|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
(a) A wistful mood.
(b) A serious mood.
(c) A humorous mood.
(d) A depressing mood.
2. What does Bridget tell herself when she becomes disappointed in her relationship with Daniel?
(a) Adult relationships are complicated.
(b) Daniel works hard.
(c) She is being picky.
(d) They are doing as well as anyone else.
3. Bridget's Valentine's Day card from Daniel is ________________.
(a) He does not give her a card.
(b) Not personal.
(c) Funny and unromantic.
(d) Romantic and passionate.
4. What does Bridget's birthday show the reader about her friends?
(a) They don't like her cooking.
(b) They know her well and do not judge her.
(c) They don't want to hang out at her flat.
(d) She doesn't have enough friends for a party.
5. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
(a) He is too hungry to talk.
(b) Bridget ignores him.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He does not like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
2. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
3. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
4. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
5. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
Short Essay Questions
1. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
4. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
5. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
6. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
7. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
8. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
9. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
10. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)