|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scratchy get to Jack's house?
(a) He walks.
(b) He runs.
(c) He gets in a buggy.
(d) He rides his horse.
2. What did the couple do before boarding the train?
(a) Got married.
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Visited their mother.
(d) Had breadfast.
3. What does the barkeeper do to the windows of the bar?
(a) Closes and bars the wooden shutters.
(b) Breaks one out so he can shoot.
(c) Tells the drummer to keep watch at the window.
(d) Nothing. There are no windows in the bar.
4. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
(a) They would greet him with a brass band.
(b) They would be happy.
(c) They would serve a huge dinner at the church.
(d) The would give the couple presents.
5. Scratchy fumes at Jack's house like what?
(a) Like a war, with gunshots heard all round.
(b) Like a Texas sunrise, red as fire.
(c) Like a Texas river running over her banks.
(d) Like the winter wind attacking a prairie cabin in the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack Potter in the mind of Scratchy?
2. How does the reader know the drummer is nervous?
3. How many minutes before the train arrives in Yellow Sky are the men talking in the bar?
4. What does the porter do to make the exit from the train easier?
5. What is Scratchy known for?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)