|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the special smile that Mrs. Myers beams at Leslie becoming known as?
(a) The Leslie Burke Special.
(b) Crazy Eyes.
(c) Monster Mouth Mania.
(d) The Myers Happy Special.
2. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
(a) She is sick with influenza and cannot get out of bed.
(b) She is traveling for work.
(c) She is writing a book.
(d) She is in a wheelchair from polio.
3. How does Jess respond to May Belle’s question when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
(a) He yells at her and tells her to shut up.
(b) He ignores her and walks past her.
(c) He hits her really hard in the face.
(d) He begins sobbing and runs to their room.
4. What happens when Jess and Miss Edmunds leave the gallery?
(a) He trips down the stairs.
(b) There is a thunder and lightning storm.
(c) The sun comes out.
(d) Her car won’t start.
5. What has been done with Leslie’s body in Chapter 12?
(a) They had her body cremated.
(b) She is laid out in the backroom.
(c) They have not made any decisions yet.
(d) They have already buried it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Leslie’s encounters with Janice Avery in Chapter 7, Leslie comes into the fifth grade classroom with what?
2. What does Jess’s father have to remind him in Chapter 11?
3. What happened to Leslie?
4. Which holiday is nearing in Chapter 8?
5. Who is afraid of the water in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jess act as if everything is alright after Leslie’s death?
2. What does Jess help Mr. Burke and Leslie do?
3. Why does Jess want to help Janice Avery? What does this say about his
4. Why do the Aarons only go to church at Easter?
5. What is Leslie’s advice for Janice Avery in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Jess’ father home early in Chapter 10, and why is his family gathered around the table?
7. What does Jess resolve to talk to Leslie about in Chapter 10? What does he anticipate will be her reaction?
8. Why doesn’t Jess want to go to Terabithia alone?
9. How Jesse’s father is portrayed differently in Chapter 11? What does he do?
10. Why doesn’t Jess’s mom buy her daughers new clothes for Easter Sunday?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)