|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karim says their top priority is to:
(a) raise funds for a new mosque
(b) support the riots in Oldham
(c) support the Intifada
(d) straighten out their neighborhood
2. The attendees decide that they will support all but:
(a) opposing the local ummah
(b) Muslim culture
(c) Muslim rights
(d) supporting the local ummah
3. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
(a) applies for citizenship
(b) applies for benefits
(c) allows his girls to wear Western style clothing
(d) takes the family sightseeing
4. Hasina's secret concerns:
(a) whyhshe hated her mother
(b) what their mother did before she died
(c) why she hated her father
(d) whawt the men of the village did to her
5. When the Bengal Tigers hold a festival:
(a) Nazneen attends alone
(b) the whole family goes
(c) Chanu attends alone
(d) Chanu forbids them to go
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
2. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
3. When Karim arrives with a load of jeans, they:
4. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
5. What term does the Questioner use at the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
2. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
3. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
4. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
5. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
6. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
7. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
8. What is Hasina's secret?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)