|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is too hungry to talk.
(d) Bridget ignores him.
2. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
(a) In Bridget's bedroom.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In Bridget's bathroom.
(d) In his apartment.
3. Who should Bridget's mum blame for the ruined interview?
4. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
(a) Being healthy.
(b) Being single.
(c) Being mature.
(d) Being thin.
5. What format is "Bridget Jones's Diary" written in?
(a) Diary/Journal format.
(b) Standard fiction format.
(c) Persuasive essay.
(d) Expository essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
2. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
3. Daniel tends to put Bridget down a lot. Why does he do it?
4. What is ironic about Bridget's mum doing a show about being single?
5. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
4. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
5. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
6. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
7. What is a "Smug Married"?
8. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
9. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
10. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)