|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becca spend her first day in Poland doing?
(b) Visiting friends and family.
(c) Tourist-type stuff.
2. According to Magda, what happened to a teacher who gave graphic details about the concentration camp?
(a) She was forced to recant her words.
(b) She was scolded in front of the entire school.
(c) She was demoted.
(d) She did not return as a teacher the following year.
3. Who is Marge Pierce?
(a) A citizen of Oswego who recalls the refugee camp.
(b) A refugee who experience a concentration camp firsthand.
(c) Gemma's sister-in-law.
(d) An old friend of Gemma's.
4. According to Gemma, what does a peasant warn the prince not to do?
(a) Kiss the princess.
(b) Eat anything he did not cook himself.
(c) Leave his horse behind.
(d) Enter the kingdom, as no one who goes in survives.
5. What does Becca rent in Chapter 20?
(a) A car.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A fancy dress.
(d) A bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becca ask Josef in Chapter 24?
2. What will Magda do with her gift from Becca?
3. What had fallen to ruin prior to the war in Chelmo?
4. What question does Sylvia ask Gemma in Chapter 17?
5. According to Gemma, why does the length of time that the princess is asleep not matter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the priest in Chapter 22 tell Becca about Chelmno?
2. What does Becca learn was rumored about the Oswego refugee camp? What was life in the camp really like for the refugees?
3. What horrifies Harvey about Gemma's last known address, the town of Kulmhof?
4. What do Becca's family members try to dissuade her from doing in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Becca point out that Gemma had no tattoos?
6. In Chapter 12, what does Becca note is missing from the ending of Gemma's version of the Briar Rose story?
7. What does Becca question Gemma about her story in Chapter 13?
8. Why does Becca wet herself in Chapter 19?
9. How does Gemma explain that the cursed, dead people in her story can have future lives?
10. How does Becca find out the meaning of 'Ksiezniczka'?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)