|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scratchy not a student of?
2. Where does Scratchy accuse Jack of coming from with no weapon?
(b) Sunday School.
(c) The train station.
(d) The bar.
3. The long revolvers on Scratchy's hands are as easy as what?
4. What is Scratchy doing with the town?
(a) He is threatening the town.
(b) He is playing with the town.
(c) He is waiting with the town.
(d) He is dancing with the town.
5. When nobody appears at Jack's house to fight, what is Scratchy's reaction?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is enraged.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is happy.
6. What kind of structures are built along main street?
(a) Wood houses.
(b) Sod houses.
(d) Wooden shops.
7. What is Scratchy's reaction when he realizes he has Jack cornered?
(a) He giggles.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He melts.
(d) He frowns.
8. What color shirt is Scratchy wearing?
9. When Scratchy confronts Jack, how much does Jack move backwards?
(a) Three paces.
(b) One foot.
(c) Not an inch.
(d) He keeps backing up to brotect his bride.
10. How do Jack and his wife walk through the town?
(b) They cover their heads from the rain.
(c) Sheepishly and quickly.
(d) They run.
11. What does Jack say to Scratchy that gets him to pause?
(a) That he is drunk.
(b) That there are other men near.
(c) That he is unarmed.
(d) That he is armed.
12. When do Jack and his wife encounter Scratchy?
(a) As they walk down main street.
(b) As they round the corner toward their house.
(c) At the train station.
(d) Stepping off the train.
13. What is Jack about to do when he sees Scratchy?
(a) Shoot Scratchy.
(b) Dance with his bride.
(c) Carry his bride over the threshold.
(d) Point out his home to his bride.
14. Why is the newly married couple walking with their heads low?
(a) To avoid attention.
(b) To fight the rain.
(c) To fight the wind.
(d) They don't want to see the porter.
15. What is the barkeeper's dog doing when Scratchy approaches?
(a) Chasing a rabbit.
(b) Dozing by the front door of the saloon.
(c) Chasing a cat.
(d) Growling and barking at Scratchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scratchy find the piece of paper?
2. How does Jack's house regard Scratchy?
3. How does Scratchy think he will get jack Potter to come out for a fight?
4. The knowledge of Jack's marriage reduces Scratchy to what?
5. As Scratchy walks away from the bar, what is he humming?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)