|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget resolves to become a more physically healthy person. Which of the following does she decide to stop doing?
(a) Eating ice cream.
(c) Eating pasta.
2. What signals the reader that there is something wrong with Bridget's parents?
(a) They do not answer the phone like Bridget expects.
(b) They yell at each other constantly.
(c) They do not call each other by pet names.
(d) There are no signals.
3. Bridget often journals about her workplace, but never about her actual job. Why might this be?
(a) She does not work.
(b) She is not allowed to talk about her job.
(c) She does not like her job enough to write about it.
(d) Her job was too boring for the author to discuss.
4. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) It tells the reader that Bridget is a shallow person.
(b) It tells the reader that Bridget is a mess.
(c) It tells the reader that Bridget needs therapy.
(d) It tells the reader that Bridget is a reflective person.
5. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) The kind of person she wants to become in the next year.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her family and friends.
(d) The kind of person she does not want to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
2. What does Bridget discover when her mum interviews her for Suddenly Single?
3. April opens with Bridget wishing she had ____________.
4. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
5. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
2. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
3. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
4. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
6. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
7. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
8. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
9. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
10. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)