|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack go to San Antonio?
(a) For a business meeting.
(b) To buy some land.
(c) To meet his bride.
(d) To buy a watch.
2. How many miles is it from one end of the state to the other?
3. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
(a) By horse and buggy.
(b) By horses.
(c) By way of a long walk along the river at sunset.
(d) The quickest route possible.
4. What does the train need to do when it reaches the station?
(a) Replenish the coal.
(b) Cool off.
(c) Take on water.
(d) Load more firewood.
5. How does the porter view the couple on the train?
(b) Lilke he is confused.
(c) With an air of superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man's face reddened?
2. What is apparent about the bride to the other passengers?
3. What does the station-agent do when he sees Jack?
4. How does Jack plan to tell the community of his news?
5. What does the porter do for Jack as they approach Yellow Sky?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)