|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
2. When Karim learns of the plans to go to Bangladesh, he tells Nazneen :
3. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
4. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
5. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
2. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
3. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
4. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
5. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
6. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
7. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
8. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
9. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
10. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nazneen accepts the marriage to the man her father has chosen even though he is a complete stranger to her. What does she realize about him when
Ruku dies that makes her think her father did a good job in selecting a husband for her? Does she think that she and Chanu are very different?
Essay Topic 2
What indications are there that Nazneen will become more Westernized? What is the significance of the ice skating rink? Why is it significant that Raiza is there?
Essay Topic 3
Why are there so many clashes between Chanu and Shahana? What are the sources of these clashes? How can they be resolved?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)