|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
(a) That Perpetua watches too much trash TV.
(b) That Perpetua has her television program information wrong.
(c) That the classics are better when you read them and not watch them.
(d) That someone else is wearing her dress.
2. What is Bridget doing at the end of April?
(a) Thin, happy, and on the right track.
(b) Feeling confident.
(c) Smoking, drinking, and with Daniel again.
(d) Dating her married neighbor.
3. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her career.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her boyfriends.
(d) Her money.
4. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
(a) To lose inches off of her thighs.
(b) To be more confident.
(c) To save more money.
(d) To spend less money.
5. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
(a) She goes out with mum to celebrate.
(b) She smokes a cigarette.
(c) She goes shopping.
(d) She goes to get a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which activity is NOT a part of Daniel's Sunday ritual?
2. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
3. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
4. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
5. In the beginning of May, Bridget is worried about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "Smug Married"?
2. Why might the author create conflict in Magda and Jeremy's marriage?
3. How does Bridget feel when she is questioned about her relationship status at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
4. What is the conversation like between Bridget and Mark Darcy at the Turkey Curry Buffet?
5. Thanks to Rebecca, what new thing does Bridget begin to obsess over in June?
6. Describe what is happening between Bridget's parents in February.
7. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
8. As Bridget's mum is interviewing Bridget for "Suddenly Single" Daniel walks out of Bridget's bedroom, surprising them all. Daniel's words and behaviors are friendly. However, how might Daniel's behavior be seen as disrespectful toward Bridget and her mum?
9. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
10. What problems do Bridget's New Year's resolutions address?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)