|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess resolve to tell Leslie in Chapter 10?
(a) That he no longer wants to be her friend.
(b) That he doesn’t want to go to Terabithia until the creek dries up.
(c) That he does not feel comfortable around Mr. Burke.
(d) That he does not believe the Bible.
2. Where does Jess’ dad go early every morning?
(a) To get the paper.
(b) To work.
(c) He doesn’t go anywhere because he has been laid off.
(d) To look for a job.
3. What does Bill ask Jess to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Never go to the creek again.
(b) Watch P.T. while they are out of town.
(c) Clean out Leslie's room.
(d) Speak at Leslie's funeral.
4. Why does Jess feel uncomfortable at the Burke’s house in Chapter 12?
(a) He’s embarrassed of his parents.
(b) He is the only child and all of the adults are crying and watching him.
(c) He does not like the Burkes.
(d) The adults are not treating him kindly.
5. What happens to Jess’s father in Chapter 8?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He gets a promotion.
(c) He gets a new job.
(d) He is laid off from work.
6. Who sleeps in Jess’s bed with him in Chapter 12?
(b) P.T., the dog.
(c) Jess's father.
(d) May Belle.
7. Who tells Jess “Boy, don’t be a fool. God ain’t gonna send any little girls to hell”?
(a) Jess’s father.
(b) Leslie’s mother.
(c) Jess’s mother.
(d) Leslie’s father.
8. What color is the Burke’s living room painted?
9. What does May Belle ask Jess when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
(a) She asks Jess if Leslie is coming back.
(b) She asks Jess if Leslie will go to hell.
(c) She asks if Jess saw Leslie’s body.
(d) She asks Jess if she can use his art supplies.
10. Where has Prince Terrien been exiled to in Chapter 7?
(a) The attic.
(b) The laundry room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The front porch.
11. What does Leslie believe has caused the rain in Chapter 9?
(a) Bureau of Weather Management.
(b) An evil being has put a curse on Terabithia.
(c) Her and Jess’ wrongdoings.
(d) A hurricane.
12. In Chapter 7, how long has it been since Jess and Leslie had been to Terabithia together?
(a) More than two months.
(b) A week.
(c) More than a month.
(d) Four days.
13. What observations does Jess make about Leslie’s mother in Chapter 9?
(a) That she eats a lot.
(b) Her eyes are glassy and focused on something far away.
(c) That she watches a lot of television.
(d) That she is much shorter than his mother.
14. Who thanks Jess for being Leslie’s friend?
(a) Bill, Leslie’s father.
(b) Judy, Leslie’s mother.
(c) Leslie’s Uncle James.
(d) The grandmother.
15. What broke, causing Leslie’s death?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Her bicycle chain.
(c) The rope used to swing across the creek.
(d) One of Leslie’s legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess’s father have to remind him in Chapter 11?
2. What do Brenda and Ellie accuse Jess of the morning after finding out Leslie is dead?
3. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
4. How does Jess respond to May Belle’s question when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Jess get invited to go in Chapter 10?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)