|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent is Charles coming back from in this chapter?
2. How long has Charles been living with Julia at Brideshead?
3. Who does Charles meet aboard the ocean liner?
4. Why has Charles traveled to Central America?
5. What has put a strain on Charles and Celia's marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Catholic religion. Where does it originate? What influence has it had on politics and peoples' ideas about how they should live? Why do you think there have problems between the Catholic and Protestant faiths. What are the main differences between Catholicism and Protestantism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between the book and the film. If there are any differences, what are these differences, and why were these changes made? Are there more constraints put on film than on books? Look at the setting and characters in the film. Are they portrayed how you would visualize the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss 's Waugh's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)