|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hasina do with the money she receives from Nazneen?
(a) buys new clothing
(b) she helps pay the medical bills of a friend
(c) buys jewelry
(d) saves it
2. When Raiza mentions Karim, what does Nazneen say?
(a) she says the lines she has rehearsed
(b) she says she is in love with him
(c) she refuses to discuss the subject
(d) she denies the affair
3. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
(a) go to Bangladesh if Chanu goes
(b) send the girls to Hasina
(c) stay and marry Karim
(d) not go to Bangladesh
4. What does Chanu tell his daughters?
(a) that they will attend the mosque school
(b) they will not have to go to Bangledesh
(c) they can wear Western clothing
(d) that they are going home
5. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
(a) says she already asked and was refused
(b) does not want Chanu to talk to him
(c) says it will do no good
(d) says she's lucky she has work
Short Answer Questions
1. Raizaq and BNazneen see Dr. Azad to seek help for:
2. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
3. The night before their departure:
4. Nazneen gets Mrs. Islam to forgive their debt by:
5. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
2. What is Hasina's secret?
3. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
6. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
7. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
8. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
9. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
10. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)