|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chanu tell his daughters?
(a) that they are going home
(b) they will not have to go to Bangledesh
(c) that they will attend the mosque school
(d) they can wear Western clothing
2. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
(a) is feeling guilty
(b) wants Nazneen to return to Dhaka
(c) wants to come to London
(d) is confused
3. Hasina is wondering if she:
(a) should have children
(b) will remain in her present employment
(c) should run away
(d) should marry her boyfired
4. When Nazneen confronts Chanu about the money from Dr. Azad, she finds:
(a) Chanu is going without her
(b) there was no such money
(c) they leave for Bangladesh in five days
(d) Mrs. Islam was lying
5. What is passed around for all to see during the meeting at the mosque?
(a) membership application
(b) pictures of children
(c) a petition
(d) an article by Karim
Short Answer Questions
1. Wher does Chanu send an email to inquiring about a job?
2. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
3. When Raiza mentions Karim, what does Nazneen say?
4. What does Hasina do with the money she receives from Nazneen?
5. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hasina's secret?
2. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
3. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
6. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
7. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
8. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
9. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
10. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)