|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
(a) To help Mark's mother.
(b) To Bridget's father.
(c) To travel to Portugal.
(d) To aid the police.
2. How does Bridget's mum behave once she returns?
(a) Like nothing is wrong.
3. The January - December chapter is:
(a) Dedicated to Mark.
(b) Another New Year's resolution list.
(c) A summary of Bridget's tallies over the year.
(d) The beginning of another book.
4. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
(a) Bridget's dad.
(b) Mark Darcy.
(c) Bridget's mum.
(d) Una Alconbury.
5. After listening to a group of Smug Married men discuss the younger women, Bridget announces to the dinner party that her new boyfriend is __________.
(a) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
2. What advice does Bridget's mum give her about Bridget's break up with Daniel?
3. How does Daniel react to Bridget's news that she has a new job?
4. Mark does not want Bridget to worry too much about dinner. She thinks his concern is ___________.
5. Why is Bridget excited when Daniel agrees to go to the Tarts and Vicars party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
2. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
3. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
4. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
5. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
6. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
7. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
8. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
9. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
10. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)