|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
(a) Bridget's boss.
(c) Mark Darcy.
(d) Bridget's mum.
2. What is a "tart"?
(a) A promiscuous woman.
(b) A silly woman.
(c) A type of candle.
(d) A pastry.
3. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
(a) Her new co-workers like her.
(b) Her boss buys her a drink.
(c) She gets the job.
(d) She does not get the job.
4. Bridget is certain that losing weight, having no cellulite, cutting out alcohol and _____________________ will fix her life.
(a) Going shopping.
(b) Breaking up with Daniel.
(c) Not smoking.
5. Who picks up Bridget's mother when she returns from Portugal?
(a) The police.
(b) Bridget and her father.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
2. Una calls Mark's date, Natasha, "quite the Little Madam." She means Natasha is ___________.
3. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
4. Who convinces Bridget to attend the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
5. How much weight does she gain back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
2. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
3. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
4. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
5. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
6. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
7. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
8. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
9. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
10. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)