|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many granddaughters does Gemma have?
2. What does Becca find odd about Gemma's memento box in Chapter 8?
(a) That none of the family had ever seen the box before.
(b) That it is so large yet filled with only a few small items.
(c) That the box has no mementos from the last few years.
(d) Why the box had remained hidden when it is a very expensive antique.
3. How does Gemma begin her story in Chapter 2?
(a) "It was a dark and stormy night..."
(b) "Once upon a time..."
(c) "When I was a little girl..."
(d) "Did I ever tell you the story..."
4. What is the name of the newspaper where Becca works?
(a) The NY Herald.
(b) The Advocate.
(c) The Voice.
(d) The Independent.
5. What does Becca avoid upon arriving at work in Chapter 8?
(a) Communication with the staff.
(b) Running into an ex-boyfriend.
(c) Doing any work.
(d) Checking her emails.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point in her story does Gemma shudder in Chapter 3?
2. What does the Polish word 'Ksiezniczka' mean in English?
3. What does the building where Becca works overlook?
4. What do Becca's nieces and nephew ask for in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Stan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Berlins debate about Gemma's real name in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, what frightens Becca's friend?
3. In Chapter 6, why does Becca suppose Gemma was so caught up with the part of her story which said the curse would affect Briar Rose's whole family?
4. What does Gemma tell her granddaughters about the baby born to the King and Queen in the story?
5. As she continues the story in Chapter 6, how long does Gemma say the cursed people in the story slept for?
6. When she investigates her grandmother's newspaper clippings, what does Becca learn from Arnie at the Palladium Times in Oswego?
7. What name does Becca have for her car in Chapter 2? Why has she named her car?
8. Besides the document with an unknown name on it, what is inside the carved box which had belonged to Gemma?
9. After Sylvia and Shana have left in Chapter 2, what does Gemma tell Becca, and make Becca promise to do?
10. After Gemma's funeral, what do Becca's parents reveal was found among Gemma's things?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)