|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
(a) To help Mark's mother.
(b) To aid the police.
(c) To Bridget's father.
(d) To travel to Portugal.
2. Bridget's suggestion at her first work meeting is _______________.
(a) A hard-hitting news story.
(b) A failure.
(c) A political story.
(d) A success.
3. Mark and Bridget have a bonding moment over milk and _________.
(b) Terra cotta.
4. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
(a) She doesn't justify them.
(b) She is supporting worthwhile causes.
(c) She keeps winning.
(d) She has an addiction.
5. What does Bridget's mum do for her that makes things better?
(a) Pays her rent.
(b) Finds her a nice man to date.
(c) Gets her a job interview.
(d) Goes back to her father.
6. Who does Bridget's mum want her to see at the Darcy's Ruby Anniversary party?
(b) Her father.
7. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
(a) Mark Darcy.
(c) Bridget's mum.
(d) Bridget's boss.
8. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
(a) The best advice she has ever heard.
9. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
(a) To have dinner with him.
(b) To apologize to Natasha.
(c) To leave the party.
(d) To marry him.
10. Why does Bridget think Daniel cheated on her?
(a) Because she is too needy.
(b) Because he was bored.
(c) She doesn't think he cheated on her.
(d) Because she is fat.
11. On the way home from the party, Bridget makes a surprise visit at Daniel's, but he tries to avoid letting her into his flat. What does Bridget think is happening?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is working too hard.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) He does not want to talk to her.
12. Who comes to Bridget's rescue by arranging for clothing to cover her bunny costume?
(a) Una Alconbury.
(b) Mark Darcy.
(c) Bridget's dad.
(d) Bridget's mum.
13. Why is Bridget upset when Daniel backs out of going to the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She will have to drive herself to the party.
(b) She will have to find a different outfit.
(c) She will now have to put up with boyfriend questions.
(d) She will have to face her parents alone.
14. Bridget does not hear from Mark and worries that he has ____________.
(a) Dumped her.
(b) Been put in jail.
(c) Run off.
15. How long has she been with Mark when she writes her tally list in the January - December chapter?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget is also excited because this will be a good opportunity for Daniel to meet ____________.
2. What is a "tart"?
3. Bridget lists her yearly calorie count as ____________.
4. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
5. Bridget's humiliation during her firehouse interview brings her closer to whom?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)