|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the men in the bar do as Scratcy approaches?
(a) They begin arguing.
(b) They get quiet.
(c) They play cards and act as if nothing is wrong.
(d) They start drinking.
2. As the groom shows the bride the appointments of the train car, how is he acting?
(a) Like he is afraid.
(b) Llike he is ignorant.
(c) Too loud.
(d) Like the owner.
3. What is Scratchy like when he is sober?
(a) A very happy guy.
(b) One of the nicest guys in town.
(c) Moody and dark.
4. How many men are in the bar?
5. What is across the street from the bar?
(a) A rock ledge.
(b) The river.
(c) The train station.
(d) Green grass plots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scratchy get to Jack's house?
2. Scratcy's yelling is met by what on Main Street?
3. What do the cords of Scratchy's neck do?
4. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
5. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)