|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attendees decide that they will support all but:
2. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
3. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
4. When Karim learns of the plans to go to Bangladesh, he tells Nazneen :
5. Hasina's secret concerns:
Short Essay Questions
1. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
2. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
3. What does the entire family attend?
4. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
5. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
6. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
7. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
8. What is Hasina's secret?
9. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
10. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nazneen receives a letter from Hasina right before Chanu's departure. Was Hasina telling Nazneen not to make the same mistake her mother made? Was she telling her not to return to Bangladesh?
Essay Topic 2
Nazneen was never very enthused about returning to Bangladesh. Why? What did it mean for her to leave England? Would her life have been harder in Bangladesh?
Essay Topic 3
Before Chanu leaves, Nazneen confronts Dr. Azad about giving Chanu the money. Why do you think she did this? What did she want to know? Do you think she wanted him to say something about their marriage?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)