|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is it from one end of the state to the other?
2. As Scratchy approaches, one man gestures toward the barkeep for something. What does he want?
(a) Another gun.
(b) A clean glass.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A drink.
3. Who made the shirt?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) Some Jewish women.
4. What does Scratchy do to the door of the Weary Gentleman?
(a) He runs at the door.
(b) He shoots at the door.
(c) He bangs on the door with his revolver.
(d) He yells at the door.
5. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
(a) He is getting the water for the train.
(b) He is loading wood for the train.
(c) He is shoveling coal for the train.
(d) He is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is across the street from the bar?
2. What happens to the husband as they approach Yellow Sky?
3. Why does Jack remain so secretive?
4. What does the porter do when he sees them run from the train?
5. What does Scratchy do at the end of Chapter 3 as he waits for Jack to appear?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)