|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raizaq and BNazneen see Dr. Azad to seek help for:
2. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
3. How does Nazneen travel to meet Karim:
4. Nazneen plans to tell Chanu:
5. After the meeting Karim:
Short Essay Questions
1. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
2. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
3. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
4. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
5. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
6. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
7. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
8. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
9. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
10. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before Chanu leaves, Nazneen confronts Dr. Azad about giving Chanu the money. Why do you think she did this? What did she want to know? Do you think she wanted him to say something about their marriage?
Essay Topic 2
What indications are there that Nazneen will become more Westernized? What is the significance of the ice skating rink? Why is it significant that Raiza is there?
Essay Topic 3
According to Dr. Azad, most of the Pakistani immigrants who come to England think they will save money and then return to Pakistan. Is Chanu any different? What are his plans?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)