|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nazneen tells Raiza that Chanu feels that the reason he hasn't yet received his promotion is due to:
(a) he hasn't yet completed his degree
(b) he isn't due for a promotion
(d) a slow economy
2. Nazneen wants Hasina to:
(a) come to London
(b) find another job
(c) go back to her husband
(d) return to their village
3. After her marriage Nazneen:
(a) moved to London
(b) moved to Karachi
(c) moved to a house in the village
(d) remained in her father's home
4. Chanu uses his computer to:
(a) to teach Nazneen English
(b) teach his girls about Bangladesh
(c) pass the time of day
(d) look for a job
5. What does Nazneen refer to as the eternal three way torture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chanu does not feel that:
2. The family is supported by Nazneen's:
3. Chanu is teaching his daughter to recite:
4. Shahana tells Nazneen that if they move to Bangladesh, she will:
5. Nazneen wants Chanu to:
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nazneen beginning to view her husband?
2. What does Nazneen realize about Chanu while they are sitting at the hospital?
3. What does Nazneen learn from Mrs. Islam?
4. How does Hasina support herself after leaving her husband?
5. How are Nazneen and Chanu received by Dr. Azad?
6. Why is Chanu teaching the girls at home instead of sending them to the mosque school?
7. The argument between Raiza and her husband has intensified. What advice does Nazneen give her?
8. Why doesn't Chanu want Nazneen to go out?
9. Did Nazneen have any say in her marriage to Chanu?
10. What is causing conflict with their older daughter Shahana?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)