Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the dinner party at Magda's similar to the Turkey Curry Buffet?
(a) There is turkey.
(b) Magda and Jeremy have invited Bridget's parents.
(c) Bridget's single status is once again the main topic of conversation.
(d) Mark Darcy is at both parties.
2. Perpetua and Mark's friend, Natasha, try to make Bridget look silly in front of Mark. How does their mockery of Bridget advance the relationship between Bridget and Mark?
(a) It causes Bridget to hate Mark.
(b) It makes Bridget cry.
(c) It gives Mark a reason to stick up for Bridget.
(d) It doesn't affect Bridget.
3. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
(b) Her mum.
(c) Her friends.
4. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
(a) Not a very good girlfriend.
(b) Just as confusing with her dating signals as he is.
(c) Expecting too much from him.
(d) Cruel for canceling on their weekend getaway.
5. Which of the following items is NOT listed at the beginning of each dated journal entry?
(a) Her weight in pounds.
(b) Units of alcohol she has consumed.
(c) The number of days Bridget went to the gym.
(d) Calories she has eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
2. In the beginning of January, Bridget is woken up by a phone call from her mum. What does Bridget's mum really want when she calls?
3. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
4. Bridget's ruined vacation with Daniel is symbolic of what?
5. What does Bridget decide about diets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Skim the December chapter. Provide evidence that Bridget's character has grown over the past year.
2. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
3. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
4. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
5. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
6. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
7. Bridget has obsessed all year about food, weight, and men. Why is it ironic that she decides to impress Mark by hosting an extravagant dinner in November?
8. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
9. What trait allows Bridget to finally have power over the men in her life?
10. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)