|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
(a) He wants to date her.
(b) She looks beautiful.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He needs space.
2. How does Daniel react to Bridget's news that she has a new job?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He feels betrayed by her.
(c) He fires her before she can quit.
(d) He is excited for her.
3. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
4. Bridget's first on-camera assignment for Good Afternoon! takes place where?
(a) At a park.
(b) With Colin Firth.
(c) In New York.
(d) At a firehouse.
5. What is the name of the television show that Bridget begins working on?
(a) A Current Affair.
(b) Good Afternoon!
(d) The Daily Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
2. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
3. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
4. Bridget's mum embarrasses everyone when she criticizes the Ruby Anniversary party in front of ______________.
5. Who does Bridget's mum want her to see at the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
2. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
3. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
4. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
5. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
6. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
7. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
8. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
9. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
10. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)