|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the principal’s name at Jess and Leslie’s school?
(a) Miss Bessie.
(b) Mr. Turner.
(c) Mrs. Myers.
(d) Miss Edmunds.
2. Why can’t Mrs. Burke help in Chapter 7?
(a) She is sick with influenza and cannot get out of bed.
(b) She is writing a book.
(c) She is traveling for work.
(d) She is in a wheelchair from polio.
3. What is unusual when Jess returns home from the gallery?
(a) His entire family is waiting for him by the road.
(b) No one is at his house.
(c) Leslie is waiting for him at the road.
(d) His father’s truck is already parked in front of the house.
4. In Chapter 4, why is Jess happy on Friday?
(a) Students get an extended recess.
(b) The school has bought new sports equipment for students.
(c) Mrs. Myers said that there is no homework for the weekend.
(d) Friday is the day Miss Edmunds teaches music.
5. What observations does Jess make about Leslie’s mother in Chapter 9?
(a) That she eats a lot.
(b) That she watches a lot of television.
(c) Her eyes are glassy and focused on something far away.
(d) That she is much shorter than his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jess and Leslie tell about the letter in Chapter 5?
2. If he had enough money, what would Jess buy for Leslie for Christmas?
3. How many children are in Jess’s class?
4. What happens while Jess is milking Miss Bessie in Chapter 10?
5. When does Leslie finally tell Jess what happened with Janice Avery?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)