|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
(a) Perpetua needs the money.
(b) Bridget broke a lamp in the room.
(c) She knows Bridget cannot afford the payment.
(d) She thinks Bridget had a man staying with her.
2. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To have dinner with him.
(c) To leave the party.
(d) To apologize to Natasha.
3. How many resolutions does Bridget keep?
(c) All of them.
4. What has Julio done that causes Bridget's mum to run off with him?
(a) Killed a man.
(b) Defrauded their friends and family.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Created a Ponzi scheme.
5. Daniel begs Bridget to go out for a drink and talk with him. What does he tell her while they are out?
(a) He wants her back.
(b) He is dating more than one other woman.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He wants to marry her.
6. Which items does Bridget NOT serve at dinner?
(b) Blue soup.
7. Who picks up Bridget's mother when she returns from Portugal?
(a) The police.
(b) No one.
(d) Bridget and her father.
8. Which word best describes Bridget's attempt to talk to Mark after her mother's comments?
(d) She does not make an attempt.
9. Gav turns out to be a fun date until he calls Bridget ________________.
10. How many pounds does she win playing the lottery over the course of the year?
11. During Bridget's job interview at Good Afternoon!, she says something very funny. What happens as a result?
(a) She gets the job.
(b) Her boss buys her a drink.
(c) She does not get the job.
(d) Her new co-workers like her.
12. Mark and Bridget have a bonding moment over milk and _________.
(d) Terra cotta.
13. How does Jude influence Bridget in the beginning of November?
(a) By giving her self-help ideas.
(b) Helping her get angry at men.
(c) Taking her to dinner.
(d) By giving her a shoulder to cry on.
14. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
(a) She has an addiction.
(b) She keeps winning.
(c) She doesn't justify them.
(d) She is supporting worthwhile causes.
15. Mark and Bridget leave the dinner party at Bridget's flat in order to go where?
(a) To Bridget's father.
(b) To help Mark's mother.
(c) To travel to Portugal.
(d) To aid the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark Darcy makes it clear that he does not like ________________.
2. Mark Darcy's home can only be described as a _____________.
3. Why is Bridget excited when Daniel agrees to go to the Tarts and Vicars party?
4. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
5. What is the name of the 23-year-old that Bridget takes to dinner with the Smug Marrieds?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)