|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of January, Bridget is woken up by a phone call from her mum. What does Bridget's mum really want when she calls?
(a) To see if Bridget is still single.
(b) To make sure Bridget is ok.
(c) To warn Bridget not to come to the Buffet.
(d) To make sure she will be at the New Year's Turkey Curry Buffet.
2. What does Bridget tell herself when she becomes disappointed in her relationship with Daniel?
(a) Daniel works hard.
(b) She is being picky.
(c) Adult relationships are complicated.
(d) They are doing as well as anyone else.
3. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
(a) In Bridget's bedroom.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) In Bridget's bathroom.
(d) In the living room.
4. Which of the following items is NOT listed at the beginning of each dated journal entry?
(a) Units of alcohol she has consumed.
(b) The number of days Bridget went to the gym.
(c) Her weight in pounds.
(d) Calories she has eaten.
5. April opens with Bridget wishing she had ____________.
(a) A copy of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.
(b) A Zen life.
(c) Inner poise.
(d) A million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
2. What reason does Bridget's mum give for being mean to her husband?
3. What is the assumption made about single people who are Bridget's age?
4. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
5. Bridget's Valentine's Day card from Daniel is ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. After everything that Bridget's mum has put her through, why does Bridget turn to her for support after she dumps Daniel in August?
2. In November, Bridget gets an unusual phone call from her mum. What is suspicious about Bridget's mum's behavior when she calls?
3. How is Daniel's lover, Suki, different than Bridget?
4. How is the romantic subplot between Bridget and Mark resolved in December?
5. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
6. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
7. In March, how does Daniel's behavior toward Bridget foreshadow their future together?
8. What is a "Smug Married"?
9. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
10. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)