|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her career.
(d) Her boyfriends.
2. Bridget becomes worried that Daniel is cheating on her. This is an example of what?
3. As June comes to an end Bridget's fascination with Daniel is beginning to __________________.
(a) Look like a more serious commitment.
(b) Get stronger.
(c) Make others jealous.
(d) Wear thin.
4. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
(a) Bridget will not take their relationship very seriously.
(b) Daniel will want a commitment from Bridget.
(c) Bridget will get bored with Daniel.
(d) Daniel will not take their relationship very seriously.
5. What is the author trying to say about body image and self-esteem?
(a) Every woman looks better thinner.
(b) That thin does not mean happiness.
(c) Most people think thin looks healthy.
(d) Skinny women like themselves better.
6. Bridget's "I Will Not" list is pretty clear about the types of men she wants to stay away from. What does her list suggest about her past dating experiences?
(a) She has never been lied to by a man.
(b) Many of her past dates have been disasters.
(c) She has met some nice men, but none that she wants to marry.
(d) Most of her dates wanted to have a committed relationship.
7. What is ironic about Bridget's mum doing a show about being single?
(a) There is no irony.
(b) She is old.
(c) She does not watch TV.
(d) She has never understood Bridget's single life.
8. Which of the following is NOT a theme in Bridget's lists?
(d) Weight loss.
9. What is the purpose of Sharon's (Shazzer's) character?
(a) To encourage Bridget to not give up on love.
(b) To find a partner for Tom.
(c) To give realistic advice about men.
(d) To help Bridget get a date with Daniel.
10. How is the dinner party at Magda's similar to the Turkey Curry Buffet?
(a) Magda and Jeremy have invited Bridget's parents.
(b) Mark Darcy is at both parties.
(c) There is turkey.
(d) Bridget's single status is once again the main topic of conversation.
11. What does Bridget think about the possibility of being pregnant?
(d) All answers are correct.
12. What is the assumption made about single people who are Bridget's age?
(a) It is assumed they need help finding a date.
(b) It is assumed they never want to have children.
(c) People assume they are boring.
(d) People assume they are gay.
13. What industry does Bridget work in?
14. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
(a) A depressing mood.
(b) A serious mood.
(c) A humorous mood.
(d) A wistful mood.
15. What signals the reader that there is something wrong with Bridget's parents?
(a) They do not answer the phone like Bridget expects.
(b) They yell at each other constantly.
(c) They do not call each other by pet names.
(d) There are no signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget point out about Perpetua's opinions?
2. Why does Mark run to the buffet table after talking to Bridget?
3. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
4. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
5. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)