|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raizaq and BNazneen see Dr. Azad to seek help for:
(d) Mrs. Islam
2. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
(a) wants to send Bibi and Shahana away
(b) wants to mvoe out of the city
(c) makes the move to Bangladesh a top priority
(d) says Bangladesh will not be safe
3. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
(b) the secretary from the mosque
(c) Mrs. Islam
4. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
(a) known to Chanu
(b) known to Mrs. Islam
(c) still going on
5. Hasina is wondering if she:
(a) should marry her boyfired
(b) will remain in her present employment
(c) should have children
(d) should run away
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chanu feel that the English feel so threatened by the Pakistanis?
2. What is passed around for all to see during the meeting at the mosque?
3. The meeting at the mosque was attended by:
4. Wher does Chanu send an email to inquiring about a job?
5. Tension in their neighborhood increases between the Bengal Tigers and the:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
2. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
3. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
4. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
5. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
6. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
7. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
8. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
9. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
10. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)