|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dog keep lazy watch?
(a) He is a sheep herder at heart and always trying to herd.
(b) He is watching for Scratchy.
(c) He is afraid of other animals.
(d) He is occasionally kicked if he is in the way.
2. What does Jack do in Yellow Sky?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is the town marshal.
(c) He is the town drummer.
(d) He is the town barkeeper.
3. What is the name of the train?
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) Texas Giant.
(c) California Express.
4. What does the train need to do when it reaches the station?
(a) Cool off.
(b) Load more firewood.
(c) Replenish the coal.
(d) Take on water.
5. Where did the old gang hang out?
(a) In the caves outside of town.
(b) At the old rustler's cabin.
(c) Along the river.
(d) At the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scratchy's reaction when he misses the piece of paper?
2. What is the barkeeper's dog doing when Scratchy approaches?
3. When does the dog break into a gallop?
4. Where did the man buy the pocket watch?
5. What kind of structures are built along main street?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)