|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following health improvements does Bridget vow to make in the next year?
(a) Stay out of the sun.
(b) Eat more fiber.
(c) Eat more vegetables.
(d) Cut back on cigarettes.
2. Which of the following resolutions tells you how Bridget feels about her weight?
(a) Work out every morning.
(b) Purchase diet food.
(c) Buy a more accurate scale.
(d) Go to the gym three times a week, and not merely to buy sandwiches.
3. Who should Bridget's mum blame for the ruined interview?
4. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
(a) It allows them to send work to each other.
(b) It allows them to say things they would never say in person.
(c) It keeps their conversations polite.
(d) They do not have email.
5. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Bridget's co-worker.
(b) Bridget's assistant.
(c) Bridget's boss.
(d) Perpetua's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
2. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
3. What does Magda discover about her husband?
4. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
5. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
2. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
3. What are Bridget's friends like?
4. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
5. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
6. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
7. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
8. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
9. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
10. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)