|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "nice boyfriend" that Bridget lists?
(c) Mark Darcy.
2. What answer does Bridget give Mark about going to dinner?
(a) Let's talk about it later.
3. How many resolutions does Bridget keep?
(b) All of them.
4. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
(b) The best advice she has ever heard.
5. Why is Bridget frustrated with her mum after her mum returns home?
(a) Mum doesn't appreciate what Mark did for them.
(b) Mum doesn't believe Julio is a criminal.
(c) Mum has learned her lesson.
(d) Mum wants to leave again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's firehouse interview is a complete _________________.
2. As December goes on, Bridget becomes depressed because she has not received _____________.
3. How much weight does she lose over the year?
4. Mark ends up traveling to ___________ to find Bridget's mum.
5. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
2. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
3. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
6. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
7. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
8. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
9. Identify the climax of the book.
10. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)