|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
(a) Her new co-workers like her.
(b) She gets the job.
(c) She does not get the job.
(d) Her boss buys her a drink.
2. Mark ends up traveling to ___________ to find Bridget's mum.
3. What answer does Bridget give Mark about going to dinner?
(d) Let's talk about it later.
4. What advice does Bridget's mum give her about Bridget's break up with Daniel?
(a) Brace up.
(b) Go to work looking gorgeous.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Give Daniel her notice.
5. Bridget's neighbor, Dan, tells her that he has been putting her mail where?
(a) Under her door.
(b) Back in the mailbox.
(c) On her kitchen counter.
(d) In his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
2. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
3. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
4. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
5. How much weight does she gain back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
2. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
3. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
4. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
5. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
6. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
7. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
8. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
9. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
10. Explain Julio's crime.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)