|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn’t May Belle want to play with in Chapter 2?
2. What point of view is Bridge to Terabithia written in?
3. In Chapter 4, why is Jess happy on Friday?
4. Who wouldn’t Jess dare show his drawings to?
5. What was the hardest part of the plan with Janice Avery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jess blame Leslie for the boys no longer wanting to race?
2. Based on initial descriptions of his home and school, what type of neighborhood and community does Jess’s family live in?
3. Why does Jess run every morning during his summer vacation?
4. Why doesn’t Jess write about drawing for his hobby report in Mrs. Myer’s class?
5. Why is Jess not interested in the fact that he will have new neighbors in the Perkins’ place?
6. How do Jess’ sisters manipulate his mother into giving them money for school shopping?
7. Why is Jess anxious about making something for Leslie’s Christmas gift?
8. Why does Joyce Ann cry on Christmas Eve?
9. Who does Jess show his drawings to and why?
10. Why does Jess make dinner for his younger sisters? What does he make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What provokes Jess and Leslie to befriend Janice when they find her crying?
Essay Topic 2
What guilt and what fear does Jess overcome in his rescue of May Belle? Why and for whom does Jess build the bridge into Terabithia? How does this action relate to Jess's friendship with Leslie?
Essay Topic 3
What are Jess's immediate reactions to Leslie's death? How normal are they? What would happen if he did not go through them?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)