|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the train stop while traveling across the state?
2. Why does the bride become anxious?
(a) She can't find her small overnight bag.
(b) She is afraid to live in a small town.
(c) She picks up on Jack's nervousness.
(d) She spilled some food on her dress.
3. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) He has a nervous laugh.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He begins to pace.
(d) He becomes restless.
4. Who waits on the couple when they eat?
(a) The African-American wait staff.
(b) Young Harvey girls.
(c) An older white gentleman they called "Mac."
(d) An African-American women.
5. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
(a) The couple's marriage.
(b) The porter's service.
(c) The town of Yellow Sky.
(d) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the porter do to make the exit from the train easier?
2. What does the train need to do when it reaches the station?
3. What can be seen from the train window?
4. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
5. Why is the man's face reddened?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)