|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Leslie and Jess do to get revenge on Janice Avery?
(a) They tell Mr. Jenkins that she’s been smoking in the girls’ room.
(b) They steal her lunch.
(c) They trip her on the school bus.
(d) They write a fake love letter to Janice from a boy she likes.
2. What does Leslie give May Belle in Chapter 4?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) Doll house.
(c) Paper dolls.
(d) Dress up clothes.
3. What does Jess plan on giving May Belle for Christmas?
(a) A jump rope.
(b) Paper dolls.
(c) A Barbie doll.
(d) A new dress.
4. What is Jess’s consequence for being accused of tripping someone on the bus?
(a) He has to help Janice up and sit next to her.
(c) Suspension for two days.
(d) He gets kicked off of the bus and has to walk three miles home.
5. What does Jess like to draw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What threatens the peace of Terabithia?
2. What does Jess hide under his mattress?
3. Why doesn’t Jess bother with wearing a shirt early in the morning?
4. How many sisters does Jess have?
5. Which corner of the cow pasture does Jess start in in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joyce Ann cry on Christmas Eve?
2. What does Jess want from his father?
3. What do Jess and Leslie believe Janice Avery hates above all else?
4. Why does Jess make dinner for his younger sisters? What does he make?
5. How do Jess’ sisters manipulate his mother into giving them money for school shopping?
6. How does Jess’s mother treat him the day he helps her can beans?
7. Why isn’t running fun for the boys anymore in Chapter 4?
8. Why doesn’t Jess allow Gary Fulcher to see his drawings?
9. Based on initial descriptions of his home and school, what type of neighborhood and community does Jess’s family live in?
10. Why does Jess feel one must swing into Terabithia over the creek gully, rather than just walk through it?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)