|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he fires at the paper, how much does he miss it by?
(a) A 1/2 inch.
(b) A yard.
(c) A foot.
(d) A mile.
2. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas like a desert.
(b) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(c) Rivers only.
(d) Small farms that look abandoned.
3. When the drummer wants to continue asking questions, what do the other men in the bar do?
(a) Put their fingers on their lips to be quiet.
(b) Shoot at him to make him shut up.
(c) Motion for him to remain silent.
(d) Yell at him to shut up.
4. When does the dog break into a gallop?
(a) When Scratchy shoots at the bar.
(b) When Scratchcy yells at him.
(c) When Scratchy shoots in the air.
(d) When Scratchy kills the rabbit.
5. What color shirt is Scratchy wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to fight Scratchy?
2. What does Jack think of when he is faced with the barrel of Scratchy's gun?
3. What is Scratchy like when he is sober?
4. How does the author describe the town through Scratchy's mind?
5. What does Scratchy do with his weapons when he realizes that it is all over?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)