|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nazneen's decision was that she will:
(a) go to Bangladesh if Chanu goes
(b) send the girls to Hasina
(c) not go to Bangladesh
(d) stay and marry Karim
2. Why does Nazneen attend the meeting at the mosque?
(a) she goes in Chanu's place
(b) she is angry at Chanu
(c) she feels it is her duty as a muslim
(d) she has nothing else to do at the time
3. Who is Nazneen looking forward to seeing?
(b) Mrs. Islam
4. What does Chanu do after having been in England for almost thirty years?
(a) applies for citizenship
(b) applies for benefits
(c) allows his girls to wear Western style clothing
(d) takes the family sightseeing
5. During this time, Karim is:
(a) out of town
(b) seeing another woman
(c) working long hours
(d) busy organizing a Bengal Tiger march
Short Answer Questions
1. Nazneen plans to tell Chanu:
2. Karim says their top priority is to:
3. Shahana has begun to:
4. The attendees decide on the name of:
5. When Raiza mentions Karim, what does Nazneen say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nazneen get Mrs. Islam to forgive the debt?
2. What happens after the meeting at the mosque?
3. After the meeting, what happens when Karim brings clothes to Nazneen?
4. What does Karim tell Nazneen about a group of kids in the neighborhood?
5. What happens that accelerates Chanu's plan to move his family to Bangladesh?
6. What indication is there of Nazneen's confusion over what she wants?
7. What does Nazneen learn from her letters from Hasina?
8. How does Nazneen learn of the tickets for Bangladesh?
9. Why does Hasina write in the letter to her sister?
10. What alarms Nazneen when she listens to Chanu and Dr. Azad talk at dinner?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)