|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) Her family and friends.
(b) The kind of person she does not want to be.
(c) The kind of person she wants to become in the next year.
(d) Her job.
2. What signals the reader that there is something wrong with Bridget's parents?
(a) They do not answer the phone like Bridget expects.
(b) They yell at each other constantly.
(c) There are no signals.
(d) They do not call each other by pet names.
3. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
(a) To save more money.
(b) To spend less money.
(c) To lose inches off of her thighs.
(d) To be more confident.
4. What does Bridget's mum want when she calls her at work?
(a) To meet Daniel.
(b) To discuss her father.
(c) To use Bridget for a story.
(d) To go out for lunch.
5. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
(a) A photograph album.
(b) A new car and an ice cream machine.
(c) A pasta maker and exotic underwear.
(d) A new video player.
6. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
(a) Getting involved with an emotionally unavailable man.
(b) Eating more fiber.
(c) Starting a savings account.
(d) Going to the gym.
7. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
(b) Good friends are hard to find.
(c) Relationships are easy.
(d) That relationships are difficult.
8. Bridget finally convinces Daniel to take a mini-vacation with her. How does Daniel know the only other person at the hotel?
(a) She is a friend of Bridget's.
(b) He has slept with her.
(c) She is his mother's friend.
(d) He used to work with her.
9. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
(a) She goes shopping.
(b) She goes out with mum to celebrate.
(c) She goes to get a drink.
(d) She smokes a cigarette.
10. What does Magda discover about her husband?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is leaving her.
(d) He is the best husband in the world.
11. Now that Bridget and Daniel are "dating" their relationship becomes a little _______________.
(b) More fun.
(d) More romantic.
12. What is the purpose of Sharon's (Shazzer's) character?
(a) To find a partner for Tom.
(b) To give realistic advice about men.
(c) To help Bridget get a date with Daniel.
(d) To encourage Bridget to not give up on love.
13. Which of the following is NOT given as a reason why Bridget should be interested in Mark?
(a) He is single.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is successful.
(d) He is a very nice person.
14. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions is broken by the end of the January chapter?
(a) Her decision to give away old clothes.
(b) Her vow to not have a crush on her boss.
(c) Her commitment to saving money.
(d) Her commitment to poverty.
15. What is a "Smug Married"?
(a) A divorced person.
(b) A married person who looks down on single people.
(c) A married person with children.
(d) A person who is unhappily married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bridget resolves not to become annoyed with "Mum, Una Alconbury or Perpetua." What does this resolution foreshadow about Bridget's relationships with these women?
2. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
3. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
4. What is the assumption made about single people who are Bridget's age?
5. Where is Daniel during the Suddenly Single interview?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)