|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, Karim is:
(a) working long hours
(b) out of town
(c) busy organizing a Bengal Tiger march
(d) seeing another woman
2. When Raiza mentions Karim, what does Nazneen say?
(a) she says she is in love with him
(b) she says the lines she has rehearsed
(c) she refuses to discuss the subject
(d) she denies the affair
3. The gist of Hasina's letter is that she:
(a) wants Nazneen to return to Dhaka
(b) is confused
(c) wants to come to London
(d) is feeling guilty
4. What happened to the Bengal Tigers?
(a) they became a part of the Hamas
(b) they continued as they were
(c) they became too radical for most people
(d) they dwindled with the end of the Lion Hearts
5. Mrs. Islam tells Nazneen that after their debt is repaid, she will:
(a) hold a big going away party for them
(b) help Chanu find a good job
(c) loan them more money
(d) pay for their ticvkets to Bangledesh
Short Answer Questions
1. In their neighborhood, there is now tension between:
2. The attendees decide that they will support all but:
3. What does Raiza tell Nazneen that Tariq has done?
4. What does Chanu plan to do in Dhaka?
5. The purpose of the meeting at the mosque is to:
Short Essay Questions
1. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
2. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
3. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
4. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
5. What does the entire family attend?
6. Why is Nazneen concerned when Chanu wants her to attend the Bengal Tigers meeting?
7. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
8. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
9. What is Hasina's secret?
10. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)