|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He does not want to talk to her.
(d) He is working too hard.
2. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her neighbors.
3. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
(a) She looks beautiful.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He needs space.
(d) He wants to date her.
4. Bridget fears that Mark was turned off by her _______________ .
(a) Job performance.
(b) Mum's behavior.
(c) Squishy stomach.
(d) Past relationship with Daniel.
5. Who does Bridget's mum want her to see at the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
2. Who asks Bridget to dance on Mark's lawn?
3. What is the name of the television show that Bridget begins working on?
4. Daniel begs Bridget to go out for a drink and talk with him. What does he tell her while they are out?
5. Gav turns out to be a fun date until he calls Bridget ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
2. At the Darcys' ruby anniversary party, Bridget tries to talk to Mark, but he is busy trying to arrange dinner seating. Does Mark intentionally seat Bridget between the gay vicar and Geoffrey Alconbury instead of by his "dishy friends" as Bridget hopes?
3. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
4. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
5. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
6. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
7. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
8. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
9. Does young Gav mean to be insulting when he calls Bridget's stomach "squishy" during their date in September?
10. Is Perpetua Bridget's friend?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)