|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following health improvements does Bridget vow to make in the next year?
(a) Eat more vegetables.
(b) Eat more fiber.
(c) Stay out of the sun.
(d) Cut back on cigarettes.
2. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
(a) She smokes a cigarette.
(b) She goes to get a drink.
(c) She goes shopping.
(d) She goes out with mum to celebrate.
3. What does Magda discover about her husband?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is leaving her.
(d) He is the best husband in the world.
4. What is Bridget's goal when she attends the book-release party?
(a) Meeting a man.
(b) Making business contacts.
(c) Running into Mark.
(d) Seeing Perpetua.
5. Who should Bridget's mum blame for the ruined interview?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
2. What does Bridget discover about her mum at the end of their lunch date?
3. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
4. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
5. Who is Mark Darcy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
2. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
3. August is a month of multiple crises for Bridget. What positive things happen to Bridget that might help her achieve some of the things on her list of New Year's resolutions?
4. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
5. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
6. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
7. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
8. What is the purpose of Simon Dalrymple's character at the Darcys' ruby anniversary party?
9. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
10. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)