|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couple do when they exit the train?
(a) They run.
(b) They get to their carriage and ride away.
(c) They slink away.
(d) They mount horses and gallop away.
2. How does Jack introduce his wife to Scratchy?
(a) "I'll introduce you to my wife when you are sober."
(b) "May I introduce my wife?"
(c) He doesn't.
(d) "This is my wife. Don't you ever speak to her again."
3. Who is Jack Potter in the mind of Scratchy?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His ancient antagonist.
(c) His friend.
(d) His father.
4. What time will the train arrive in Yellow Sky?
(a) 1:30 p.m.
(b) 2:47 p.m.
(c) 4:52 p.m.
(d) 3:42 p.m.
5. How does the author describe the town through Scratchy's mind?
(a) It is wearing for him.
(b) It is a toy for him.
(c) It is a joke to him.
(d) It is dangerous to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's wife's reaction to Scratchy?
2. What is Scratchy like when he is sober?
3. What does the drummer discover in his hiding place?
4. What does Scratchy hold in each hand?
5. What does a man in the bar tell the drummer about what is about to happen?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)