|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He does not want to talk to her.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) He is working too hard.
2. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
3. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
(a) Bridget's boss.
(b) Bridget's mum.
(d) Mark Darcy.
4. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
(a) Christmas memories.
(c) Diamond patterned sweaters.
(d) TV reporting.
5. After Bridget tells Daniel that she is quitting, Perpetua does something which surprises Bridget. What is it?
(a) She quits, too.
(b) She packs Bridget's things.
(c) She gets upset with Daniel about the way he has treated Bridget.
(d) She tells Bridget that she is jealous of her new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Bridget to do about Daniel?
2. Who convinces Bridget to attend the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
3. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
4. Bridget is under pressure to land a huge interview for her boss. Who arranges for her to get an exclusive interview?
5. Who does Bridget's mum want her to see at the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
2. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
3. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
4. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
5. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
6. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
7. Identify the climax of the book.
8. What predictions can be made about Bridget's new year?
9. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
10. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)