|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following health improvements does Bridget vow to make in the next year?
(a) Eat more fiber.
(b) Stay out of the sun.
(c) Eat more vegetables.
(d) Cut back on cigarettes.
2. What industry does Bridget work in?
3. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Bridget's assistant.
(b) Bridget's boss.
(c) Perpetua's boyfriend.
(d) Bridget's co-worker.
4. What does Bridget's birthday show the reader about her friends?
(a) They know her well and do not judge her.
(b) They don't like her cooking.
(c) They don't want to hang out at her flat.
(d) She doesn't have enough friends for a party.
5. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
(a) Her friends.
(d) Her mum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
2. Who does Bridget unexpectedly run into at the book-release party?
3. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
4. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
5. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
2. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
3. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
4. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
5. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
6. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
7. Explain why Bridget is anxious to leave Harry's birthday party in March.
8. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
9. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
10. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)