|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threatens the peace of Terabithia?
2. Who finds and follows Jess at recess in Chapter 3?
(a) Gary Fulcher.
(b) Leslie Burke.
(c) May Belle.
(d) Miss Edmunds.
3. Who went to town to go school shopping in Chapter 2?
(a) May Belle and Joyce Ann.
(b) Ellie and Brenda.
(c) Jess and Leslie.
(d) Jess’s mother and father.
4. If he had enough money, what would Jess buy for Leslie for Christmas?
(a) A watercolor set.
(b) A new sweater.
(c) A television.
(d) A new book.
5. Who does Jess make dinner for in Chapter 2?
(a) Himself, May Belle and Joyce Ann.
(b) Himself, Miss Bessie and Leslie.
(c) Himself, Brenda and Ellie.
(d) His mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leslie say is the reason her parents moved to Lark Creek?
2. What does Leslie write about for her hobby report?
3. What does May Belle tell Jess in Chapter 1 about the Perkins’ place?
4. What does Jess plan on giving May Belle for Christmas?
5. What does Jess finally get Leslie for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jess want from his father?
2. Why does Jess ignore Leslie during recess in Chapter 3?
3. Who acts like a bully in Chapter 5?
4. Based on initial descriptions of his home and school, what type of neighborhood and community does Jess’s family live in?
5. Why won’t Jess show his drawings to his dad?
6. Why is Jess not interested in the fact that he will have new neighbors in the Perkins’ place?
7. What motivates Jess to smile at Leslie in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Leslie hate it in Lark Creek?
9. How does Jess get peace in the evenings?
10. Why are the other teachers critical of Miss Edmunds’ appearance?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)