|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
(a) Mark Darcy.
(b) Bridget's dad.
(c) Bridget's mum.
(d) Una Alconbury.
2. How does Jude influence Bridget in the beginning of November?
(a) Taking her to dinner.
(b) By giving her self-help ideas.
(c) By giving her a shoulder to cry on.
(d) Helping her get angry at men.
3. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He does not want to talk to her.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is working too hard.
4. How many resolutions does Bridget keep?
(d) All of them.
5. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bridget frustrated with her mum after her mum returns home?
2. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
3. What is a "vicar"?
4. Who convinces Bridget to attend the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
5. How much weight does she gain back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
2. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
3. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
6. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
7. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
8. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
9. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
10. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)