|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
(a) In San Antonio.
(b) In Dallas.
(c) In Yellow Sky.
(d) In New York.
2. What does the porter do for Jack as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) Cleans his shoes.
(b) Gives him a shave.
(c) Pulls his luggage from the overhead bins.
(d) Brushes off his suit.
3. How does the barkeeper describe Scratchy's use of guns?
(a) "He will shoot you between the eyes."
(b) "He's old and careless."
(c) "He's a wonder."
(d) "He can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's drunk."
4. Why did Jack go to San Antonio?
(a) To meet his bride.
(b) To buy some land.
(c) For a business meeting.
(d) To buy a watch.
5. What can be seen beyond the Rio Grande?
(a) Yellow rocks.
(b) The river basin.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Plum colored mesquite.
6. When the drummer wants to continue asking questions, what do the other men in the bar do?
(a) Motion for him to remain silent.
(b) Yell at him to shut up.
(c) Put their fingers on their lips to be quiet.
(d) Shoot at him to make him shut up.
7. When the bride is nervous, what does Jack tell her?
(a) That she looks beautiful.
(b) That they can stay on the train and not get off.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) That everything is O.K.
8. What is Scratchy like when he is drunk?
(a) He's sweet and sloppy.
(b) He's funny,
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He's a terror.
9. Where did the old gang hang out?
(a) In the caves outside of town.
(b) At the old rustler's cabin.
(c) At the station.
(d) Along the river.
10. What kind of gloom sets in the bar?
(a) A ghost-like gloom.
(b) A drunken gloom.
(c) A silent gloom.
(d) A chapel-like gloom.
11. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
(a) Behind a table.
(b) At the door as a lookout.
(c) Outside in back.
(d) Behind the bar.
12. Why does the dog keep lazy watch?
(a) He is watching for Scratchy.
(b) He is a sheep herder at heart and always trying to herd.
(c) He is occasionally kicked if he is in the way.
(d) He is afraid of other animals.
13. What color is the bride's dress?
14. What is the drummer doing?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Practicing his shooting.
(c) Telling a story.
(d) Drinking too much.
15. What time will the train arrive in Yellow Sky?
(a) 2:47 p.m.
(b) 4:52 p.m.
(c) 3:42 p.m.
(d) 1:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barkeeper do to the windows of the bar?
2. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
3. How do the men in the bar know Scratchy is approaching?
4. What do the objects across the street from the bar resemble?
5. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)