|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hasina's secret concerns:
(a) whawt the men of the village did to her
(b) what their mother did before she died
(c) why she hated her father
(d) whyhshe hated her mother
2. Hasina is wondering if she:
(a) should have children
(b) should marry her boyfired
(c) should run away
(d) will remain in her present employment
3. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
(a) wnts to marry him
(b) has nothing to say
(c) doesn't want to marry him
(d) is going with Chanu
4. What does Karim do at the meeting in preparation for the march?
(a) he calls for jihad
(b) he asks Chanu to become involed
(c) he assigns people to each block of apartments
(d) he rages against non-Muslims
5. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
(a) the secretary from the mosque
(c) Mrs. Islam
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in everybody in their neighborhood talking about:
2. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
3. Karim says their top priority is to:
4. The meeting at the mosque was attended by:
5. Who is Nazneen looking forward to seeing?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
2. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
3. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
4. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
5. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
6. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
7. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
8. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)