|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June, Bridget writes that she finds her relationship with Daniel to be somewhat _______________.
2. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
(a) Get stronger.
(b) Wear thin.
(c) Look like a more serious commitment.
(d) Make others jealous.
3. What does Bridget think when her mum snaps at her dad over lunch?
(a) That her parents are in love.
(b) That her father must have done something very wrong.
(c) She doesn't think much about it.
(d) That her mum's behavior is "odd."
4. What is Bridget's goal when she attends the book-release party?
(a) Meeting a man.
(b) Seeing Perpetua.
(c) Running into Mark.
(d) Making business contacts.
5. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
(a) Bridget will not take their relationship very seriously.
(b) Bridget will get bored with Daniel.
(c) Daniel will not take their relationship very seriously.
(d) Daniel will want a commitment from Bridget.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel has slept with so many women that he cannot even remember them. What does this tell the reader about him?
2. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
3. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
4. What is a "barrister"?
5. What does Bridget decide about diets?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
2. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
3. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
4. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
5. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
6. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
7. Describe the changes in Bridget's relationship with Daniel that take place in May.
8. Identify the tone of the book as set by Bridget's New Year's resolution lists.
9. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
10. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)