|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget's mum do for her that makes things better?
(a) Pays her rent.
(b) Goes back to her father.
(c) Gets her a job interview.
(d) Finds her a nice man to date.
2. What is wrong with Bridget's father when he calls her before the party?
(a) He is having a breakdown.
(b) He heard about her breakup with Daniel.
(c) He is filing for divorce.
(d) Her mother has asked to come home.
3. Bridget and Mark never go out to dinner together. Why?
(a) He never called her.
(b) Mark stood her up.
(c) Bridget hid in her flat to avoid him.
(d) Bridget didn't hear him knock.
4. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
(a) Diamond patterned sweaters.
(b) TV reporting.
(c) Christmas memories.
5. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
(c) She doesn't count any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
2. Why is Bridget frustrated with her mum after her mum returns home?
3. Why is Bridget excited when Daniel agrees to go to the Tarts and Vicars party?
4. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
5. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
2. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
3. Explain Julio's crime.
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
6. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
7. Identify the climax of the book.
8. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
9. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
10. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)