• A bride and groom board the Pullman car of a train in San Antonio one morning, right after they are married.
• They are dressed in their finest clothes, but his hands are red from weather and hers look as if she cooked before.
• She is not pretty or young, and the other travelers watch them with bemusement, including the African American porter.
• Her language is coarse.
• The groom describes Texas as 1,000 miles across, and points out the luxuries of the train, which she has never seen before.
• He has bought her a silver pocket watch in San Antonio as a wedding gift, and she is quite taken with it.
• They eat in the dining car under the scrutiny of the waiters and other passengers.
• The train approaches the Rio Grande River and the town of Yellow Sky where Jack Potter in the town marshal.
• Nobody in town...
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)