|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie question Jess about in Chapter 8?
(a) His father’s work situation.
(b) Where milk comes from.
(c) Whether he believes the Bible is true or not.
(d) Why he isn’t wearing nice clothing.
2. How does Jess respond to May Belle’s question when he returns from the Perkins’ place in Chapter 12?
(a) He begins sobbing and runs to their room.
(b) He hits her really hard in the face.
(c) He yells at her and tells her to shut up.
(d) He ignores her and walks past her.
3. Why is Janice Avery crying in Chapter 7?
(a) Janice told two of her friends that her father beats her and they gossiped about it at school.
(b) Janice fell and scraped her knees.
(c) Willard Hughe’s told her that he does not love her.
(d) Someone called Janice fat at lunch.
4. Who sleeps in Jess’s bed with him in Chapter 12?
(b) P.T., the dog.
(c) May Belle.
(d) Jess's father.
5. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
(a) She is traveling for work.
(b) She is in a wheelchair from polio.
(c) She is sick with influenza and cannot get out of bed.
(d) She is writing a book.
6. When Bill hugs Jesse in Chapter 12, what is physically uncomfortable?
(a) Bill does not hug Jesses.
(b) Bill is holding him tight and it is hard for Jess to breathe.
(c) Jess has a crink in his neck.
(d) A button from Bill’s shirt is pressing into Jesse’s forehead.
7. What does Jess resolve to tell Leslie in Chapter 10?
(a) That he doesn’t want to go to Terabithia until the creek dries up.
(b) That he no longer wants to be her friend.
(c) That he does not believe the Bible.
(d) That he does not feel comfortable around Mr. Burke.
8. What happens when Jess and Miss Edmunds leave the gallery?
(a) There is a thunder and lightning storm.
(b) The sun comes out.
(c) Her car won’t start.
(d) He trips down the stairs.
9. What has been done with Leslie’s body in Chapter 12?
(a) They had her body cremated.
(b) They have already buried it.
(c) She is laid out in the backroom.
(d) They have not made any decisions yet.
10. What happens while Jess is milking Miss Bessie in Chapter 10?
(a) Prince Terrien scares Miss Bessie.
(b) He receives a telephone call from a woman.
(c) His mother wakes and scolds him for not making breakfast.
(d) Leslie finds him and asks him to go to Terabithia.
11. What does Brenda tell Jess about Leslie in Chapter 10?
(a) That she is her new best friend.
(b) That she thinks Jess is a gross boy.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That Leslie told everyone about Terabithia.
12. What does Mr. Burke begin to do to the old Perkins place?
(a) “Burn it.”
(b) “Remodel the kitchen.”
(c) “Tear it down.”
(d) “Repair it.”
13. Who does Leslie hear crying in the girls’ bathroom in Chapter 7?
(a) Miss Edmunds.
(b) Janice Avery.
(c) May Belle.
14. Who is afraid of the water in Chapter 9?
(c) Miss Bessie.
15. What does Jesse retrieve from under his mattress in Chapter 12?
(a) A letter that Leslie had written him in class.
(b) A blanket that he used to sleep with when he was a baby.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) He gets all of the paper and art supplies that Leslie had given him at Christmastime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, when did the rain begin again?
2. Where was Leslie found dead?
3. At the Smithsonian, which exhibit does Jess feel a “frightening sense of kinship” with (p.100)?
4. What does Jess remember that he has forgotten in Chapter 11?
5. Who wants to go pay respects with Jess and his father?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)