|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
(a) He is getting the water for the train.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is loading wood for the train.
(d) He is shoveling coal for the train.
2. What does the train need to do when it reaches the station?
(a) Load more firewood.
(b) Replenish the coal.
(c) Take on water.
(d) Cool off.
3. Where did Jack once shoot Scratchy?
(a) On his ear.
(b) His arm.
(c) In the foot.
(d) In the leg.
4. What kind of gloom sets in the bar?
(a) A chapel-like gloom.
(b) A ghost-like gloom.
(c) A drunken gloom.
(d) A silent gloom.
5. What does a man in the bar tell the drummer about what is about to happen?
(a) "There is going to be some shooting."
(b) "Scratchy will pass out on the porch of the bar."
(c) "Jack will arrive and shoot Scratchy."
(d) "Someone will die."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Texans are in the bar?
2. What did the couple do before boarding the train?
3. What does the man say who enters the bar?
4. What does the station-agent do when he sees Jack?
5. How many men are in the bar?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)