|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be seen beyond the Rio Grande?
(a) Plum colored mesquite.
(b) Yellow rocks.
(c) The river basin.
(d) The mountains.
2. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) Outside in back.
(c) At the door as a lookout.
(d) Behind a table.
3. When put in a safe place, what is the drummer sitting on?
(c) A drum.
(d) A box.
4. Why is Jack not armed on his wedding day?
(a) Because guns were not allowed on the train, and Jack hasn't rearmed himself yet,
(b) Because he believes such an occasion does not call for it.
(c) Because he left in such a hurry, he forgot his gun.
(d) Because guns scare his new wife, and she asked him not to wear them.
5. Where does the dog go to avoid Scratchy?
(a) He is going inside the bar.
(b) He is heading for the alley.
(c) He is going home.
(d) He is heading up the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack's house regard Scratchy?
2. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
3. How does Scratchy identify the bride?
4. As Scratchy is approaching the bar, one man in the bar wishes Jack were home. How does he express that?
5. What is the reaction of the Mexicans in the bar when they hear about Scratchy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)