|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) That she is dumb.
(b) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(c) That she is fat.
(d) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
2. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
(a) She packs Bridget's things.
(b) She tells Bridget that she is jealous of her new job.
(c) She quits, too.
(d) She gets upset with Daniel about the way he has treated Bridget.
3. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
(a) She doesn't justify them.
(b) She is supporting worthwhile causes.
(c) She keeps winning.
(d) She has an addiction.
4. As December goes on, Bridget becomes depressed because she has not received _____________.
(b) Christmas presents.
(c) A bonus at work.
(d) Party invitations.
5. Who asks Bridget to dance on Mark's lawn?
(a) A youth named Simon.
(b) She dances by herself.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
2. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
3. How does Jude influence Bridget in the beginning of November?
4. Bridget is certain that losing weight, having no cellulite, cutting out alcohol and _____________________ will fix her life.
5. What does Bridget's mum do for her that makes things better?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Julio's crime.
2. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
3. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
4. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
5. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
6. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
7. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
8. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
9. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
10. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)