|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shahana ask Chanu?
(a) to eat Western food at home
(b) to wear Western clothes
(c) to leave her and Bibi behind when they go to Bangladesh
(d) to be allowed to go out at night with friends
2. Hasina writes her sister to:
(a) tell a secret
(b) to give her advice
(c) to criticize their mother
(d) to arrange a reconciliation with their father
3. The purpose of the meeting at the mosque is to:
(a) form a group to oppose the Lion Hearts and other trouble makers
(b) to raise funds
(c) to allow people to meet one another
(d) to recruit new members
4. Hasina says that she is:
(a) wanting to return home
(b) just like their mother
(c) looking for her husband
(d) not like their mother
5. What does Hasina do with the money she receives from Nazneen?
(a) she helps pay the medical bills of a friend
(b) saves it
(c) buys new clothing
(d) buys jewelry
Short Answer Questions
1. After the meeting Karim:
2. Nazneen thinks her relationship with Karim will:
3. Nazneen's affair with Karim is:
4. Nazneen tells Karim that she:
5. Which Nazneen bumps into Mrs. Islam at the butcher shop, she learns that:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the entire family attend?
2. Why doesn't Nazneen talk to Raiza about Karim?
3. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
4. What is the cause of Nazneen's illness?
5. What does Nazneen tell Karim?
6. When Nanzeen tells Karim of the plans to move to Bangladesh, what does he tell her?
7. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
8. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
9. What happens when Nazneen goes out for thread?
10. After almost thirty years in England, why does Chanu decide to go sightseeing?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)