|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being made into a museum as of Chapter 8?
(a) A dignitary's home in Oswego.
(b) Roosevelt's creation.
(c) A WWII battleship docked off Oswego bay.
(d) Fort Oswego.
2. What is the name Becca has given to her worn out car?
(b) Suzie Q.
3. What will happen when the curse comes in Gemma's story?
(a) There will be a great mist and everyone will die.
(b) There will be strong winds which will blow everyone away.
(c) The trees will swallow the people who have sinned.
(d) The animals will turn on the humans.
4. In Gemma's fairy tale story, what color is the baby's hair?
5. What kind of building does Gemma mention during her story in Chapter 2?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A castle.
(c) An old mill.
(d) A cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the building where Becca works overlook?
2. How long does the curse in Gemma's story put everyone to sleep for?
3. In the traditional Briar Rose story, what does the prince do?
4. What information does Arnie provide Becca in Chapter 8?
5. What are the initials found on the ring in Gemma's memento box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name does Becca have for her car in Chapter 2? Why has she named her car?
2. After Sylvia and Shana have left in Chapter 2, what does Gemma tell Becca, and make Becca promise to do?
3. What is different about Gemma's version of Briar Rose's story from the traditional version?
4. As she continues the story in Chapter 6, how long does Gemma say the cursed people in the story slept for?
5. What does Gemma tell her granddaughters about the baby born to the King and Queen in the story?
6. What are Shana and Sylvia begging their grandmother for at the beginning of the novel?
7. In Chapter 3, who does Gemma say was not invited to the King's party?
8. In Chapter 6, why does Becca suppose Gemma was so caught up with the part of her story which said the curse would affect Briar Rose's whole family?
9. What does Becca admit to her father is the real reason she is going to work in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Gemma tell Becca she will probably lose interest in after she starts school?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)