|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man tell the drummer as he walks into the bar about what will happen in the town?
(a) Scratchy will kill the dog."
(b) Scratchy will shoot up this bar."
(c) "Scratchy will shoot up everyon in the town."
(d) "For the next few hours this town won't be a health resort."
2. Who waits on the couple when they eat?
(a) Young Harvey girls.
(b) An African-American women.
(c) An older white gentleman they called "Mac."
(d) The African-American wait staff.
3. As Scratchy is approaching the bar, one man in the bar wishes Jack were home. How does he express that?
(a) "He would call him outside and take care of this."
(b) "He would nail Scratchy to the wall."
(c) "He would end this once and for all."
(d) "He would sail in and pull out the kinks in this thing."
4. Where did the old gang hang out?
(a) At the old rustler's cabin.
(b) Along the river.
(c) In the caves outside of town.
(d) At the station.
5. How many men are in the bar?
6. What does the station-agent do when he sees Jack?
(a) Calls his name and gets his luggage.
(b) Waves his hands and runs toward them.
(c) Smiles and waves.
(d) Remains seated in his chair.
7. What does the man say who enters the bar?
(a) That Scratchy Wilson is drunk.
(b) That Scratchy just came in on the train.
(c) That Jack is returning on the train.
(d) That Jack's new bride has arrived.
8. What color is the bride's dress?
9. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
(a) The would give the couple presents.
(b) They would be happy.
(c) They would serve a huge dinner at the church.
(d) They would greet him with a brass band.
10. Who sold the groom the pocket watch?
(a) A watch salesman on the street.
(b) His grandfather gave it to him.
(c) The train master.
(d) A man he knew.
11. Who has never been on a train before?
(a) The bride.
(b) The porter.
(c) The judge.
(d) The groom.
12. How does Jack plan to tell the community of his news?
(a) A statement at church.
(b) Tell his deputy.
(c) Have a party.
(d) Issue a voice bulletin.
13. Why is the man's face reddened?
(a) He drinks a lot.
(b) From years of working outdoors.
(c) He is embarrased.
(d) He has high blood pressure.
14. How do the people of Yellow Sky feel about Jack?
(a) They adore him.
(b) He is not well-liked.
(c) They think he drinks too much.
(d) He is well-liked.
15. What is the reaction of the Mexicans in the bar when they hear about Scratchy?
(a) They exit the bar.
(b) They turn the table over and take cover behiind it.
(c) They go to the back of the bar.
(d) They get behind the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the porter do when he sees them run from the train?
2. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
3. What does the couple do when they exit the train?
4. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
5. What do other passengers on the train think of the couple?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)