|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Bridget work in?
2. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
(a) Getting involved with an emotionally unavailable man.
(b) Eating more fiber.
(c) Starting a savings account.
(d) Going to the gym.
3. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
(a) She doesn't think her crush is pathetic.
(b) Because Miss Moneypenny likes him.
(c) Because he is a chauvinist.
(d) Because he is her boss.
4. Daniel has slept with so many women that he cannot even remember them. What does this tell the reader about him?
(a) He does not value the women he dates.
(b) Bridget is a very understanding girlfriend.
(c) Daniel has changed.
(d) Daniel drinks too much.
5. April opens with Bridget wishing she had ____________.
(a) A Zen life.
(b) A copy of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) Inner poise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
2. Bridget's mum calls wanting to take her to get a make-over, but Bridget does not want to go. How does her mother manipulate her into considering the outing?
3. Who is Mark Darcy?
4. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
5. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Bridget finds attractive about her boss, Daniel Cleaver.
2. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
3. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
4. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
5. What is a "Smug Married"?
6. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
7. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
8. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
9. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
10. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)