|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the area under the bar made of?
(b) Zinc and copper fittings.
(d) Thick wood.
2. How would the people of Yellow Sky react if they knew Jack's plan?
(a) They would greet him with a brass band.
(b) They would be happy.
(c) They would serve a huge dinner at the church.
(d) The would give the couple presents.
3. What does the man say who enters the bar?
(a) That Jack is returning on the train.
(b) That Jack's new bride has arrived.
(c) That Scratchy just came in on the train.
(d) That Scratchy Wilson is drunk.
4. What kind of structures are built along main street?
(a) Wooden shops.
(b) Sod houses.
(c) Wood houses.
5. What does the barkeeper do to the windows of the bar?
(a) Closes and bars the wooden shutters.
(b) Nothing. There are no windows in the bar.
(c) Tells the drummer to keep watch at the window.
(d) Breaks one out so he can shoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in Yellow Sky?
2. What do the elegance of the train fittings reflect?
3. What does Scratchy do to scare the dog?
4. When does the dog break into a gallop?
5. What is across the street from the bar?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)