|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natasha do when she finds Mark and Bridget talking alone?
(a) Breaks up with Mark.
(b) She insults Bridget.
(c) Throws a fit.
(d) Joins in their conversation.
2. How does Jude influence Bridget in the beginning of November?
(a) Helping her get angry at men.
(b) Taking her to dinner.
(c) By giving her self-help ideas.
(d) By giving her a shoulder to cry on.
3. Why is Bridget upset when Daniel backs out of going to the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She will now have to put up with boyfriend questions.
(b) She will have to face her parents alone.
(c) She will have to find a different outfit.
(d) She will have to drive herself to the party.
4. What does Tom tell Bridget to do about Daniel?
(a) That he will come back.
(b) To call him.
(c) Not to call him.
(d) To break up with him.
5. Bridget and Mark never go out to dinner together. Why?
(a) Bridget hid in her flat to avoid him.
(b) He never called her.
(c) Bridget didn't hear him knock.
(d) Mark stood her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
2. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
3. During dinner the group learns that _________ and ___________ are wanted by the police.
4. How long has she been with Mark when she writes her tally list in the January - December chapter?
5. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Julio's crime.
2. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
3. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
4. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
5. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
6. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
7. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
8. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
9. How does the reader know that Mark's girlfriend, Natasha, feels threatened by Bridget?
10. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)