|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
(a) sahe wants to see Karim again
(b) Chanu forbade her to attend
(c) Chanu decided they would both go
(d) she wants to know what Chanu is up to
2. During this time, Karim is:
(a) seeing another woman
(b) out of town
(c) working long hours
(d) busy organizing a Bengal Tiger march
3. What is passed around for all to see during the meeting at the mosque?
(a) a petition
(b) an article by Karim
(c) membership application
(d) pictures of children
4. When the Bengal Tigers hold a festival:
(a) Chanu attends alone
(b) Chanu forbids them to go
(c) the whole family goes
(d) Nazneen attends alone
5. Nazneen plans to tell Chanu:
(a) the night before
(b) at the airport
(c) she will disappear before he leaves
(d) an hour before he is to leave for the airport
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
2. The night before their departure:
3. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
4. The attendees decide on the name of:
5. When Karim learns of the plans to go to Bangladesh, he tells Nazneen :
Short Essay Questions
1. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
2. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
3. What does the entire family attend?
4. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
5. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
6. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
7. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
8. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
9. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
10. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)