|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the meeting Karim:
(a) wants Nazneen to be more involved in mosque events
(b) ignores Nazneen
(c) keeps Nazneen informed of events in the Muslim world
(d) asks to talk to her husband
2. Why does Chanu feel that the English feel so threatened by the Pakistanis?
(a) Pakastanis do well in school
(b) Pakistani culture is so strong
(c) the Pakistanis succeed in whatever they do
(d) Pakistanis are good workers
3. Hasina writes her sister to:
(a) tell a secret
(b) to arrange a reconciliation with their father
(c) to give her advice
(d) to criticize their mother
4. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting at the mosque?
(a) she has nothing else to do at the time
(b) she feels it is her duty as a muslim
(c) she goes in Chanu's place
(d) she is angry at Chanu
5. When Nazneen confronts Chanu about the money from Dr. Azad, she finds:
(a) Mrs. Islam was lying
(b) Chanu is going without her
(c) there was no such money
(d) they leave for Bangladesh in five days
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karim do at the meeting in preparation for the march?
2. How does Nazneen feel about their day of sightseeing?
3. When Nazneen is sick, Dr. Azad recommends:
4. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
5. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
2. What does the entire family attend?
3. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
4. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
5. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
6. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
7. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
8. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)