|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bride become anxious?
(a) She spilled some food on her dress.
(b) She is afraid to live in a small town.
(c) She can't find her small overnight bag.
(d) She picks up on Jack's nervousness.
2. Why does the man on the platform not notice Jack and his wife?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is getting the water for the train.
(c) He is shoveling coal for the train.
(d) He is loading wood for the train.
3. When the drummer first hears the news of Scratchy, where does he stand?
(a) Against the wall.
(b) Against the bar.
(c) Against the window.
(d) Against the door.
4. Why did the groom give the pocket watch to his new bride?
(a) So she could keep time on the return trip home.
(b) So she would have some nice jewelry.
(c) A welcome present when he met her.
(d) As a wedding present.
5. Where does Scratchy find the piece of paper?
(a) On the walk in front of the saloon.
(b) Under the dog.
(c) On the street.
(d) In his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scratchy doing with the town?
2. As Scratchy walks away from the bar, what is he humming?
3. Who made the shirt?
4. How do the people of Yellow Sky feel about Jack?
5. What defining features do Scratchy's boots have?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)