|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during the month of March?
(a) There was a drought.
(b) It didn’t rain.
(c) There was a snowstorm.
(d) It rained nonstop.
2. What does Jess’s mother feed him for breakfast the morning after he was told Leslie is dead?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Waffles and sausage.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
3. What broke, causing Leslie’s death?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Her bicycle chain.
(c) One of Leslie’s legs.
(d) The rope used to swing across the creek.
4. What does Jess remember that he has forgotten in Chapter 11?
(a) To milk Miss Bessie.
(b) To do his homework.
(c) To walk P.T.
(d) His day in Washington DC with Miss Edmunds.
5. What does Jess resolve to tell Leslie in Chapter 10?
(a) That he doesn’t want to go to Terabithia until the creek dries up.
(b) That he no longer wants to be her friend.
(c) That he does not feel comfortable around Mr. Burke.
(d) That he does not believe the Bible.
6. What is the special smile that Mrs. Myers beams at Leslie becoming known as?
(a) Monster Mouth Mania.
(b) The Myers Happy Special.
(c) Crazy Eyes.
(d) The Leslie Burke Special.
7. Where does Jess’ dad go early every morning?
(a) He doesn’t go anywhere because he has been laid off.
(b) To get the paper.
(c) To look for a job.
(d) To work.
8. Where does Jess get invited to go in Chapter 10?
(a) On a trip to Washington D.C. to see the galleries.
(b) To the Burke’s house for dinner.
(c) To work with his father.
(d) To Terabithia by Leslie.
9. Where has Prince Terrien been exiled to in Chapter 7?
(a) The attic.
(b) The garden.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The laundry room.
10. Who wakes up when Jess goes to milk Miss Bessie in Chapter 10?
(a) May Belle.
(b) Joyce Ann.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. Who is afraid of the water in Chapter 9?
(d) Miss Bessie.
12. What color is the Burke’s living room painted?
13. What does Jess worry about when Miss Edmunds picks him up in Chapter 10?
(a) That she will change her mind and not want to take him.
(b) That May Belle will want to come along.
(c) That his mother will wake up and not allow him to go.
(d) That Leslie will want to come along.
14. When does Leslie finally tell Jess what happened with Janice Avery?
(a) At after lunch recess.
(b) After school while they are in Terabithia’s castle stronghold.
(c) In class by note.
(d) On the school bus home.
15. Why is Janice Avery crying in Chapter 7?
(a) Janice told two of her friends that her father beats her and they gossiped about it at school.
(b) Someone called Janice fat at lunch.
(c) Willard Hughe’s told her that he does not love her.
(d) Janice fell and scraped her knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Leslie hear crying in the girls’ bathroom in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 7, how long has it been since Jess and Leslie had been to Terabithia together?
4. What has been done with Leslie’s body in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 8, where does Leslie want Jess to take her?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)