|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget's neighbor, Dan, tells her that he has been putting her mail where?
(a) Back in the mailbox.
(b) Under her door.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) On her kitchen counter.
2. What is wrong with Bridget's father when he calls her before the party?
(a) He is having a breakdown.
(b) Her mother has asked to come home.
(c) He is filing for divorce.
(d) He heard about her breakup with Daniel.
3. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
4. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He does not want to talk to her.
(c) He is working too hard.
(d) He is ill.
5. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
(a) She knows Bridget cannot afford the payment.
(b) She thinks Bridget had a man staying with her.
(c) Perpetua needs the money.
(d) Bridget broke a lamp in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's firehouse interview is a complete _________________.
2. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
3. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
4. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
5. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
2. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
3. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
4. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
5. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
6. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
7. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
8. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
9. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
10. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)