|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scratchy think about what Jack has to say?
(a) He thinks Jack is lying.
(b) He thinks Jack has gone crazy.
(c) he thinks Jack is being funny.
(d) He thinks he didn't hear Jack right.
2. What does the porter do to make the exit from the train easier?
(a) He holds the new bride's hand.
(b) He puts a small step down on the platform.
(c) He steps down first and lifts the bride down.
(d) He calls the station master for the luggage.
3. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) He starts crying.
(b) He becomes restless.
(c) He begins to pace.
(d) He has a nervous laugh.
4. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(b) Rivers only.
(c) Small farms that look abandoned.
(d) Texas like a desert.
5. Who made the shirt?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) Some Jewish women.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the drummer wants to continue asking questions, what do the other men in the bar do?
2. What does Scratchy want at the Weary Gentleman?
3. What is Jack's wife's reaction to Scratchy?
4. What is across the street from the bar?
5. What is the reaction of the Mexicans in the bar when they hear about Scratchy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)