|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
2. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
3. When Karim arrives with a load of jeans, they:
4. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
5. Hasina says that she is:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
2. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
3. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
4. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
5. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
6. What is Hasina's secret?
7. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
8. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
9. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
10. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Chanu become increasingly better toward the English? What indications are there of this? How does Nazneen deal with the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Comment on Nazneen's handling of the Mrs. Islam matter? How did she call their bluff? What made them call off the debt repayment?
Essay Topic 3
Nazneen receives a letter from Hasina right before Chanu's departure. Was Hasina telling Nazneen not to make the same mistake her mother made? Was she telling her not to return to Bangladesh?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)