Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are driving to their hotel, Daniel and Bridget begin to discuss current events. Why does Daniel begin to treat Bridget like she is dumb?
(a) He does not like her opinion on the subject.
(b) She is lying about the event.
(c) He does not want to admit that he cannot answer her questions.
(d) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
2. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
(a) Just as confusing with her dating signals as he is.
(b) Cruel for canceling on their weekend getaway.
(c) Not a very good girlfriend.
(d) Expecting too much from him.
3. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
(a) A party.
(b) A bar.
(c) At her flat.
(d) The mall.
4. Which of the following is NOT given as a reason why Bridget should be interested in Mark?
(a) He is single.
(b) He is successful.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is a very nice person.
5. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
(a) It keeps their conversations polite.
(b) It allows them to send work to each other.
(c) It allows them to say things they would never say in person.
(d) They do not have email.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bridget unexpectedly run into at the book-release party?
2. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
3. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
4. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
5. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personality of Bridget's new boss, Richard Finch.
2. What are Bridget's friends like?
3. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
4. How does the Darcys' ruby anniversary party change Bridget and Mark's relationship?
5. Which of the following is the reason for Bridget's successful year: Self-improvement or self-acceptance?
6. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
7. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
8. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
9. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
10. Describe Mark Darcy's treatment of Bridget at the Tarts and Vicars party in July.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)