|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jude influence Bridget in the beginning of November?
(a) By giving her a shoulder to cry on.
(b) Taking her to dinner.
(c) Helping her get angry at men.
(d) By giving her self-help ideas.
2. How long has she been with Mark when she writes her tally list in the January - December chapter?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
3. How does the book end?
(a) It has a sad ending.
(b) It has a happy ending.
(c) It ends with a cliffhanger.
(d) It is to be continued.
4. Why does Perpetua charge Bridget extra money for their room in Edinburgh?
(a) She thinks Bridget had a man staying with her.
(b) She knows Bridget cannot afford the payment.
(c) Bridget broke a lamp in the room.
(d) Perpetua needs the money.
5. What answer does Bridget give Mark about going to dinner?
(a) Let's talk about it later.
6. Gav turns out to be a fun date until he calls Bridget ________________.
7. How does Daniel react to Bridget's news that she has a new job?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He fires her before she can quit.
(c) He is excited for her.
(d) He feels betrayed by her.
8. Before Christmas, Bridget learns that her parents are ______________.
(b) Filing for divorce.
(c) In a fight.
(d) Back together.
9. As December goes on, Bridget becomes depressed because she has not received _____________.
(a) A bonus at work.
(b) Christmas presents.
(d) Party invitations.
10. What does Bridget decide might make her "combust with shame" at the end of the story?
(b) Diamond patterned sweaters.
(c) TV reporting.
(d) Christmas memories.
11. Mark and Bridget leave the chaos of her parents' Christmas and decide to have a private dinner together. What does Mark tell Bridget over dinner?
(a) She looks beautiful.
(b) He needs space.
(c) He wants to date her.
(d) He loves her.
12. How much weight does she gain back?
(a) 72 pounds.
(c) 74 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
13. Bridget's first on-camera assignment for Good Afternoon! takes place where?
(a) In New York.
(b) With Colin Firth.
(c) At a firehouse.
(d) At a park.
14. As the December chapter begins, what are Bridget's thoughts about Mark?
(a) He is too smart for her.
(b) He is too good for her.
(c) He is a jerk.
(d) He is dating Natasha again.
15. Why is Bridget excited when Daniel agrees to go to the Tarts and Vicars party?
(a) She will have someone to play cards with.
(b) She wants to show him her costume.
(c) She will not have to answer questions about being single.
(d) She can't wait to see him dressed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Bridget's dinner party?
2. Why is Bridget embarrassed when she arrives at the Tarts and Vicars party?
3. How does Bridget's mum calm Julio down?
4. Which items does Bridget NOT serve at dinner?
5. How does Bridget try to make herself feel better about her breakup with Daniel?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)