|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shahana has begun to:
(a) taunt her father
(b) cry about moving
(c) look forward to mvoing to Bangladesh
(d) tease Bibi about life in Bangladesh
2. Nazneen thinks her relationship with Karim will:
(a) be difficult for her firls to understand
(b) be acceptsd by the girls
(c) bring about her death
(d) make her a social outvast
3. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
(a) is feeling guilty
(b) is confused
(c) wants Nazneen to return to Dhaka
(d) wants to come to London
4. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
(b) the secretary from the mosque
(c) Mrs. Islam
5. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
(b) known to Mrs. Islam
(c) known to Chanu
(d) still going on
Short Answer Questions
1. In their neighborhood, there is now tension between:
2. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
3. During this time, Karim is:
4. Who is Nazneen looking forward to seeing?
5. When Raiza and Nazneen are shopping, Nazneen:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
2. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
3. What is Hasina's secret?
4. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
5. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
6. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
7. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
8. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
9. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
10. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)