|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's wife's reaction to Scratchy?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She turns red with embarrassment.
(c) She stands bravely as if expecting this.
(d) She turns yellow, like she's seen a snake.
2. What is the drummer doing?
(a) Practicing his shooting.
(b) Telling a story.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Drinking too much.
3. Why did Jack go to San Antonio?
(a) For a business meeting.
(b) To meet his bride.
(c) To buy some land.
(d) To buy a watch.
4. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas like a desert.
(b) Rivers only.
(c) Small farms that look abandoned.
(d) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
5. Since nobody is opening the door to the bar, where does Scratchy decide to go?
(a) To the train station.
(b) To the river.
(c) To Jack's house.
(d) To the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stillness of the town form over Scratchy?
2. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
3. How do the men in the bar know Scratchy is approaching?
4. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
5. What is Jack about to do when he sees Scratchy?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)