|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If he had enough money, what would Jess buy for Leslie for Christmas?
2. What is the name of Jess’s elementary school?
3. Whose point of view is Bridge to Terabithia written in?
4. May Belle tells Jess he’s “yeller”. What does this mean?
5. Who does Jess choose to sit next to on the bus in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jess and Leslie believe Janice Avery hates above all else?
2. Why do the students at Lark Creek have to eat lunch at their desks?
3. Why won’t Jess show his drawings to his dad?
4. What does Jess want to do with his drawings, as described in Chapter 3?
5. How does Jess get peace in the evenings?
6. Who acts like a bully in Chapter 5?
7. Why is Jess anxious about making something for Leslie’s Christmas gift?
8. What motivates Jess to smile at Leslie in Chapter 4?
9. Why do the teachers hate Fridays? What does this suggest about his school?
10. What is peculiar about what Leslie is wearing on the first day of fifth grade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What provokes Jess and Leslie to befriend Janice when they find her crying?
Essay Topic 2
Leslie and Jess live in drastically different households. Compare Leslie’s relationship with her parents to the relationship that Jess has with his. In Chapter 4, Jess feels uncomfortable when he learns that Leslie calls her parents by their first names, why is this?
Essay Topic 3
What guilt and what fear does Jess overcome in his rescue of May Belle? Why and for whom does Jess build the bridge into Terabithia? How does this action relate to Jess's friendship with Leslie?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)