|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men in the bar know Scratchy is approaching?
(a) They hear yelling and gunshots.
(b) They hear someone yelp who's been hit.
(c) They hear the Mexican yelling.
(d) They hear the dog bark.
2. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
(a) By horses.
(b) The quickest route possible.
(c) By horse and buggy.
(d) By way of a long walk along the river at sunset.
3. What does the couple do when they exit the train?
(a) They mount horses and gallop away.
(b) They get to their carriage and ride away.
(c) They slink away.
(d) They run.
4. How many men are in the bar?
5. What time is it when the bride looks at her pocket watch?
(a) 12:17 p.m.
(b) 12:16 p.m.
(c) 6:50 p.m.
(d) 3:45 p.m.
6. Where did Jack once shoot Scratchy?
(a) In the foot.
(b) His arm.
(c) On his ear.
(d) In the leg.
7. Why did Jack go to San Antonio?
(a) To buy some land.
(b) For a business meeting.
(c) To meet his bride.
(d) To buy a watch.
8. Where did the old gang hang out?
(a) In the caves outside of town.
(b) Along the river.
(c) At the station.
(d) At the old rustler's cabin.
9. Why does the dog keep lazy watch?
(a) He is a sheep herder at heart and always trying to herd.
(b) He is occasionally kicked if he is in the way.
(c) He is watching for Scratchy.
(d) He is afraid of other animals.
10. How many Texans are in the bar?
11. What is the drummer doing?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Telling a story.
(c) Practicing his shooting.
(d) Playing cards.
12. When the drummer wants to continue asking questions, what do the other men in the bar do?
(a) Put their fingers on their lips to be quiet.
(b) Yell at him to shut up.
(c) Shoot at him to make him shut up.
(d) Motion for him to remain silent.
13. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
(a) Outside in back.
(b) Behind a table.
(c) At the door as a lookout.
(d) Behind the bar.
14. What is the bride's concern as she looks around the train car?
(a) Tripping over her dress.
(c) The reflective mirrors.
(d) The danger.
15. What is apparent about the bride to the other passengers?
(a) That her shoes are worn.
(b) That her dress is lovely.
(c) That she has cooked.
(d) That she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town has Jack traveled to?
2. How does the man who informs the crowd in the bar describe Scratchy?
3. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
4. What is the drummer feeling as danger approaches?
5. What is the general demeanor of the couple?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)