|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
(a) they became too radical for most people
(b) they became a part of the Hamas
(c) they dwindled with the end of the Lion Hearts
(d) they continued as they were
2. Hasina's secret concerns:
(a) whawt the men of the village did to her
(b) why she hated her father
(c) what their mother did before she died
(d) whyhshe hated her mother
3. Mrs. Islam tells Nazneen that after their debt is repaid, she will:
(a) pay for their ticvkets to Bangledesh
(b) hold a big going away party for them
(c) loan them more money
(d) help Chanu find a good job
4. Hasina says that she is:
(a) just like their mother
(b) not like their mother
(c) wanting to return home
(d) looking for her husband
5. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
(a) says it will do no good
(b) says she's lucky she has work
(c) says she already asked and was refused
(d) does not want Chanu to talk to him
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raiza and Nazneen are shopping, Nazneen:
2. What event in everybody in their neighborhood talking about:
3. Hasina talks of her day beginning with:
4. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
5. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
Short Essay Questions
1. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
2. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
3. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
4. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
5. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
6. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
7. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
8. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
9. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
10. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)