|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been done with Leslie’s body in Chapter 12?
(a) They have already buried it.
(b) They had her body cremated.
(c) They have not made any decisions yet.
(d) She is laid out in the backroom.
2. What observations does Jess make about Leslie’s mother in Chapter 9?
(a) That she is much shorter than his mother.
(b) That she watches a lot of television.
(c) Her eyes are glassy and focused on something far away.
(d) That she eats a lot.
3. What does Leslie believe has caused the rain in Chapter 9?
(a) Her and Jess’ wrongdoings.
(b) An evil being has put a curse on Terabithia.
(c) Bureau of Weather Management.
(d) A hurricane.
4. Why does Jess feel uncomfortable at the Burke’s house in Chapter 12?
(a) He’s embarrassed of his parents.
(b) The adults are not treating him kindly.
(c) He is the only child and all of the adults are crying and watching him.
(d) He does not like the Burkes.
5. Who doesn’t get new church clothes in Chapter 8?
(a) Mother and Father.
(b) May Belle and Joyce Ann.
(c) Jess and his mother.
(d) Jess and his father.
6. What happened during the month of March?
(a) There was a drought.
(b) There was a snowstorm.
(c) It didn’t rain.
(d) It rained nonstop.
7. Where do Jess and his parents go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To the school.
(c) To the Perkins place to visit Leslie’s parents.
(d) To Leslie’s funeral.
8. Why does Jess feel guilty about going to Washington D.C. with Miss Edmunds?
(a) He feels guilty that he didn’t stay and go to the creek with Leslie.
(b) He feels guilty that he did not ask Leslie to go along with them.
(c) He feels guilty that he likes Miss Edmunds more than Leslie.
(d) He feels guilty that he didn’t ask Leslie to be his girlfriend.
9. Why has Prince Terrien been exiled?
(a) The Burke family has a difficult time getting things down with the puppy’s playfulness.
(b) He chews on the furniture.
(c) He defecates in the house.
(d) He growls and barks at Mr. Burke.
10. What happens when Jess and Miss Edmunds leave the gallery?
(a) He trips down the stairs.
(b) There is a thunder and lightning storm.
(c) Her car won’t start.
(d) The sun comes out.
11. Where are Leslie’s parents going in Chapter 12?
(a) To Washington.
(b) To Pennsylvania.
(c) They are not going anywhere.
(d) To Europe.
12. When does Leslie finally tell Jess what happened with Janice Avery?
(a) In class by note.
(b) At after lunch recess.
(c) On the school bus home.
(d) After school while they are in Terabithia’s castle stronghold.
13. What happens to Jess’s father in Chapter 8?
(a) He gets a new job.
(b) He gets a promotion.
(c) He is laid off from work.
(d) He quits his job.
14. In Chapter 9, when did the rain begin again?
(a) Easter Monday.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) It didn’t start raining again in this chapter.
15. What do Jess and Leslie see at the creek bed that leads them to Terabithia?
(a) An eight-foot wide sea.
(b) A mudslide.
(c) A fallen tree.
(d) Miss Bessie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Janice Avery crying in Chapter 7?
2. Who wants to go pay respects with Jess and his father?
3. Who tells Jess “Boy, don’t be a fool. God ain’t gonna send any little girls to hell”?
4. What broke, causing Leslie’s death?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, who finds out about Terabithia?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)