|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Becca want to travel to in Chapter 16?
2. Who is Magda Bronski?
(a) Becca's aunt.
(b) Becca's translator.
(c) Gemma's old neighbor.
(d) A museum curator.
3. What does Magda offer to do for Becca in Chapter 22?
(a) Cook her an authentic Polish dish.
(b) Turn the trip into a touristy affair.
(c) Drive her to the neighboring city.
(d) Introduce her to some eligible men.
4. Who recognizes Gemma in a photograph in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Randolph Feist?
(a) An old friend of Gemma's.
(b) An Oswego high school teacher.
(c) A WWII historian.
(d) A WWII veteran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to Gemma's story in Chapter 15?
2. What question does Becca ask Gemma in Chapter 13?
3. According to Gemma, what does a peasant warn the prince not to do?
4. According to Gemma, what is still clinging to the palace walls when the prince arrives there?
5. What are Samantha and Linn associated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Becca find out about Gitl Mandlestein in Chapter 10?
2. What does Becca learn was rumored about the Oswego refugee camp? What was life in the camp really like for the refugees?
3. In Chapter 15, what is the song in Gemma's version of the Briar Rose story about?
4. What frightens the girls on Halloween in Chapter 21?
5. Why does Becca wet herself in Chapter 19?
6. What do Becca and Magda discover about the people in Chelmno?
7. What does Magda say about the teacher who taught her about the concentration camps?
8. How does Gemma explain that the cursed, dead people in her story can have future lives?
9. What horrifies Harvey about Gemma's last known address, the town of Kulmhof?
10. What do Becca's family members try to dissuade her from doing in Chapter 16?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)