|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark dislike Daniel?
(a) Daniel slept with Mark's wife.
(b) Mark heard Daniel say something bad about Bridget.
(c) He is jealous of Daniel's relationship with Bridget.
(d) Mark doesn't like the way Daniel looks.
2. Bridget and Mark never go out to dinner together. Why?
(a) Mark stood her up.
(b) Bridget didn't hear him knock.
(c) He never called her.
(d) Bridget hid in her flat to avoid him.
3. Bridget fears that Mark was turned off by her _______________ .
(a) Job performance.
(b) Past relationship with Daniel.
(c) Squishy stomach.
(d) Mum's behavior.
4. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
(b) TV reporting.
(c) Christmas memories.
(d) Diamond patterned sweaters.
5. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
(a) To Bridget's father.
(b) To travel to Portugal.
(c) To help Mark's mother.
(d) To aid the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
2. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
3. Mark Darcy's home can only be described as a _____________.
4. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
5. How much weight does she gain back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
2. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
3. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
4. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
5. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
6. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
7. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
8. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
9. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
10. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)