|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark ends up traveling to ___________ to find Bridget's mum.
2. Who asks Bridget to dance on Mark's lawn?
(a) A youth named Simon.
(c) She dances by herself.
(d) Her father.
3. Una calls Mark's date, Natasha, "quite the Little Madam." She means Natasha is ___________.
(c) Very kind.
(d) Full of herself.
4. Bridget's neighbor, Dan, tells her that he has been putting her mail where?
(a) Under her door.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) On her kitchen counter.
(d) Back in the mailbox.
5. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
(d) She doesn't count any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. As December goes on, Bridget becomes depressed because she has not received _____________.
2. Gav turns out to be a fun date until he calls Bridget ________________.
3. Bridget decides that her end-of-the-year tally represents what?
4. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
5. How much weight does she lose over the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
2. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
3. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
4. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
5. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
6. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
7. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
8. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
9. Identify the climax of the book.
10. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)