|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack remain so secretive?
(a) Getting married so quickly is a scandal.
(b) He doesn't want the town to know how much money he spent.
(c) He knows his bride is lower-class.
(d) He thinks his bride is not very pretty.
2. How does Jack plan to tell the community of his news?
(a) Have a party.
(b) Issue a voice bulletin.
(c) Tell his deputy.
(d) A statement at church.
3. What color is the bride's dress?
4. What does the porter do when he sees them run from the train?
(a) He closes his eyes for a moment.
(b) He frowns.
(c) He yells for the station master.
(d) He chuckles.
5. Who is the only person who will fight Scratchy?
(a) The Mexicans.
(b) The barkeeper.
(c) Jack Potter.
(d) The drummer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the porter view the couple on the train?
2. At the end of Chapter 3 Scratchy is in the deepest rage over what?
3. What is the barkeeper's dog doing when Scratchy approaches?
4. Why does the dog keep lazy watch?
5. Who sold the groom the pocket watch?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)