|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of the meeting at the mosque is to:
2. Why does Chanu feel that the English feel so threatened by the Pakistanis?
3. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
4. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
5. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
2. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
3. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
6. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
7. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
8. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
9. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
10. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nazneen become involved with Karina? How does the affair take its toll on her? What is the Islamic stance of adultery?
Essay Topic 2
Both Hasina and Nazneen grew up in the same household but they both chose different paths. Discuss this situation. Why would Hasina break with the tradition of her culture and flee her village? Why would Nazneen make the choices she makes?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book Chanu warned Nazneen about Raiza. Why? What was the threat that was represented by Raiza?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)