|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nazneen found her way home after being lost by:
(a) asking a stranger for directions
(b) asking the police for directions
(c) asking directions at a Bangledeshi restaurant
(d) retracing her steps
2. Chanu and Nazneen's son is called:
3. Chanu finally finds work as a:
(b) taxi driver
4. Nazneen tells Raiza that Chanu feels that the reason he hasn't yet received his promotion is due to:
(a) he isn't due for a promotion
(b) he hasn't yet completed his degree
(c) a slow economy
5. What item did Nazneen tell Chanu to bring:
(a) Ruku's special blanket
(b) a toy rattle
(c) baby food
(d) a teddy bear
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chanu rationalize the use of alcohol?
2. What, according to Banesa, will determine if Nazneen will live?
3. Raiza now works at a:
4. When Nazneen asks Chanu for a new sari, he:
5. Chanu feels that to be an immigrant is to:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hasina support herself after leaving her husband?
2. How are Nazneen and Chanu received by Dr. Azad?
3. What happens to Hasina's job at the garment factory?
4. What is Dr. Azad's view of Pakistani immigrants in London?
5. During the dinner, what does Chanu feel bitter about?
6. Why doesn't Chanu want Nazneen to go out?
7. What changes have taken place in Raiza since she began English classes?
8. What happens to Hasina's second marriage to Ahmed?
9. Why is Nazneen worried?
10. Why is Chanu short with Nazneen when she mentions Mrs. Islam?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)