|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jess make dinner for in Chapter 2?
2. Who finds and follows Jess at recess in Chapter 3?
3. What is taken from May Belle in Chapter 5?
4. What does Jess hide under his mattress?
5. What does Jess hope he is in the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on initial descriptions of his home and school, what type of neighborhood and community does Jess’s family live in?
2. Why is Jess not interested in the fact that he will have new neighbors in the Perkins’ place?
3. Why do the students at Lark Creek have to eat lunch at their desks?
4. Who does Jess show his drawings to and why?
5. Why do the teachers hate Fridays? What does this suggest about his school?
6. Why does Leslie hate it in Lark Creek?
7. Why does Jess think that he is stupid, as described in Chapter 6?
8. Why doesn’t Jess allow Gary Fulcher to see his drawings?
9. Why isn’t running fun for the boys anymore in Chapter 4?
10. Describe Leslie and Jess’s plan of revenge for bullying them and May Belle.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lark Creek Elementary School does not have enough sports equipment for all the students. Likewise, Jess describes his house as “rattly” and the surrounding properties as downtrodden and worn. What does this suggest about the neighborhood and community where Jess is living?
Essay Topic 2
Jess enjoys spending time at Terabithia and with Leslie at her house. Jess avoids going home as much as possible. Why doesn’t Jess like being at home? What happens when he is at home?
Essay Topic 3
How does Terabithia aid Jess and Leslie in their developing friendship? What do they bring to their imaginary land, and what do they gain from it?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)