|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the walking pattern of the couple heading toward home?
(a) They are holding hands like young lovers.
(b) They are running like the wind.
(c) They are racing against time.
(d) Like they are walking against a strong wind.
2. At first, the drummer refuses to come behind the bar. Why?
(a) He wants to shoot at Scratchy.
(b) He wants to see Scratchy.
(c) He wants to be able to make a break for the door.
(d) He wants to bring the dog in.
3. What defining features do Scratchy's boots have?
(a) Gold thread.
(b) Gilded imprints.
(c) Gold buttons.
(d) Hand-sewn ribbon.
4. What does the man tell the drummer as he walks into the bar about what will happen in the town?
(a) Scratchy will shoot up this bar."
(b) Scratchy will kill the dog."
(c) "For the next few hours this town won't be a health resort."
(d) "Scratchy will shoot up everyon in the town."
5. What was Jack's instinct when he is confronted by Scratchy?
(a) He pushes his wife away.
(b) He pulls his wife to him.
(c) He doesn't move.
(d) He loosens his arm from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man doing who sits in the tilted chair at the end of the railway station?
2. Where does the dog go to avoid Scratchy?
3. The long revolvers on Scratchy's hands are as easy as what?
4. What is the drummer doing?
5. What is Scratchy known for?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)