|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
(a) At her flat.
(b) The mall.
(c) A party.
(d) A bar.
2. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
(c) Her mum.
(d) Her friends.
3. What does Bridget decide about diets?
(a) There is no point in going on a diet.
(b) She must pick one and stick to it.
(c) She needs to cut out carbs to be successful.
(d) Dieting is only successful if you mix different types.
4. Bridget's mum calls wanting to take her to get a make-over, but Bridget does not want to go. How does her mother manipulate her into considering the outing?
(a) She begs.
(b) She begins to criticize Bridget's looks.
(c) She says Bridget is a bad daughter.
(d) She tells Bridget she misses her.
5. What does Bridget's mum's phone call tell the reader about Bridget and her mum's relationship?
(a) Bidget's mum approves of Bridget and her lifestyle.
(b) Bridget and her mum love each other.
(c) They are like sisters.
(d) Bridget's mum is critical of Bridget and disapproves of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
2. Daniel tends to put Bridget down a lot. Why does he do it?
3. What does Bridget's mum want when she calls her at work?
4. What does Bridget's "I Will" list tell the reader about her character?
5. What industry does Bridget work in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
2. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
3. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
4. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
5. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
6. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
7. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
8. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
9. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
10. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)