|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be seen from the train window?
(a) Texas, green grass, clumps of houses, trees.
(b) Small farms that look abandoned.
(c) Texas like a desert.
(d) Rivers only.
2. What color shirt is Scratchy wearing?
3. What is the bride's concern as she looks around the train car?
(b) The reflective mirrors.
(c) The danger.
(d) Tripping over her dress.
4. What does the man tell the drummer as he walks into the bar about what will happen in the town?
(a) Scratchy will shoot up this bar."
(b) Scratchy will kill the dog."
(c) "Scratchy will shoot up everyon in the town."
(d) "For the next few hours this town won't be a health resort."
5. What is Jack's wife's reaction to Scratchy?
(a) She stands bravely as if expecting this.
(b) She turns red with embarrassment.
(c) She turns yellow, like she's seen a snake.
(d) She starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be seen beyond the Rio Grande?
2. What does Jack say he'd have done if he'd known that Scratchy would be there waiting for him?
3. How does Scratchy identify the bride?
4. What kind of structures are built along main street?
5. What defining features do Scratchy's boots have?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)