|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thanks Jess for being Leslie’s friend?
2. Who finds Jess and comforts him at the creek in Chapter 12?
3. Where has Prince Terrien been exiled to in Chapter 7?
4. After Leslie’s encounters with Janice Avery in Chapter 7, Leslie comes into the fifth grade classroom with what?
5. What happens when Jess and Miss Edmunds leave the gallery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jess describe his day with Miss Edmunds as the “perfect day”?
2. What is different about the creek bed in Chapter 8?
3. What does Miss Edmunds want Jess to see in the galleries?
4. Why doesn’t Jess want to go to Terabithia alone?
5. What are Jess’s sisters fighting about in Chapter 8?
6. Why is Jess in such a hurry to get out of his house the morning that Miss Edmunds’ invites him to Washington D.C.?
7. Why doesn’t Jess’s mom buy her daughers new clothes for Easter Sunday?
8. Describe how Jess and Leslie react differently to the rushing creek in Chapter 8.
9. Why does Mr. Burke find Jess so helpful?
10. What does Jess help Mr. Burke and Leslie do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jess enjoys spending time at Terabithia and with Leslie at her house. Jess avoids going home as much as possible. Why doesn’t Jess like being at home? What happens when he is at home?
Essay Topic 2
Jess believes that he and Miss Edmunds love each other. He describes their love and connection as truer and purer than other kinds of love. Describe their relationship. How does Miss Edmunds feel? What is the basis of the their relationship? What relationship might he be replacing with his feelings for Miss Edmunds?
Essay Topic 3
Jess's irritation with his four sisters, his conflicts with his short-tempered mother, and his defeat in the race for which he trained all summer might have prevented his friendship with Leslie. How would you account for the growth of their friendship?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)