|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
(a) All answers are correct.
2. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Bridget's co-worker.
(b) Perpetua's boyfriend.
(c) Bridget's boss.
(d) Bridget's assistant.
3. What does Magda discover about her husband?
(a) He is leaving her.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is the best husband in the world.
(d) He is gay.
4. What does Bridget believe is the difference between being single in her 20s and being single in her 30s?
(a) She is more attractive in her 30s.
(b) She doesn't care that she is single in her 30s.
(c) She was more attractive in her 20s.
(d) She didn't care if she was single in her 20s.
5. Which of the following is NOT a theme in Bridget's lists?
(b) Weight loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
2. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
3. Which activity is NOT a part of Daniel's Sunday ritual?
4. Daniel has slept with so many women that he cannot even remember them. What does this tell the reader about him?
5. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bridget's preparation for her August job interview uncharacteristic of the Bridget presented so far in the book?
2. How is the subplot involving Bridget's mum and Julio resolved in December?
3. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
4. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
5. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
6. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
7. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
8. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
9. Mark does not tell Bridget the reason for his dislike of Daniel until the night of his parents' ruby anniversary party. What does Mark's decision to wait until after Daniel and Bridget break up say about Mark's level of respect for Bridget?
10. What things happen in September that draw attention to Bridget's age?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)