|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Tom's character in the book?
(a) To open Bridget's eyes to the evils of men.
(b) To give Bridget advice from a male perspective.
(c) To show that Bridget is open to alternative lifestyles.
(d) To give Bridget a guy to fixate on.
2. Why do the older, married people at the party push Bridget and Mark together?
(a) They assume that everyone wants to be married.
(b) They want them to work together.
(c) They aren't pushing them together.
(d) They think she is pretty and he is funny.
3. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Bridget's co-worker.
(b) Perpetua's boyfriend.
(c) Bridget's boss.
(d) Bridget's assistant.
4. The top two items on both the "I Will Not" list and the "I Will" list have to do with what?
(a) Being single.
(b) Being mature.
(c) Being healthy.
(d) Being thin.
5. What does Bridget believe is the difference between being single in her 20s and being single in her 30s?
(a) She was more attractive in her 20s.
(b) She is more attractive in her 30s.
(c) She didn't care if she was single in her 20s.
(d) She doesn't care that she is single in her 30s.
6. Bridget finally convinces Daniel to take a mini-vacation with her. How does Daniel know the only other person at the hotel?
(a) He has slept with her.
(b) She is a friend of Bridget's.
(c) She is his mother's friend.
(d) He used to work with her.
7. Magda's complaints about her relationship with Jeremy are very similar to ___________ complaints about _______________.
(a) Jude's; Richard.
(b) Mark's; his ex-wife.
(c) Bridget's; Daniel.
(d) Mum's; dad.
8. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
(a) That relationships are difficult.
(b) Relationships are easy.
(d) Good friends are hard to find.
9. Bridget's "I Will Not" list is pretty clear about the types of men she wants to stay away from. What does her list suggest about her past dating experiences?
(a) Most of her dates wanted to have a committed relationship.
(b) She has never been lied to by a man.
(c) She has met some nice men, but none that she wants to marry.
(d) Many of her past dates have been disasters.
10. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
(a) Stay at her current job and begin a pension plan.
(b) Purge her flat of extra stuff and have a garage sale.
(c) Start to save money in a savings account.
(d) Buy culinary devices so she may eat at home more.
11. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
(a) Bridget's mum is a sensitive person.
(b) Bridget's mum does not think about how her words might hurt others.
(c) Bridget's mum feels the need to take care of her children.
(d) Bridget's mum is funny.
12. What reason does Bridget's mum give for being mean to her husband?
(a) She wants to spend her time taking care of herself.
(b) She thinks that he is a bad influence on Bridget.
(c) She has not been mean to her husband.
(d) She hates him.
13. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
(a) It allows them to say things they would never say in person.
(b) It allows them to send work to each other.
(c) They do not have email.
(d) It keeps their conversations polite.
14. "Bridget Jones's Diary" is told from which point of view?
(a) Third-person objective.
(b) Third-person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) The narrator's.
15. What does Bridget's mum want when she calls her at work?
(a) To meet Daniel.
(b) To discuss her father.
(c) To use Bridget for a story.
(d) To go out for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of man is NOT on Bridget's list of guys to stay away from?
2. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
3. Which of the following are found on Bridget's list of things to NOT buy in the upcoming year?
4. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
5. In the beginning of January, Bridget is woken up by a phone call from her mum. What does Bridget's mum really want when she calls?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)