|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bride become anxious?
(a) She can't find her small overnight bag.
(b) She picks up on Jack's nervousness.
(c) She is afraid to live in a small town.
(d) She spilled some food on her dress.
2. What does Scratchy do at the end of Chapter 3 as he waits for Jack to appear?
(a) He reloads his guns.
(b) He keeps shouting.
(c) He walks back to the bar.
(d) He goes to the train station.
3. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) Behind a table.
(c) Outside in back.
(d) At the door as a lookout.
4. How does Scratchy secure the piece of paper that he shoots at?
(a) With his pistol.
(b) With a nail.
(c) With his knife.
(d) With a pin.
5. What does the barkeeper sit on?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A box.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A liquor case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people of Yellow Sky unaware of regarding Jack's life?
2. How many Texans are in the bar?
3. Since nobody is opening the door to the bar, where does Scratchy decide to go?
4. What does the stillness of the town form over Scratchy?
5. What can be seen beyond the Rio Grande?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)