|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karim do at the meeting in preparation for the march?
(a) he calls for jihad
(b) he assigns people to each block of apartments
(c) he rages against non-Muslims
(d) he asks Chanu to become involed
2. How does Nazneen travel to meet Karim:
3. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting at the mosque?
(a) she goes in Chanu's place
(b) she feels it is her duty as a muslim
(c) she has nothing else to do at the time
(d) she is angry at Chanu
4. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
(a) to wear Western clothes
(b) to leave her and Bibi behind when they go to Bangladesh
(c) to be allowed to go out at night with friends
(d) to eat Western food at home
5. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
(a) still going on
(c) known to Mrs. Islam
(d) known to Chanu
Short Answer Questions
1. Karim says their top priority is to:
2. Hasina writes her sister to:
3. The night before their departure:
4. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
5. Nazneen plans to tell Chanu:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nazneen decide to attend the meeting at the mosque?
2. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
3. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
4. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
5. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
6. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
7. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
8. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
9. What is Hasina's secret?
10. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)