|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget's first on-camera assignment for Good Afternoon! takes place where?
(a) At a park.
(b) At a firehouse.
(c) In New York.
(d) With Colin Firth.
2. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
(a) Tarts and Vicars.
(c) Daniel Cleaver.
(d) Bridget's mum.
3. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her neighbors.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
4. How many boyfriends does Bridget count in the last year?
(d) She doesn't count any of them.
5. Why does Bridget think Daniel cheated on her?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) Because she is too needy.
(c) She doesn't think he cheated on her.
(d) Because she is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Bridget's attempt to talk to Mark after her mother's comments?
2. The January - December chapter is:
3. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
4. What does Daniel's interpretation of Bridget's dream show the reader about his character?
5. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
2. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
3. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
4. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
5. Identify the climax of the book.
6. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
7. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
8. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
9. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
10. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)