|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
(a) Mark Darcy.
(b) Bridget's mum.
(c) Bridget's boss.
2. Christmas dinner is interrupted by the arrival of _______________.
(c) Mark's parents.
3. Why is Bridget excited when Daniel agrees to go to the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She can't wait to see him dressed up.
(b) She wants to show him her costume.
(c) She will have someone to play cards with.
(d) She will not have to answer questions about being single.
4. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) That she is fat.
(b) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(c) That she is dumb.
(d) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
5. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
(a) He is too smart for her.
(b) He is a jerk.
(c) He is too good for her.
(d) He is dating Natasha again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
2. What has Julio done that causes Bridget's mum to run off with him?
3. What advice does Bridget's mum give her about Bridget's break up with Daniel?
4. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
5. What is a "vicar"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
2. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
3. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
4. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
5. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
6. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
7. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
8. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
9. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
10. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)