|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the train need to do when it reaches the station?
(a) Load more firewood.
(b) Replenish the coal.
(c) Take on water.
(d) Cool off.
2. How much will the meal cost the couple on the train?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
3. What did the couple do before boarding the train?
(a) Visited their mother.
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Had breadfast.
(d) Got married.
4. Who notices that the groom is particularly happy?
(a) The African-American porter.
(b) The townspeople of Yellow Sky.
(c) The bride's sister.
(d) The groom's brother.
5. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
(a) By horse and buggy.
(b) The quickest route possible.
(c) By horses.
(d) By way of a long walk along the river at sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general demeanor of the couple?
2. Who has never been on a train before?
3. When the bride is nervous, what does Jack tell her?
4. What can be seen from the train window?
5. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)