|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karim learns of the plans to go to Bangladesh, he tells Nazneen :
(a) she will not be happy there
(b) he will go with them
(c) to let Chanu go and then divorce him
(d) their relationship is over
2. Hasina talks of her day beginning with:
(a) her being fired
(b) the children playing
(c) the children getting hurt playing
(d) a beating
3. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
(a) they became a part of the Hamas
(b) they dwindled with the end of the Lion Hearts
(c) they became too radical for most people
(d) they continued as they were
4. In their neighborhood, there is now tension between:
(b) whites and blacks
(c) radical Muslims, Muslims and non-Muslims
(d) Muslims and police
5. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
(a) to leave her and Bibi behind when they go to Bangladesh
(b) to be allowed to go out at night with friends
(c) to eat Western food at home
(d) to wear Western clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
2. Why does Chanu feel that the English feel so threatened by the Pakistanis?
3. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
4. Mrs. Islam tells Nazneen that after their debt is repaid, she will:
5. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
2. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
3. What does the entire family attend?
4. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
5. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
6. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
7. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
8. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
9. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
10. What is Hasina's secret?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)