|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her boyfriends.
(b) Her career.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her money.
2. Bridget often journals about her workplace, but never about her actual job. Why might this be?
(a) She does not like her job enough to write about it.
(b) She is not allowed to talk about her job.
(c) Her job was too boring for the author to discuss.
(d) She does not work.
3. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
(a) Starting a savings account.
(b) Getting involved with an emotionally unavailable man.
(c) Eating more fiber.
(d) Going to the gym.
4. Bridget resolves to become more responsible with her money. Which of the following does she decide to start doing?
(a) Stay at her current job and begin a pension plan.
(b) Purge her flat of extra stuff and have a garage sale.
(c) Start to save money in a savings account.
(d) Buy culinary devices so she may eat at home more.
5. What signals the reader that there is something wrong with Bridget's parents?
(a) They yell at each other constantly.
(b) They do not call each other by pet names.
(c) There are no signals.
(d) They do not answer the phone like Bridget expects.
6. Bridget's Valentine's Day card from Daniel is ________________.
(a) He does not give her a card.
(b) Funny and unromantic.
(c) Romantic and passionate.
(d) Not personal.
7. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
(a) A depressing mood.
(b) A humorous mood.
(c) A serious mood.
(d) A wistful mood.
8. What does Bridget's "I Will" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) Her hopes for married life.
(b) The types of men she has dated in the past.
(c) The kind of person she wants to become in the next year.
(d) Her family and friends.
9. What is ironic about Bridget's mum doing a show about being single?
(a) She is old.
(b) There is no irony.
(c) She does not watch TV.
(d) She has never understood Bridget's single life.
10. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
(a) Her mum.
(b) Her friends.
11. Bridget's ruined vacation with Daniel is symbolic of what?
(a) The beginning of their future together.
(b) The end of her fantasy about their relationship.
(c) The tourist industry in England.
(d) A fairy tale.
12. What does Magda discover about her husband?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He is leaving her.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is the best husband in the world.
13. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
(a) It allows them to send work to each other.
(b) It allows them to say things they would never say in person.
(c) They do not have email.
(d) It keeps their conversations polite.
14. What does the phone conversation between Bridget and her mum tell the reader about her mum's character?
(a) Bridget's mum is funny.
(b) Bridget's mum does not think about how her words might hurt others.
(c) Bridget's mum is a sensitive person.
(d) Bridget's mum feels the need to take care of her children.
15. What industry does Bridget work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bridget do after her mum shares the news about her new job as a TV personality?
2. What are the mothers like at Harry's birthday party?
3. Who does Bridget's mum want her to meet at the Buffet?
4. Bridget resolves to become a more physically healthy person. Which of the following does she decide to stop doing?
5. What does the February chapter foreshadow about Bridget and Daniel's relationship?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)