|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hasina is wondering if she:
2. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
3. Nazneen finds herself thinking more and more of:
4. During this time, Karim is:
5. Which Nazneen bumps into Mrs. Islam at the butcher shop, she learns that:
Short Essay Questions
1. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
2. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
3. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
6. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
7. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
8. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are there so many clashes between Chanu and Shahana? What are the sources of these clashes? How can they be resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Both Hasina and Nazneen grew up in the same household but they both chose different paths. Discuss this situation. Why would Hasina break with the tradition of her culture and flee her village? Why would Nazneen make the choices she makes?
Essay Topic 3
Chanu talks of the tragedy of the immigrant. What is meant by this? Why is the clash of cultures such a serious problem for them?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)