|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel begs Bridget to go out for a drink and talk with him. What does he tell her while they are out?
(a) He wants her back.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is dating more than one other woman.
(d) He wants to marry her.
2. Bridget is certain that losing weight, having no cellulite, cutting out alcohol and _____________________ will fix her life.
(a) Breaking up with Daniel.
(b) Going shopping.
(d) Not smoking.
3. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
(a) To show Smug Marrieds that she can cook.
(b) To impress Mark with her domestic skills.
(c) To play poker.
(d) To test a new recipe.
4. Bridget does not hear from Mark and worries that he has ____________.
(a) Run off.
(b) Been put in jail.
(c) Dumped her.
5. During Christmas at her parents' home, Bridget hangs out of the window to smoke a cigarette. What does she see her mum and brother doing?
(a) Eating chocolate without her.
(b) Yelling at her father.
(c) Hugging on the porch.
(d) The same thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
2. The January - December chapter is:
3. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
4. Who convinces Bridget to attend the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
5. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
2. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
3. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
4. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
5. Explain Julio's crime.
6. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
7. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
8. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
9. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
10. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)