|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bridget unexpectedly run into at the book-release party?
(a) Mitch from accounting.
(b) Mark Darcy.
(c) Hugh Grant.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is Bridget doing at the end of April?
(a) Dating her married neighbor.
(b) Feeling confident.
(c) Smoking, drinking, and with Daniel again.
(d) Thin, happy, and on the right track.
3. Which of the following is NOT given as a reason why Bridget should be interested in Mark?
(a) He is a very nice person.
(b) He is successful.
(c) He is single.
(d) He is rich.
4. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
(a) Just as confusing with her dating signals as he is.
(b) Cruel for canceling on their weekend getaway.
(c) Expecting too much from him.
(d) Not a very good girlfriend.
5. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
(a) Wear thin.
(b) Get stronger.
(c) Look like a more serious commitment.
(d) Make others jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
2. What does Bridget realize now that she has reached her goal weight?
3. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
4. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
5. What does Bridget think when her mum snaps at her dad over lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
2. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
3. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
4. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
5. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
6. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
7. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
8. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
9. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
10. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)