|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
(a) open a soap business
(c) open a jute business
2. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
(a) takes the family sightseeing
(b) applies for citizenship
(c) allows his girls to wear Western style clothing
(d) applies for benefits
3. Nazneen, on the way to pick up threads, is detoured to a:
(a) lunch with Raiza
(b) Mrs. Islam's apartrment
(c) meeting at the mosque
(d) Dr. Azad's office
4. Tension in their neighborhood increases between the Bengal Tigers and the:
(a) Lion Hearts
5. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
(b) the secretary from the mosque
(d) Mrs. Islam
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karim arrives with a load of jeans, they:
2. Hasina says that she is:
3. What does Chanu tell his daughters?
4. The attendees decide that they will support all but:
5. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
2. What does the entire family attend?
3. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
4. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
5. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
6. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
7. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
8. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
9. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
10. What is Hasina's secret?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)