|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
(a) That his dad was a cattle rustler.
(b) That he is married.
(c) That he is quiting his job.
(d) That he is older than they think.
2. Where did the old gang hang out?
(a) At the station.
(b) Along the river.
(c) In the caves outside of town.
(d) At the old rustler's cabin.
3. What do the Mexicans do for a living?
(a) Cow herders.
(c) Sheep herders.
4. What is the reaction of the Mexicans in the bar when they hear about Scratchy?
(a) They get behind the bar.
(b) They go to the back of the bar.
(c) They turn the table over and take cover behiind it.
(d) They exit the bar.
5. What does the man tell the drummer as he walks into the bar about what will happen in the town?
(a) Scratchy will shoot up this bar."
(b) Scratchy will kill the dog."
(c) "Scratchy will shoot up everyon in the town."
(d) "For the next few hours this town won't be a health resort."
6. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
(a) Their air of superiority.
(b) Their wonderful food.
(c) Their great service.
(d) Their uniforms.
7. What time will the train arrive in Yellow Sky?
(a) 4:52 p.m.
(b) 1:30 p.m.
(c) 3:42 p.m.
(d) 2:47 p.m.
8. What does the station-agent do when he sees Jack?
(a) Calls his name and gets his luggage.
(b) Waves his hands and runs toward them.
(c) Remains seated in his chair.
(d) Smiles and waves.
9. What does the porter do for Jack as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) Pulls his luggage from the overhead bins.
(b) Gives him a shave.
(c) Cleans his shoes.
(d) Brushes off his suit.
10. When the man comes to the door of the bar with his warning, what does the drummer ask him to do?
(a) Come in for a drink.
(b) Go away.
(c) Forget it.
(d) Follow the Mexicans.
11. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
(a) He is shoveling coal for the train.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is loading wood for the train.
(d) He is getting the water for the train.
12. What is the bride's concern as she looks around the train car?
(a) The danger.
(b) Tripping over her dress.
(d) The reflective mirrors.
13. What is the area under the bar made of?
(b) Zinc and copper fittings.
(d) Thick wood.
14. Where is the barkeeper's dog?
(a) He lays on the boardwalk that crosses the front door of the bar.
(b) Sleeping at the end of main street.
(c) Sleeping under a table.
(d) Out back, chasing rabbits.
15. What does the bartender pull from beneath the bar?
(b) A Winchester gun.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Texans are in the bar?
2. What does the barkeeper sit on?
3. What do the men in the bar say as they hear Scratchy approaching?
4. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
5. What time is it when the bride looks at her pocket watch?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)