|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scratchy hold in each hand?
(a) A dueling sword.
(b) A Winchester shotgun.
(c) A small pistol.
(d) A blue-black revolver.
2. How does Scratchy secure the piece of paper that he shoots at?
(a) With a nail.
(b) With a pin.
(c) With his knife.
(d) With his pistol.
3. How does Jack plan to tell the community of his news?
(a) Have a party.
(b) Tell his deputy.
(c) Issue a voice bulletin.
(d) A statement at church.
4. When does the dog break into a gallop?
(a) When Scratchcy yells at him.
(b) When Scratchy shoots in the air.
(c) When Scratchy shoots at the bar.
(d) When Scratchy kills the rabbit.
5. What does the couple do when they exit the train?
(a) They run.
(b) They get to their carriage and ride away.
(c) They slink away.
(d) They mount horses and gallop away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man tell the drummer as he walks into the bar about what will happen in the town?
2. When does Scratchy first notice the bride?
3. What is the area under the bar made of?
4. How does the author describe the town through Scratchy's mind?
5. How does Jack introduce his wife to Scratchy?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)