|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
(a) Going to the gym.
(b) Eating more fiber.
(c) Getting involved with an emotionally unavailable man.
(d) Starting a savings account.
2. What is the purpose of Sharon's (Shazzer's) character?
(a) To give realistic advice about men.
(b) To find a partner for Tom.
(c) To encourage Bridget to not give up on love.
(d) To help Bridget get a date with Daniel.
3. What is the author trying to say about body image and self-esteem?
(a) Skinny women like themselves better.
(b) That thin does not mean happiness.
(c) Most people think thin looks healthy.
(d) Every woman looks better thinner.
4. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
(a) A new car and an ice cream machine.
(b) A photograph album.
(c) A new video player.
(d) A pasta maker and exotic underwear.
5. Which activity is NOT a part of Daniel's Sunday ritual?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Sitting with the curtains shut.
(c) Going to the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
2. Bridget's ruined vacation with Daniel is symbolic of what?
3. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
4. Which of the following resolutions tells you how Bridget feels about her weight?
5. How is the dinner party at Magda's similar to the Turkey Curry Buffet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
2. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
3. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
4. What is a "Smug Married"?
5. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
6. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
7. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
8. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
9. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
10. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)