|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the families want to prepare the young men?
(b) Jobs in the public service
(d) Life in general
2. Between what wars does the book take place?
(a) World War II and the Falklands War
(b) World War I and World War II
(c) The Boer War and World War War I
(d) The Korean War and the Vietnam War
3. Why does Sebastian fill Charles' room with flowers?
(a) As an apology
(b) For joke
(c) For his birthday
(d) He is in love with him
4. How do Charles and his troops get to England?
(a) By car
(b) By train
(c) By plane
(d) By marching
5. Who does Charles receive a visit from in this chapter?
(b) His father
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words does Charles use to describe a woman's charm?
2. What does Charles prefer to drinking?
3. What is the name of the main character of the novel?
4. In what year did Charles first visit Brideshead?
5. How long does Charles say the woman has kept house?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)