|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
(a) Bridget's mum.
(b) Daniel Cleaver.
(d) Tarts and Vicars.
2. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
(a) She tells Bridget that she is jealous of her new job.
(b) She gets upset with Daniel about the way he has treated Bridget.
(c) She quits, too.
(d) She packs Bridget's things.
3. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
4. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
(b) She doesn't care about calories anymore.
(d) Pretty good.
5. Eventually, Julio is taken away by ______________.
(a) Bridget's dad.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
2. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
3. Bridget and Mark never go out to dinner together. Why?
4. What does Tom tell Bridget to do about Daniel?
5. Bridget's new career changes her. She begins to think more about work and obsesses less about ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
2. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
3. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
4. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
5. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
6. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
7. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
8. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
9. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
10. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)