|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wher does Chanu send an email to inquiring about a job?
(a) Dhaka University
(b) The Foreign Office
(c) Open University
(d) Harvard University
2. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
(a) applies for benefits
(b) allows his girls to wear Western style clothing
(c) applies for citizenship
(d) takes the family sightseeing
3. Hasina talks of her day beginning with:
(a) the children playing
(b) the children getting hurt playing
(c) a beating
(d) her being fired
4. Hasina's secret concerns:
(a) whawt the men of the village did to her
(b) what their mother did before she died
(c) why she hated her father
(d) whyhshe hated her mother
5. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
(a) known to Chanu
(c) still going on
(d) known to Mrs. Islam
Short Answer Questions
1. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
2. Tension in their neighborhood increases between the Bengal Tigers and the:
3. Where Chanu says he will talk to her employer about Nazneen receiving more money, Nazneen:
4. When the Bengal Tigers hold a festival:
5. Nazneen plans to tell Chanu:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
2. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
3. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
4. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
5. What does the entire family attend?
6. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
7. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
8. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
9. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
10. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)