|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
(a) Daniel will not take their relationship very seriously.
(b) Bridget will not take their relationship very seriously.
(c) Daniel will want a commitment from Bridget.
(d) Bridget will get bored with Daniel.
2. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
(a) Because he is her boss.
(b) Because he is a chauvinist.
(c) She doesn't think her crush is pathetic.
(d) Because Miss Moneypenny likes him.
3. What is the author trying to say about body image and self-esteem?
(a) That thin does not mean happiness.
(b) Every woman looks better thinner.
(c) Most people think thin looks healthy.
(d) Skinny women like themselves better.
4. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
(a) Buy culinary devices so she may eat at home more.
(b) Purge her flat of extra stuff and have a garage sale.
(c) Start to save money in a savings account.
(d) Stay at her current job and begin a pension plan.
5. Bridget often journals about her workplace, but never about her actual job. Why might this be?
(a) She does not like her job enough to write about it.
(b) Her job was too boring for the author to discuss.
(c) She does not work.
(d) She is not allowed to talk about her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget's Valentine's Day card from Daniel is ________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT a theme in Bridget's lists?
3. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
4. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
5. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
2. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
3. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
4. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
5. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
6. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
7. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
8. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
9. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
10. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)