|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget's firehouse interview is a complete _________________.
2. How does the book end?
(a) It is to be continued.
(b) It ends with a cliffhanger.
(c) It has a happy ending.
(d) It has a sad ending.
3. How does Bridget justify her lottery ticket spending?
(a) She doesn't justify them.
(b) She keeps winning.
(c) She is supporting worthwhile causes.
(d) She has an addiction.
4. What does Mark ask Bridget when they are alone at the Ruby Anniversary party?
(a) To leave the party.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To apologize to Natasha.
(d) To have dinner with him.
5. Bridget's new career changes her. She begins to think more about work and obsesses less about ________________.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her mother.
6. Why is Bridget upset when Daniel backs out of going to the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She will have to find a different outfit.
(b) She will now have to put up with boyfriend questions.
(c) She will have to face her parents alone.
(d) She will have to drive herself to the party.
7. What does Daniel's fling suggest about Bridget as she walks out of the flat?
(a) That she is fat.
(b) That Daniel is cheating on her with Bridget.
(c) She doesn't know who Bridget is.
(d) That she is dumb.
8. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
(a) He is too good for her.
(b) He is dating Natasha again.
(c) He is a jerk.
(d) He is too smart for her.
9. Mark ends up traveling to ___________ to find Bridget's mum.
10. What has Julio done that causes Bridget's mum to run off with him?
(a) Created a Ponzi scheme.
(b) Killed a man.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Defrauded their friends and family.
11. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
(a) Christmas memories.
(c) Diamond patterned sweaters.
(d) TV reporting.
12. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) Daniel shows up with another woman.
(b) She is the only one dressed as a Tart.
(c) She is the only one dressed as a Vicar.
(d) She is the only single person.
13. What does Natasha do when she finds Mark and Bridget talking alone?
(a) She insults Bridget.
(b) Throws a fit.
(c) Breaks up with Mark.
(d) Joins in their conversation.
14. Out of desperation, Bridget decides to call her mum for advice. She calls the advice her mum gives her ____________.
(c) The best advice she has ever heard.
15. What is the name of the television show that Bridget begins working on?
(a) A Current Affair.
(b) Good Afternoon!
(c) The Daily Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Bridget give Mark about going to dinner?
2. Mark and Bridget have a bonding moment over milk and _________.
3. Which items does Bridget NOT serve at dinner?
4. What is wrong with Bridget's father when he calls her before the party?
5. Who arrives at Bridget's parents' home on Christmas to help the police?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)