|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, Karim is:
(a) seeing another woman
(b) working long hours
(c) out of town
(d) busy organizing a Bengal Tiger march
2. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
(a) doesn't want to marry him
(b) has nothing to say
(c) is going with Chanu
(d) wnts to marry him
3. Who does Nazneen meet when she goes out for thread?
(a) the secretary from the mosque
(b) Mrs. Islam
4. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
(a) go to Bangladesh if Chanu goes
(b) send the girls to Hasina
(c) stay and marry Karim
(d) not go to Bangladesh
5. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
(a) applies for citizenship
(b) takes the family sightseeing
(c) allows his girls to wear Western style clothing
(d) applies for benefits
Short Answer Questions
1. The attendees decide that they will support all but:
2. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
3. The purpose of the meeting at the mosque is to:
4. Hasina says that she is:
5. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting in preparation for the Bengal Tigers march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
2. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
3. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
4. What does the entire family attend?
5. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
6. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
7. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
8. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
9. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
10. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)