|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is too hungry to talk.
(c) Bridget ignores him.
(d) He does not like her.
2. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
(a) Cruel for canceling on their weekend getaway.
(b) Just as confusing with her dating signals as he is.
(c) Not a very good girlfriend.
(d) Expecting too much from him.
3. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
(a) They will create conflicts with Bridget.
(b) They will not play an important part in the story.
(c) They will try to help Bridget with her list.
(d) They do not like Bridget.
4. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Perpetua's boyfriend.
(b) Bridget's co-worker.
(c) Bridget's boss.
(d) Bridget's assistant.
5. Bridget's "I Will Not" list is pretty clear about the types of men she wants to stay away from. What does her list suggest about her past dating experiences?
(a) Most of her dates wanted to have a committed relationship.
(b) She has met some nice men, but none that she wants to marry.
(c) Many of her past dates have been disasters.
(d) She has never been lied to by a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget believe is the difference between being single in her 20s and being single in her 30s?
2. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
3. In the beginning of January, Bridget is woken up by a phone call from her mum. What does Bridget's mum really want when she calls?
4. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
5. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bridget become upset during dinner with the "Smug Marrieds" in February?
2. Identify the warning signs that Daniel does not want to take a mini-holiday with Bridget in June.
3. What reason might Bridget have for not looking for a new job in April?
4. Why is it ironic that Bridget's mum is enthusiastically hosting a television show titled "Suddenly Single"?
5. Describe how Bridget's "I Will" list may help her improve her life.
6. Review both of Bridget's New Year's resolution lists. What themes emerge from them?
7. Explain how Bridget's mum convinces her to attend the New Year's Curry Turkey Buffet in January.
8. In June, the reader becomes more familiar with Daniel. Describe his character.
9. What can the reader infer about Bridget's relationships with men by looking at her New Year's resolutions?
10. What are Bridget's friends like?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)