|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cords of Scratchy's neck do?
(a) Straighten and sink as passion moves him.
(c) Sink into his neck and disappear.
(d) Pop out in red veins.
2. What does Jack do with his suitcase when he sees Scratchy?
(a) Drops it to the ground.
(b) Gives it slowly to his wife.
(c) Slowly lowers it to the ground.
(d) Holds the handle tightly.
3. What river runs by the town of Yellow Sky?
(a) Rio Grande.
4. What does Scratchy do to the door of the Weary Gentleman?
(a) He yells at the door.
(b) He bangs on the door with his revolver.
(c) He shoots at the door.
(d) He runs at the door.
5. What does Jack think of when he is faced with the barrel of Scratchy's gun?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His wife.
(c) His home.
(d) The beauty of the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Scratchy approaches, one man gestures toward the barkeep for something. What does he want?
2. Who is the only person who will fight Scratchy?
3. Where was the shirt made?
4. What does the stillness of the town form over Scratchy?
5. Where did Jack once shoot Scratchy?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)