|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(b) That she is dumb.
(c) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
(d) That she is fat.
2. Gav turns out to be a fun date until he calls Bridget ________________.
3. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
(a) The best advice she has ever heard.
4. Mark Darcy's home can only be described as a _____________.
5. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbors.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
2. Bridget is certain that losing weight, having no cellulite, cutting out alcohol and _____________________ will fix her life.
3. What is a "tart"?
4. Why does Bridget think Daniel cheated on her?
5. How does Daniel react to Bridget's news that she has a new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
2. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
3. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
4. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
5. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
6. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
7. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
8. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
9. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
10. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)