|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gemma do for Becca before continuing her story in Chapter 19?
(a) She gets her a snack.
(b) She helps her brush her teeth.
(c) She gets her a blanket.
(d) She draws her a bath.
2. Who meets Becca at the airport in Chapter 18?
(a) No one.
(d) A tour guide.
3. Why does Becca urge Gemma to hurry her story along in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she is late for her dance lessons.
(b) Because she needs to use the washroom.
(c) Because she has to go to school.
(d) Because she has a friend coming over.
4. What is Kulmhof?
(a) A village where Gemma hid during the war.
(b) A camp where the only purpose is extermination.
(c) A slang term used by those in the concentration camps.
(d) The neighborhood where Gemma grew up.
5. What do Becca and Stan visit in Chapter 14?
(a) The museum in Oswego.
(b) A roadside diner.
(c) A private collection of WWII memorabilia.
(d) A grave site.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person who recognizes Gemma in the photograph, what did she have with her at the camp?
2. What does Magda offer to do for Becca in Chapter 22?
3. What does Becca bring to Magda as a gift in Chapter 18?
4. What does Becca rent in Chapter 20?
5. What type of tree does the prince walk along in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Becca's family members try to dissuade her from doing in Chapter 16?
2. What do Becca and Magda discover about the people in Chelmno?
3. What does Becca question Gemma about her story in Chapter 13?
4. What does Becca learn was rumored about the Oswego refugee camp? What was life in the camp really like for the refugees?
5. What part of the story does Gemma tell Becca in Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 15, what is the song in Gemma's version of the Briar Rose story about?
7. What frightens the girls on Halloween in Chapter 21?
8. Where does Gemma tell Becca the Briar Rose story in Chapter 15? Who else listens, and what does he object to?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Becca note is missing from the ending of Gemma's version of the Briar Rose story?
10. What horrifies Harvey about Gemma's last known address, the town of Kulmhof?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)