|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Chanu:
(a) says Bangladesh will not be safe
(b) wants to mvoe out of the city
(c) makes the move to Bangladesh a top priority
(d) wants to send Bibi and Shahana away
2. When Nazneen hears Chanu and Dr. Azad discussing drug abuse, she thinks of:
(a) Razia's on Tariq
(c) Mrs. Islam
3. What does Hasina do with the money she receives from Nazneen?
(a) saves it
(b) buys new clothing
(c) she helps pay the medical bills of a friend
(d) buys jewelry
4. When Karim arrives with a load of jeans, they:
(a) continue their affair
(b) discuss Nazneen and the girls leaving Chanu
(c) diescuss Nazneen obtaining a divorce
(d) decide to end the affair
5. When Nazneen is sick, Dr. Azad recommends:
(b) expensive medicine
(c) a vacation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
2. What does Karim do at the meeting in preparation for the march?
3. Hasina says that she is:
4. What event in everybody in their neighborhood talking about:
5. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
2. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
3. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
4. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
5. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
6. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
7. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
8. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
9. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
10. What does the entire family attend?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)