|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
(a) Being thin.
(b) Being mature.
(c) Being healthy.
(d) Being single.
2. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
3. As they are driving to their hotel, Daniel and Bridget begin to discuss current events. Why does Daniel begin to treat Bridget like she is dumb?
(a) She is lying about the event.
(b) He does not want to admit that he cannot answer her questions.
(c) He does not like her opinion on the subject.
(d) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
4. What does Bridget tell herself when she becomes disappointed in her relationship with Daniel?
(a) She is being picky.
(b) Daniel works hard.
(c) They are doing as well as anyone else.
(d) Adult relationships are complicated.
5. Where does Bridget meet her friends after work the day she and Daniel begin flirting by email?
(a) The mall.
(b) At her flat.
(c) A bar.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Bridget Jones's Diary" is told from which point of view?
2. Daniel has slept with so many women that he cannot even remember them. What does this tell the reader about him?
3. Bridget decides that the secret to her mum's new happiness is ______________.
4. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
5. Where does Daniel claim he knows Mark from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
2. Does email help or hurt Bridget and Daniel's office flirtations in January?
3. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
4. In May, Bridget reflects that relationships are complicated. What lessons should she learn from the problems in her friends' relationships?
5. What do Bridget and her mum have an unspoken competition over in March?
6. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
7. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
8. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
9. Does the reality of Bridget's relationship with Daniel match her expectations of that relationship?
10. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)