|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
(a) To be more confident.
(b) To save more money.
(c) To spend less money.
(d) To lose inches off of her thighs.
2. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) The kind of person she wants to become in the next year.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her family and friends.
(d) The kind of person she does not want to be.
3. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
(a) A pasta maker and exotic underwear.
(b) A new video player.
(c) A photograph album.
(d) A new car and an ice cream machine.
4. Who should Bridget's mum blame for the ruined interview?
5. What changes does Bridget notice in her mum at the beginning of March?
(a) She has taken up yoga.
(b) Her appearance has improved.
(c) She enjoys reading and writing.
(d) Her skin is looking older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget decides that the secret to her mum's new happiness is ______________.
2. Which of the following items is NOT listed at the beginning of each dated journal entry?
3. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
4. What does Bridget believe is the difference between being single in her 20s and being single in her 30s?
5. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
2. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
3. What are Bridget's friends like?
4. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
5. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
6. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
7. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
8. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
9. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
10. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)