|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget discover about her mum at the end of their lunch date?
(a) She has lost weight.
(b) She is seeing another man.
(c) She is a stronger person than Bridget thought.
(d) She has a job.
2. Magda's complaints about her relationship with Jeremy are very similar to ___________ complaints about _______________.
(a) Jude's; Richard.
(b) Bridget's; Daniel.
(c) Mark's; his ex-wife.
(d) Mum's; dad.
3. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
(c) Very good.
(d) Violent guy.
4. What does Bridget discover when her mum interviews her for Suddenly Single?
(a) TV makes her look fat.
(b) Her mother has lied about Bridget's life.
(c) Daniel wants to have children.
(d) Her mother is an excellent interviewer.
5. In the beginning of January, Bridget is woken up by a phone call from her mum. What does Bridget's mum really want when she calls?
(a) To warn Bridget not to come to the Buffet.
(b) To make sure Bridget is ok.
(c) To see if Bridget is still single.
(d) To make sure she will be at the New Year's Turkey Curry Buffet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
2. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
3. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
4. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
5. What signals the reader that there is something wrong with Bridget's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
2. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
3. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
4. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
5. What is a "Smug Married"?
6. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
7. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
8. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
9. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
10. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)