|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bridget and her girlfriends gather at her flat for a girls' night. What is the theme of their conversations?
(b) That relationships are difficult.
(c) Relationships are easy.
(d) Good friends are hard to find.
2. Bridget always knows that she will get love and support from ____________.
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her mum.
3. Now that Bridget and Daniel are "dating" their relationship becomes a little _______________.
(b) More fun.
(d) More romantic.
4. How does her parents' broken marriage change the relationship Bridget has with them?
(a) It has not changed their relationship.
(b) They begin to ignore her.
(c) They begin coming to her for help and advice.
(d) It has made Bridget love them even more.
5. What does Bridget discover about her mum at the end of their lunch date?
(a) She is a stronger person than Bridget thought.
(b) She has a job.
(c) She is seeing another man.
(d) She has lost weight.
6. Which activity is NOT a part of Daniel's Sunday ritual?
(a) Going to the park.
(b) Watching TV.
(d) Sitting with the curtains shut.
7. What does Bridget decide about Daniel after he shows up at her girls' night?
(a) He is better as just a friend.
(b) He is the best boyfriend.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) He is a jerk.
8. What is the purpose of Tom's character in the book?
(a) To give Bridget advice from a male perspective.
(b) To give Bridget a guy to fixate on.
(c) To show that Bridget is open to alternative lifestyles.
(d) To open Bridget's eyes to the evils of men.
9. Bridget resolves to become a more physically healthy person. Which of the following does she decide to stop doing?
(a) Eating pasta.
(d) Eating ice cream.
10. Who is Daniel Cleaver?
(a) Bridget's co-worker.
(b) Perpetua's boyfriend.
(c) Bridget's assistant.
(d) Bridget's boss.
11. What does Bridget's "I Will Not" list tell the reader about her character?
(a) It tells the reader that Bridget is a mess.
(b) It tells the reader that Bridget needs therapy.
(c) It tells the reader that Bridget is a reflective person.
(d) It tells the reader that Bridget is a shallow person.
12. Mood is the climate of feeling set by the author of a book. After reading Bridget's lists, what mood do you think Helen Fielding is trying to create in this book?
(a) A wistful mood.
(b) A serious mood.
(c) A humorous mood.
(d) A depressing mood.
13. After Bridget accuses Daniel of giving mixed signals, what does Daniel accuse Bridget of being?
(a) Not a very good girlfriend.
(b) Expecting too much from him.
(c) Cruel for canceling on their weekend getaway.
(d) Just as confusing with her dating signals as he is.
14. What does Bridget's mum's phone call tell the reader about Bridget and her mum's relationship?
(a) Bridget and her mum love each other.
(b) Bridget's mum is critical of Bridget and disapproves of her life.
(c) They are like sisters.
(d) Bidget's mum approves of Bridget and her lifestyle.
15. In this chapter, Bridget lists out her resolutions for the new year. Most of her resolutions fall into four major categories. Which of the following is NOT a category on her list?
(c) Weight Loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bridget's mum give for being mean to her husband?
2. What resolution does Bridget break at the beginning of February?
3. Bridget finally convinces Daniel to take a mini-vacation with her. How does Daniel know the only other person at the hotel?
4. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
5. What new habit does Bridget start in April?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)