|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Jess going in?
2. What example of figurative language is the following sentence: “Jess drew the way some people drink whiskey” (p.10)?
3. Where does Jess tell May Belle he is going?
(a) “To the park.”
(b) “Out for chores.”
(c) “Just over the cow field.”
(d) “To the creek.”
4. What word(s) does Jess say to himself before he begins running in Chapter 1?
(b) On your mark.
5. What does Jess like to do early in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leslie Burke?
2. What does Jess hide under his mattress?
3. Why doesn’t Jess run to his father to hug and kiss him like May Belle?
4. What is the name of Jess’s elementary school?
5. What does May Belle call Jess in for in Chapter 1?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)