|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nazneen has a dream about:
(a) a mynah bird that wouldn't fly away
(b) her sister
(c) her daughter's disappearance
(d) Mrs. Islam
2. What is Chanu so concerned with at his work?
(c) office policy
(d) a feud with his boss
3. Chanu brings Nazneen her:
(b) new sari
(c) clean clothing
4. Shahana takes out her frustrations with her father by:
(d) staying out of the house
5. Hasina eventually finds work as a:
(a) garment workers
(d) store clerk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chanu tell Dr. Azad that his plan is?
2. Dr. Azad:
3. Chanu is:
4. What happens to Hasina's job at the garment factory?
5. When Nazneen asks Chanu for a new sari, he:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is causing conflict with their older daughter Shahana?
2. Why is Chanu teaching the girls at home instead of sending them to the mosque school?
3. During the dinner, what does Chanu feel bitter about?
4. Why does Chanu refuse to ehlp Hasina come to London?
5. What does Hasina encourage Nazneen to do?
6. How is Nazneen beginning to view her husband?
7. What does Chanu tell Nazneen that his long range plans are?
8. Why is Nazneen worried?
9. What is Chanu's theory about Mrs. Islam's handkerchiefs?
10. Why is Chanu upset with Dr. Azad?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)