|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river runs by the town of Yellow Sky?
(c) Rio Grande.
2. What does the porter do when he sees them run from the train?
(a) He closes his eyes for a moment.
(b) He frowns.
(c) He yells for the station master.
(d) He chuckles.
3. What did the couple do before boarding the train?
(a) Had breadfast.
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Got married.
(d) Visited their mother.
4. How does the reader know the drummer is nervous?
(a) He is perspiring.
(b) He can't stop laughing.
(c) He seems trigger happy.
(d) He can't stop talking.
5. Why did the groom give the pocket watch to his new bride?
(a) As a wedding present.
(b) So she would have some nice jewelry.
(c) A welcome present when he met her.
(d) So she could keep time on the return trip home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack go to San Antonio?
2. What do the objects across the street from the bar resemble?
3. Where did the old gang hang out?
4. How many times does the train stop while traveling across the state?
5. What does the barkeeper do to the windows of the bar?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)