|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scratchy walks away from the couple, what shape do his footprints make in the dirt?
2. Scratchy walks with the creeping movement of what?
3. The knowledge of Jack's marriage reduces Scratchy to what?
4. What does Jack say he'd have done if he'd known that Scratchy would be there waiting for him?
5. What is Scratchy doing when Jack and his wife spot him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the new train station and wooden platform with the old town. Why is the train station new? What does this tell the reader about progress in the town of Yellow Sky?
Essay Topic 2
It is described that the man sits on the train with one hand on each knee like he's waiting for a barber. What does the author mean by this? What is he trying to tell the reader about the character? How would the man usually sit if he were a regular traveler?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between this story and other westerns? Who is the villain? Who is fighting the villain? Without a foe, where can this story go?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)