|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
(b) Very good.
(c) Violent guy.
2. How does her parents' broken marriage change the relationship Bridget has with them?
(a) They begin coming to her for help and advice.
(b) It has not changed their relationship.
(c) It has made Bridget love them even more.
(d) They begin to ignore her.
3. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
(a) That relationships are difficult.
(c) Relationships are easy.
(d) Good friends are hard to find.
4. What does Bridget realize now that she has reached her goal weight?
(a) That it makes her look ill.
(b) Men think she is pretty.
(c) She still looks fat.
(d) She is happier with herself.
5. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
(a) Bridget will get bored with Daniel.
(b) Daniel will want a commitment from Bridget.
(c) Daniel will not take their relationship very seriously.
(d) Bridget will not take their relationship very seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
2. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
3. Who does Bridget unexpectedly run into at the book-release party?
4. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
5. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
2. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
3. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
4. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
5. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
6. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
7. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
8. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
9. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
10. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)