|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget often uses abbreviations when writing in her journal. What does the abbreviation v.g. mean?
(b) Very good.
(c) Violent guy.
2. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her career.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her boyfriends.
3. Who does Bridget's mum want her to meet at the Buffet?
(a) Una and Gladys.
(b) Her sister-in-law.
(c) A girlfriend to hang out with.
(d) Mark Darcy.
4. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
(a) Start to save money in a savings account.
(b) Buy culinary devices so she may eat at home more.
(c) Purge her flat of extra stuff and have a garage sale.
(d) Stay at her current job and begin a pension plan.
5. Bridget often journals about her workplace, but never about her actual job. Why might this be?
(a) She does not like her job enough to write about it.
(b) Her job was too boring for the author to discuss.
(c) She is not allowed to talk about her job.
(d) She does not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which activity is NOT a part of Daniel's Sunday ritual?
2. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
3. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
4. Jude's suggestion that Bridget try to "go with the flow" is an example of what?
5. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions is broken by the end of the January chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
2. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
3. According to Bridget, what is "inner poise" and how can she achieve it?
4. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
5. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
6. Bridget's friends show up for her birthday dinner party armed with champagne and reservations for a restaurant. What do their gifts say about their friendship?
7. What is a "Smug Married"?
8. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
9. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
10. In February, Bridget learns that her parents are having marital problems. How does she feel about this?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)