|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget's ruined vacation with Daniel is symbolic of what?
(a) The beginning of their future together.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) The end of her fantasy about their relationship.
(d) The tourist industry in England.
2. Which of the following is NOT a theme in Bridget's lists?
(b) Weight loss.
3. Who is Mark Darcy?
(a) A writer.
(b) Bridget's boss.
(c) The neighbors' son.
(d) A friend from the United States.
4. Which type of man is NOT on Bridget's list of guys to stay away from?
(a) Divorced men.
(c) Commitment phobics.
5. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her career.
(b) Her boyfriends.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
2. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
3. What does Bridget discover when her mum interviews her for Suddenly Single?
4. Now that Bridget and Daniel are "dating" their relationship becomes a little _______________.
5. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
4. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
5. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
6. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
7. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
8. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
9. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
10. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)