|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general demeanor of the couple?
(a) They are shy.
(b) They are sloppy.
(c) They are dirty.
(d) They are loud.
2. What time is it when the bride looks at her pocket watch?
(a) 3:45 p.m.
(b) 12:16 p.m.
(c) 12:17 p.m.
(d) 6:50 p.m.
3. What is the bride's concern as she looks around the train car?
(a) The danger.
(b) Tripping over her dress.
(c) The reflective mirrors.
4. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(b) Texas like a desert.
(c) Rivers only.
(d) Small farms that look abandoned.
5. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) He has a nervous laugh.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He becomes restless.
(d) He begins to pace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
2. How many times does the train stop while traveling across the state?
3. When the bride is nervous, what does Jack tell her?
4. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
5. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)