|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
(a) run away
(b) in in jail for theft
(c) is in the hospital
(d) sold the furniture
2. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
(a) is confused
(b) wants to come to London
(c) wants Nazneen to return to Dhaka
(d) is feeling guilty
3. Which Nazneen bumps into Mrs. Islam at the butcher shop, she learns that:
(a) Mrs. Islam will given them mleny
(b) Mrs. Islamd knows about Karim
(c) mrs. Islam will forgive their debt
(d) Dr. Azad has given Chanu money for tickets to Bangladesh
4. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
(b) still going on
(c) known to Chanu
(d) known to Mrs. Islam
5. When Nazneen is sick, Dr. Azad recommends:
(c) a vacation
(d) expensive medicine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nazneen looking forward to seeing?
2. Hasina is wondering if she:
3. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
4. What is passed around for all to see during the meeting at the mosque?
5. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
2. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
3. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
4. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
5. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
6. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
7. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
8. What does the entire family attend?
9. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
10. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)