|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
(a) Bridget's mum is funny.
(b) Bridget's mum does not think about how her words might hurt others.
(c) Bridget's mum is a sensitive person.
(d) Bridget's mum feels the need to take care of her children.
2. What format is "Bridget Jones's Diary" written in?
(a) Expository essay.
(b) Persuasive essay.
(c) Diary/Journal format.
(d) Standard fiction format.
3. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
4. What does Bridget believe is the difference between being single in her 20s and being single in her 30s?
(a) She didn't care if she was single in her 20s.
(b) She is more attractive in her 30s.
(c) She doesn't care that she is single in her 30s.
(d) She was more attractive in her 20s.
5. What does Bridget discover when her mum interviews her for Suddenly Single?
(a) Her mother has lied about Bridget's life.
(b) TV makes her look fat.
(c) Her mother is an excellent interviewer.
(d) Daniel wants to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Bridget Jones's Diary" is told from which point of view?
2. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
3. What is Bridget doing at the end of April?
4. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
5. What is Bridget's goal when she attends the book-release party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
2. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
3. Does Bridget need to change to be with Mark?
4. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. What is significant about Bridget's reaction to Daniel at the end of December?
6. Why does Magda encourage Bridget to enjoy being single when they see each other in May?
7. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
8. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
9. September begins with Bridget's mum calling to talk about the Darcys' ruby anniversary party. Why is Bridget's mum so obsessed with the idea of Bridget dating Mark Darcy?
10. If Daniel had never cheated on Bridget, would they have made a successful couple?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)