|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jess respond to May Belle’s question when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
(a) He ignores her and walks past her.
(b) He yells at her and tells her to shut up.
(c) He begins sobbing and runs to their room.
(d) He hits her really hard in the face.
2. What happened during the month of March?
(a) There was a snowstorm.
(b) It didn’t rain.
(c) It rained nonstop.
(d) There was a drought.
3. What happened to Leslie?
(a) She was hit while riding her bicycle.
(b) They don’t know where she is. She’s missing.
(c) She had an asthma attack while running in the field.
(d) She drowned in the creek.
4. What is Jess’ mother worried had happened in Chapter 10?
(a) That he was kidnapped.
(b) His mother wasn’t worried.
(c) That he ran away.
(d) That he drowned in the creek.
5. Who doesn’t get new church clothes in Chapter 8?
(a) Jess and his mother.
(b) Jess and his father.
(c) May Belle and Joyce Ann.
(d) Mother and Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie believe has caused the rain in Chapter 9?
2. Who finds Jess and comforts him at the creek in Chapter 12?
3. What does May Belle ask Jess when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
4. What is the rule at Lark Creek, which is more important than anything?
5. Where are Leslie’s parents going in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jesse upset that Leslie is being cremated?
2. When Jess wakes in the night in Chapter 11, what does he think has happened?
3. Why doesn’t Jess want to go to Terabithia alone?
4. Why does Mr. Burke find Jess so helpful?
5. Though Jess does not want to go to Terabithia without Leslie in Chapter 7, he is reluctant to go home. Why?
6. Why do the Aarons only go to church at Easter?
7. Even though Leslie was a strong swimmer, how is it plausible that she drowned? What do the adults and authorities think happened?
8. Why does Jess want to help Janice Avery? What does this say about his
9. What is Leslie’s advice for Janice Avery in Chapter 7?
10. Describe how Jess and Leslie react differently to the rushing creek in Chapter 8.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)