|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
(b) Back together.
(c) Filing for divorce.
(d) In a fight.
2. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
(a) He wants to date her.
(b) She looks beautiful.
(c) He needs space.
(d) He loves her.
3. How does the book end?
(a) It has a sad ending.
(b) It has a happy ending.
(c) It is to be continued.
(d) It ends with a cliffhanger.
4. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
(b) That she is fat.
(c) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(d) That she is dumb.
5. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
(a) To have dinner with him.
(b) To apologize to Natasha.
(c) To leave the party.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's first on-camera assignment for Good Afternoon! takes place where?
2. Bridget's humiliation during her firehouse interview brings her closer to whom?
3. What is a "vicar"?
4. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
5. How does Bridget's mum behave once she returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
2. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
3. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
6. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
7. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
8. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
9. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
10. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)