|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget decides that the secret to her mum's new happiness is ______________.
(b) The other man.
(c) Personal power.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
(a) That someone else is wearing her dress.
(b) That Perpetua watches too much trash TV.
(c) That Perpetua has her television program information wrong.
(d) That the classics are better when you read them and not watch them.
3. Bridget resolves to become a more physically healthy person. Which of the following does she decide to stop doing?
(b) Eating ice cream.
(c) Eating pasta.
4. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
5. Who are Magda and Jeremy?
(a) The names of her imaginary babies with Daniel.
(b) Two of Bridget's co-workers.
(c) Two of Bridget's married friends.
(d) Two of Bridget's single friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
2. What new habit does Bridget start in April?
3. What is the assumption made about single people who are Bridget's age?
4. What does Bridget decide about diets?
5. What is ironic about Bridget's mum doing a show about being single?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
2. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
3. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
4. How are the items on Bridget's "I Will" list similar to the items on her "I Will Not" list?
5. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
6. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
7. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
8. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
9. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
10. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)