|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Darcy?
(a) A writer.
(b) A friend from the United States.
(c) The neighbors' son.
(d) Bridget's boss.
2. Bridget is envious of her mum's power with men. What does mum envy about Bridget's life?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her career.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her boyfriends.
3. How does email help Bridget and Daniel flirt?
(a) It keeps their conversations polite.
(b) It allows them to say things they would never say in person.
(c) They do not have email.
(d) It allows them to send work to each other.
4. What changes does Bridget notice in her mum at the beginning of March?
(a) She has taken up yoga.
(b) Her appearance has improved.
(c) Her skin is looking older.
(d) She enjoys reading and writing.
5. What format is "Bridget Jones's Diary" written in?
(a) Standard fiction format.
(b) Expository essay.
(c) Persuasive essay.
(d) Diary/Journal format.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bridget consider her crush on Daniel Cleaver to be "pathetic"?
2. "Bridget Jones's Diary" is told from which point of view?
3. Which of Bridget's New Year's resolutions will give her the power her mum has?
4. What is the purpose of Sharon's (Shazzer's) character?
5. Who does Bridget's mum want her to meet at the Buffet?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)