|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drummer discover in his hiding place?
(b) More guns.
2. What is the name of the train?
(a) Texas Giant.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) California Express.
3. What do the cords of Scratchy's neck do?
(b) Pop out in red veins.
(c) Straighten and sink as passion moves him.
(d) Sink into his neck and disappear.
4. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas like a desert.
(b) Rivers only.
(c) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(d) Small farms that look abandoned.
5. How does the man who informs the crowd in the bar describe Scratchy?
(a) "He's locked and loaded today."
(b) "He's gripping his guns with gusto!"
(c) "He's making so much noise he spooked my horse."
(d) "He's turned loose with both hands."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices that the groom is particularly happy?
2. Who sold the groom the pocket watch?
3. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
4. When he fires at the paper, how much does he miss it by?
5. How does the barkeeper describe Scratchy's use of guns?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)