|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
2. What event in everybody in their neighborhood talking about:
3. What does Chanu tell his daughters?
4. Hasina writes her sister to:
5. The attendees decide on the name of:
Short Essay Questions
1. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
2. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
3. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
6. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
7. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
8. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
9. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
10. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Chanu warned Nazneen about Raiza. Why? What was the threat that was represented by Raiza?
Essay Topic 2
What did Chanu lead his family to believe all of the years he was in England? Was this very ethical of him? Why do they want money for him?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Chanu knew about Nazneen's affair with Karim? Why or why not? What indications were there?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)