|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her neighbors.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
2. Bridget's mum embarrasses everyone when she criticizes the Ruby Anniversary party in front of ______________.
3. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
(a) To help Mark's mother.
(b) To Bridget's father.
(c) To aid the police.
(d) To travel to Portugal.
4. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
(a) She doesn't care about calories anymore.
(c) Pretty good.
5. Why does Bridget think Daniel cheated on her?
(a) She doesn't think he cheated on her.
(b) Because she is too needy.
(c) Because she is fat.
(d) Because he was bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's humiliation during her firehouse interview brings her closer to whom?
2. What does Tom tell Bridget to do about Daniel?
3. Who asks Bridget to dance on Mark's lawn?
4. Bridget decides that her end-of-the-year tally represents what?
5. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
2. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
3. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
4. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
5. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
6. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
7. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
8. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
9. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
10. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)