|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
(a) She is writing a book.
(b) She is in a wheelchair from polio.
(c) She is sick with influenza and cannot get out of bed.
(d) She is traveling for work.
2. Where does Jess’ dad go early every morning?
(a) To get the paper.
(b) To look for a job.
(c) To work.
(d) He doesn’t go anywhere because he has been laid off.
3. What is unusual when Jess returns home from the gallery?
(a) Leslie is waiting for him at the road.
(b) No one is at his house.
(c) His entire family is waiting for him by the road.
(d) His father’s truck is already parked in front of the house.
4. What is the special smile that Mrs. Myers beams at Leslie becoming known as?
(a) The Leslie Burke Special.
(b) Crazy Eyes.
(c) Monster Mouth Mania.
(d) The Myers Happy Special.
5. What broke, causing Leslie’s death?
(a) Her bicycle chain.
(b) None of the above.
(c) One of Leslie’s legs.
(d) The rope used to swing across the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn’t get new church clothes in Chapter 8?
2. Where does Jess get invited to go in Chapter 10?
3. When Bill hugs Jesse in Chapter 12, what is physically uncomfortable?
4. What does Jess do with what he retrieves from under his mattress in Chaper 12?
5. What does Leslie question Jess about in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jess’ father home early in Chapter 10, and why is his family gathered around the table?
2. What does Jess resolve to talk to Leslie about in Chapter 10? What does he anticipate will be her reaction?
3. Describe how Jess and Leslie react differently to the rushing creek in Chapter 8.
4. What is Leslie’s advice for Janice Avery in Chapter 7?
5. What does Jess help Mr. Burke and Leslie do?
6. Why does Jess describe his day with Miss Edmunds as the “perfect day”?
7. Why is Jess relieved when Leslie doesn’t tell her parents about Terabithia?
8. Why is Jess in such a hurry to get out of his house the morning that Miss Edmunds’ invites him to Washington D.C.?
9. Why does Jess act as if everything is alright after Leslie’s death?
10. What is different about the creek bed in Chapter 8?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)