|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
(a) The quickest route possible.
(b) By way of a long walk along the river at sunset.
(c) By horses.
(d) By horse and buggy.
2. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Small farms that look abandoned.
(b) Rivers only.
(c) Texas like a desert.
(d) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
3. How many rows of waiters were in the dining car?
4. Who waits on the couple when they eat?
(a) An African-American women.
(b) Young Harvey girls.
(c) An older white gentleman they called "Mac."
(d) The African-American wait staff.
5. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
(a) In Yellow Sky.
(b) In New York.
(c) In San Antonio.
(d) In Dallas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the groom give the pocket watch to his new bride?
2. What does the station-agent do when he sees Jack?
3. Why is the man's face reddened?
4. What does the porter do to make the exit from the train easier?
5. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)