|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Jess of tripping them on the bus?
(a) Gary Fulcher.
(b) May Belle.
(c) Janice Avery.
2. What does Jess get from his parents for Christmas?
(a) A watercolor set, paint tubes and a pad of paper.
(b) An electric racing car set.
(c) New running shoes.
(d) New books.
3. Besides May Belle, who does Jess like to show his drawings to?
(b) His father.
(c) Miss Edmunds.
(d) Leslie Burke.
4. What does Jess finally get Leslie for Christmas?
(a) A new book.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A new sweater.
5. Where does Jess tell May Belle he is going?
(a) “To the creek.”
(b) “Out for chores.”
(c) “To the park.”
(d) “Just over the cow field.”
6. Who doesn’t May Belle want to play with in Chapter 2?
(c) Joyce Ann.
7. What do the boys do during recess in Chapter 3?
(a) Pick up garbage.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Race each other.
(d) Chase the girls.
8. When does Jess tell Leslie to meet him so that he can give Leslie her present?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) After lunch.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas evening.
9. How does Mrs. Myers describe Leslie’s report?
10. What is the name of Jess’s elementary school?
(a) Boulder Mountain.
(b) Blue River.
(c) Lark Creek.
(d) Sequoia Ridge.
11. Where do the students at Lark Creek eat their lunch?
(a) At their desks.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) At home.
(d) Outside in the field.
12. In Chapter 4, why is Jess happy on Friday?
(a) Students get an extended recess.
(b) Mrs. Myers said that there is no homework for the weekend.
(c) Friday is the day Miss Edmunds teaches music.
(d) The school has bought new sports equipment for students.
13. What did Jess win one time the previous school year?
(a) The spelling bee.
(b) A race.
(c) The cakewalk.
(d) A basketball game.
14. Who wins all of the races the first week of school?
15. How many children are in Jess’s class?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jess and Leslie tell about the letter in Chapter 5?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6, how far away is Christmas?
3. What does May Belle tell Jess in Chapter 1 about the Perkins’ place?
4. What do the other teachers call Miss Edmunds?
5. Who meets Jess in the barn when he’s milking the cow in Chapter 6?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)