|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting at the mosque?
(a) she feels it is her duty as a muslim
(b) she goes in Chanu's place
(c) she is angry at Chanu
(d) she has nothing else to do at the time
2. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
(a) they continued as they were
(b) they became too radical for most people
(c) they dwindled with the end of the Lion Hearts
(d) they became a part of the Hamas
3. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
(a) Mrs. Islam
(b) Razia's on Tariq
4. Nazneen gets Mrs. Islam to forgive their debt by:
(a) throwing them out
(b) refusing to pay
(c) telling her to swear on the Qur'an that she is not a usurer
(d) threatening to call the plice
5. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
(a) doesn't want to marry him
(b) has nothing to say
(c) is going with Chanu
(d) wnts to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before their departure:
2. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
3. Who is Nazneen looking forward to seeing?
4. Why does Chanu feel that the English feel so threatened by the Pakistanis?
5. When Raiza and Nazneen are shopping, Nazneen:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
2. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
3. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
4. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
5. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
6. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
7. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
8. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)