|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack remind Scratchy of when he picks up his suitcase to part?
2. What does Scratchy do at the end of Chapter 3 as he waits for Jack to appear?
3. Where does Scratchy accuse Jack of coming from with no weapon?
4. After Scratchy shoots at the paper, what does he shoot next?
5. How does Scratchy secure the piece of paper that he shoots at?
Essay Topic 1
It is described that the man sits on the train with one hand on each knee like he's waiting for a barber. What does the author mean by this? What is he trying to tell the reader about the character? How would the man usually sit if he were a regular traveler?
Essay Topic 2
How is Jack's job dependent upon gunfighters still being around? How will Jack's job change once this threat to society is gone?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Scratchy so amazed that Jack is not armed? What does this tell the reader about guns in this time? Do you think Jack is usually armed in his job? What about others in the town?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)