|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
(a) That relationships are difficult.
(b) Relationships are easy.
(c) Good friends are hard to find.
2. In this chapter, Bridget lists out her resolutions for the new year. Most of her resolutions fall into four major categories. Which of the following is NOT a category on her list?
(c) Weight Loss.
3. Daniel has slept with so many women that he cannot even remember them. What does this tell the reader about him?
(a) Bridget is a very understanding girlfriend.
(b) He does not value the women he dates.
(c) Daniel has changed.
(d) Daniel drinks too much.
4. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
(a) She doesn't think her crush is pathetic.
(b) Because he is her boss.
(c) Because he is a chauvinist.
(d) Because Miss Moneypenny likes him.
5. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
(a) A new car and an ice cream machine.
(b) A photograph album.
(c) A new video player.
(d) A pasta maker and exotic underwear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of man is NOT on Bridget's list of guys to stay away from?
2. Which of the following health improvements does Bridget vow to make in the next year?
3. How does her parents' broken marriage change the relationship Bridget has with them?
4. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
5. What does Bridget's mum want when she calls her at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
2. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
3. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
4. What are Bridget's friends like?
5. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
6. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
7. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
8. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
9. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
10. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)