|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bride become anxious?
(a) She spilled some food on her dress.
(b) She is afraid to live in a small town.
(c) She can't find her small overnight bag.
(d) She picks up on Jack's nervousness.
2. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas like a desert.
(b) Rivers only.
(c) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(d) Small farms that look abandoned.
3. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
(a) He begins to pace.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He has a nervous laugh.
(d) He becomes restless.
4. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
(a) That he is married.
(b) That he is older than they think.
(c) That his dad was a cattle rustler.
(d) That he is quiting his job.
5. On their wedding day, where does the couple eat?
(a) In Yellow Sky.
(b) In the dining car.
(c) Sack lunches on the train.
(d) In San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack plan to get to his house?
2. How does the man sit on the train?
3. Who is the only man on the train platform?
4. What does the couple not notice about the people waiting on them?
5. What does Jack do in Yellow Sky?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)