|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hasina feel that Nazneen is depressed:
(a) her husband is unemployed
(b) Nazneen wants a different kind of life
(c) her letters are short
(d) Nazneen says she is unhappy
2. Hasina is living in a respectable district in Narayanganji in:
(a) a small hut
(b) the house of a family
(c) a room with a concrete floor with partially plastered walls
(d) a rooming house
3. Nazneen concludes that Dr. Azad visits their flat to:
(a) observe unhappiness greater than his own
(b) enjoy their company
(c) eat Nazneen's traditional cooking
(d) help Chanu obtain his goals
4. What was Chanu looking for?
(b) a job consistent with his educaztion
(d) easy money
5. Raiza complains that her husband:
(a) sends too much money home
(b) deserted her
(c) is seeing another woman
(d) won't work
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Raiza?
2. Hasina eventually finds work as a:
3. What does Chanu bring home one day?
4. Chanu turns down a job:
5. Hasina is considered the bad one at work because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Azad's view of Pakistani immigrants in London?
2. What were the circumstances of Nazneen's sister's marriage?
3. What does Hasina encourage Nazneen to do?
4. How does Hasina support herself after leaving her husband?
5. What does Nazneen learn that Chanu has been telling his family for many years?
6. What is Chanu's theory about Mrs. Islam's handkerchiefs?
7. What does Nazneen learn from Mrs. Islam?
8. Why does Chanu refuse to ehlp Hasina come to London?
9. Why is Chanu teaching the girls at home instead of sending them to the mosque school?
10. Why is Shahana not interested in the Internet?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)