|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nazneen confronts Chanu about the money from Dr. Azad, she finds:
(a) Chanu is going without her
(b) Mrs. Islam was lying
(c) they leave for Bangladesh in five days
(d) there was no such money
2. How does Nazneen travel to meet Karim:
3. Nazneen thinks her relationship with Karim will:
(a) bring about her death
(b) be difficult for her firls to understand
(c) make her a social outvast
(d) be acceptsd by the girls
4. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
(a) is going with Chanu
(b) doesn't want to marry him
(c) has nothing to say
(d) wnts to marry him
5. Nazneen, on the way to pick up threads, is detoured to a:
(a) Mrs. Islam's apartrment
(b) Dr. Azad's office
(c) meeting at the mosque
(d) lunch with Raiza
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the Questioner use at the meeting?
2. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
3. What is passed around for all to see during the meeting at the mosque?
4. What does Karim do at the meeting in preparation for the march?
5. What event in everybody in their neighborhood talking about:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
2. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
3. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
4. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
5. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
6. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
7. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
8. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
9. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
10. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)