|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gloom sets in the bar?
(a) A silent gloom.
(b) A ghost-like gloom.
(c) A chapel-like gloom.
(d) A drunken gloom.
2. Who waits on the couple when they eat?
(a) An African-American women.
(b) An older white gentleman they called "Mac."
(c) The African-American wait staff.
(d) Young Harvey girls.
3. What is the barkeeper's dog doing when Scratchy approaches?
(a) Chasing a cat.
(b) Chasing a rabbit.
(c) Dozing by the front door of the saloon.
(d) Growling and barking at Scratchy.
4. How many minutes before the train arrives in Yellow Sky are the men talking in the bar?
(d) One hour.
5. What does the porter do to make the exit from the train easier?
(a) He steps down first and lifts the bride down.
(b) He calls the station master for the luggage.
(c) He puts a small step down on the platform.
(d) He holds the new bride's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the country are Scratchy's boots from?
2. Where does the barkeeper put the drummer?
3. What is Scratchy like when he is drunk?
4. What river runs by the town of Yellow Sky?
5. What is Scratchy's reaction when he misses the piece of paper?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)