.
(b) Yelling at her father.
(c) Hugging on the porch.
(d) Eating chocolate without her.
2. What does Daniel's interpretation of Bridget's dream show the reader about his character?
(a) That he is not capable of deep thoughts.
(b) That he is a funny guy.
(c) That he doesn't like Bridget.
(d) That he feels uncomfortable with intimacy.
3. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She is the only single person.
(b) Daniel shows up with another woman.
(c) She is the only one dressed as a Vicar.
(d) She is the only one dressed as a Tart.
4. Who does Bridget's mum want her to see at the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
(a) Her father.
5. What advice does Bridget's mum give her about Bridget's break up with Daniel?
(a) Brace up.
(b) Give Daniel her notice.
(c) Go to work looking gorgeous.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. The January - December chapter is:
2. What has Julio done that causes Bridget's mum to run off with him?
3. Who asks Bridget to dance on Mark's lawn?
4. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
5. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
2. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
3. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
4. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
5. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
6. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
7. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
8. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
9. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
10. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)