|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why is Jess happy on Friday?
(a) The school has bought new sports equipment for students.
(b) Mrs. Myers said that there is no homework for the weekend.
(c) Students get an extended recess.
(d) Friday is the day Miss Edmunds teaches music.
2. What time were Jess’s sisters supposed to be home by in Chapter 2?
3. Who drives back and forth to Washington for work?
(a) Jess's father.
(b) Jess's grandfather.
(c) Jess's uncle.
(d) Jess's older brother.
4. How does one enter Terabithia?
(a) By pretending to swim through the creek bed.
(b) By walking through the grove of the pines.
(c) By swinging over the creek bed with the old rope.
(d) By walking over the narrow plank bridge over the creek bed.
5. Who meets Jess in the barn when he’s milking the cow in Chapter 6?
(a) His mother.
(d) May Belle.
6. Who does Jess make dinner for in Chapter 2?
(a) Himself, May Belle and Joyce Ann.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Himself, Miss Bessie and Leslie.
(d) Himself, Brenda and Ellie.
7. What name does Leslie give her and Jess’ secret land?
(d) Loch Ness.
8. What does Jess wait to hear before getting out of bed in the morning?
(a) His mother’s voice announcing breakfast.
(b) The bleating of the sheep in the pasture.
(c) His little sister getting out of the bath.
(d) The sound of his father’s pickup truck.
9. What did Jess win one time the previous school year?
(a) A race.
(b) A basketball game.
(c) The spelling bee.
(d) The cakewalk.
10. What grade is Jess and Leslie in?
11. How does Jess describe his house at the beginning of the book?
(a) As dirty.
(b) As rattly.
(c) As new.
(d) As homey.
12. What do Jess and Leslie name Leslie’s puppy?
(a) King Terabithia.
(b) The Baby Giant.
(c) Grove of the Pines.
(d) Prince Terrien.
13. What does Mrs. Myers ask Jess to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Pick up quizzes.
(b) Read aloud to the class.
(c) Hand out math books.
(d) Give a report.
14. What did Leslie say is the reason her parents moved to Lark Creek?
(a) “My parents wanted to be closer to family.”
(b) “My mother loves the country.”
(c) “My parents are reassigning their value structure.”
(d) “My father lost his job.”
15. What point of view is Bridge to Terabithia written in?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jess choose to sit next to on the bus in Chapter 3?
2. What does Jess get from his parents for Christmas?
3. Which corner of the cow pasture does Jess start in in Chapter 1?
4. What does May Belle call Jess in for in Chapter 1?
5. What does Jess write about for his hobby paper in Mrs. Myers’s class?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)