|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hasina do with the money she receives from Nazneen?
(a) saves it
(b) buys jewelry
(c) buys new clothing
(d) she helps pay the medical bills of a friend
2. Hasina writes her sister to:
(a) to arrange a reconciliation with their father
(b) tell a secret
(c) to criticize their mother
(d) to give her advice
3. When Raiza mentions Karim, what does Nazneen say?
(a) she says the lines she has rehearsed
(b) she says she is in love with him
(c) she denies the affair
(d) she refuses to discuss the subject
4. When Karim learns of the plans to go to Bangladesh, he tells Nazneen :
(a) he will go with them
(b) their relationship is over
(c) to let Chanu go and then divorce him
(d) she will not be happy there
5. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
(a) to eat Western food at home
(b) to be allowed to go out at night with friends
(c) to leave her and Bibi behind when they go to Bangladesh
(d) to wear Western clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
2. During this time, Karim is:
3. When Karim arrives with a load of jeans, they:
4. After the meeting Karim:
5. In their neighborhood, there is now tension between:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the entire family attend?
2. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
3. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
4. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
5. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
6. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
7. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
8. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
9. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
10. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)