|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will the meal cost the couple on the train?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty-five dollars.
2. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
(a) He is shoveling coal for the train.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is getting the water for the train.
(d) He is loading wood for the train.
3. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
(a) They would be happy.
(b) They would serve a huge dinner at the church.
(c) The would give the couple presents.
(d) They would greet him with a brass band.
4. What is apparent about the bride to the other passengers?
(a) That her dress is lovely.
(b) That her shoes are worn.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she has cooked.
5. What is the general demeanor of the couple?
(a) They are dirty.
(b) They are shy.
(c) They are sloppy.
(d) They are loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles is it from one end of the state to the other?
2. Why does the bride become anxious?
3. What river runs by the town of Yellow Sky?
4. What does the porter do when he sees them run from the train?
5. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)