|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the beauty of the train a symbol for in Jack's mind?
(a) His simple home.
(b) The stillness of the town.
(c) The purity of his job.
(d) The newness of the marriage.
2. Where is the only person who will fight Scratchy?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At home.
(c) In the bar.
(d) Out of town.
3. How does Scratchy get to Jack's house?
(a) He rides his horse.
(b) He walks.
(c) He gets in a buggy.
(d) He runs.
4. How does the author describe Scratchy's reaction to Jack's marriage?
(a) Like a creature allowed a glimpse of another world.
(b) Like a lost soul looking for a home.
(c) Like a man releaved.
(d) Like a dog lost without his master.
5. Where did Jack once shoot Scratchy?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the leg.
(c) On his ear.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Yellow Sky feel about Jack?
2. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
3. How many miles is it from one end of the state to the other?
4. What did the color of the wood on the train look like?
5. What does Scratchy say when Jack tells him of his morning?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)