|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time will the train arrive in Yellow Sky?
(a) 3:42 p.m.
(b) 2:47 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 4:52 p.m.
2. What is apparent about the bride to the other passengers?
(a) That her dress is lovely.
(b) That she has cooked.
(c) That her shoes are worn.
(d) That she is beautiful.
3. As Scratchy approaches, one man gestures toward the barkeep for something. What does he want?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Another gun.
(c) A clean glass.
(d) A drink.
4. As the groom shows the bride the appointments of the train car, how is he acting?
(a) Too loud.
(b) Like the owner.
(c) Like he is afraid.
(d) Llike he is ignorant.
5. Why does the dog keep lazy watch?
(a) He is watching for Scratchy.
(b) He is afraid of other animals.
(c) He is a sheep herder at heart and always trying to herd.
(d) He is occasionally kicked if he is in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in Yellow Sky?
2. Who notices that the groom is particularly happy?
3. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
4. Why did the groom give the pocket watch to his new bride?
5. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)