|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jess “Boy, don’t be a fool. God ain’t gonna send any little girls to hell”?
(a) Leslie’s father.
(b) Leslie’s mother.
(c) Jess’s father.
(d) Jess’s mother.
2. What is the rule at Lark Creek, which is more important than anything?
(a) “You never ask questions.”
(b) “You never admitted to being hungry.”
(c) “You never mixed up troubles at home with life at school.”
(d) “You never befriended members of the opposite sex.”
3. Why doesn’t Jess want to go to Terabithia when he wakes up Wednesday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) It is still raining and he is afraid of the water.
(b) He doesn’t feel well.
(c) He’s afraid May Belle will follow him.
(d) He and Leslie had an argument.
4. What happens to Jess’s father in Chapter 8?
(a) He gets a promotion.
(b) He gets a new job.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He is laid off from work.
5. Where does Jess’ dad go early every morning?
(a) To get the paper.
(b) He doesn’t go anywhere because he has been laid off.
(c) To work.
(d) To look for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jess get invited to go in Chapter 10?
2. What does Mr. Burke begin to do to the old Perkins place?
3. What do Brenda and Ellie accuse Jess of the morning after finding out Leslie is dead?
4. Who is afraid of the water in Chapter 9?
5. What does Jess worry about when Miss Edmunds picks him up in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jess’ father home early in Chapter 10, and why is his family gathered around the table?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, Jess muses on the differences between his own mother and Judy, Leslie’s mother. What differences does he think about?
3. Why does Jess describe his day with Miss Edmunds as the “perfect day”?
4. How Jesse’s father is portrayed differently in Chapter 11? What does he do?
5. Why doesn’t Jess want to go to Terabithia alone?
6. Why do Jess’s sisters accuse him of not caring about Leslie’s death?
7. Why is Jesse upset that Leslie is being cremated?
8. Why do the Aarons only go to church at Easter?
9. What does Jess resolve to talk to Leslie about in Chapter 10? What does he anticipate will be her reaction?
10. When Jess wakes in the night in Chapter 11, what does he think has happened?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)