|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Leslie found dead?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In the field.
(c) In the creek.
(d) On the tractor.
2. What does Mrs. Burke sometimes do while Jess, Leslie and Mr. Burke are painting and working?
(a) She reads poetry to them.
(b) She helps.
(c) Mrs. Burke is not around when they are painting the living room.
(d) She cooks treats for them.
3. Where does Jess get invited to go in Chapter 10?
(a) On a trip to Washington D.C. to see the galleries.
(b) To Terabithia by Leslie.
(c) To the Burke’s house for dinner.
(d) To work with his father.
4. Who sleeps in Jess’s bed with him in Chapter 12?
(b) P.T., the dog.
(c) May Belle.
(d) Jess's father.
5. What do Jess and Leslie see at the creek bed that leads them to Terabithia?
(a) A mudslide.
(b) Miss Bessie.
(c) An eight-foot wide sea.
(d) A fallen tree.
6. What has been done with Leslie’s body in Chapter 12?
(a) They have already buried it.
(b) They had her body cremated.
(c) She is laid out in the backroom.
(d) They have not made any decisions yet.
7. What observations does Jess make about Leslie’s mother in Chapter 9?
(a) That she eats a lot.
(b) That she watches a lot of television.
(c) That she is much shorter than his mother.
(d) Her eyes are glassy and focused on something far away.
8. What broke, causing Leslie’s death?
(a) None of the above.
(b) One of Leslie’s legs.
(c) Her bicycle chain.
(d) The rope used to swing across the creek.
9. Where has Prince Terrien been exiled to in Chapter 7?
(a) The garden.
(b) The attic.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The laundry room.
10. What does Leslie believe has caused the rain in Chapter 9?
(a) An evil being has put a curse on Terabithia.
(b) Her and Jess’ wrongdoings.
(c) Bureau of Weather Management.
(d) A hurricane.
11. What does Jess’s mother feed him for breakfast the morning after he was told Leslie is dead?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Waffles and sausage.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
12. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
(a) She is traveling for work.
(b) She is in a wheelchair from polio.
(c) She is writing a book.
(d) She is sick with influenza and cannot get out of bed.
13. Who carries P.T. across the water?
(a) Nobody, he swims across.
14. What does Mr. Burke begin to do to the old Perkins place?
(a) “Repair it.”
(b) “Remodel the kitchen.”
(c) “Burn it.”
(d) “Tear it down.”
15. Who wakes up when Jess goes to milk Miss Bessie in Chapter 10?
(a) May Belle.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Joyce Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brenda and Ellie accuse Jess of the morning after finding out Leslie is dead?
2. What is unusual when Jess returns home from the gallery?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, who finds out about Terabithia?
4. Which holiday is nearing in Chapter 8?
5. What does Jess’s father have to remind him in Chapter 11?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)