|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stan warn Becca in Chapter 16?
(a) That she should follow her gut if she faces a dead end.
(b) That she should be careful of pickpockets.
(c) Not to be disappointed if her research turns up something less than hoped.
(d) That the weather is awful in Europe this time of year.
2. What question does Becca ask Gemma in Chapter 13?
(a) Whether or not Gemma enjoys telling this story.
(b) Why the prince is always the one to rescue the princess.
(c) Why the princess falls asleep.
(d) Why the story always makes Gemma sad.
3. What does Gemma say of the people in the castle in Chapter 23?
(a) The people in the castle are celebrating when the prince arrives.
(b) They have already awakened when the prince arrives.
(c) A few of the people never feel asleep.
(d) They are not stirring when the prince arrives.
4. What special day is it in Chapter 21?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Veteran's Day.
5. How many people were exterminated at Majdanek?
6. Why is Gemma telling Becca the fairy tale story in Chapter 13?
(a) Becca is trying to fall asleep.
(b) Becca is angry with her sisters.
(c) Becca is home sick.
(d) Becca is bored.
7. Who is Randolph Feist?
(a) An Oswego high school teacher.
(b) A WWII historian.
(c) A WWII veteran.
(d) An old friend of Gemma's.
8. What does Josef realize upon looking at Gemma's photo?
(a) He met her briefly after the war.
(b) He knew her as a child.
(c) He knew her during the war.
(d) He is related to her.
9. What is Josef's last name?
10. What does Becca note about Gemma's Sleeping Beauty version in Chapter 12?
(a) There are more characters in the traditional story.
(b) It is much longer than the traditional story.
(c) It does not have the magical elements found in the traditional story.
(d) It doesn't end happily like the traditional story.
11. What do Becca and Stan do for lunch on their way to Oswego?
(a) They go to a nice sitdown restaurant.
(b) They eat packed lunches in the car.
(c) They stop and have a picnic.
(d) They go through a drive-thru.
12. For how long do Magda and Becca plan to stay at Josef's house?
(a) The entire day or as long as it takes for him to complete the story.
(b) As short amount of time as possible.
(d) For an hour or so.
13. What type of tree does the prince walk along in Chapter 21?
(a) Willow tree.
(b) Maple tree.
(c) Spruce tree.
14. What are Samantha and Linn associated with?
(a) The new museum in Oswego.
(b) A WWII-related social group.
(c) A refugee shelter.
(d) A war veteran charity.
15. Where do Becca and Magda wait for Josef in Chapter 24?
(a) A lounge.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becca urge Gemma to hurry her story along in Chapter 19?
2. What shocked Marge about the refugee camp upon first sight?
3. What rumors about the refugee camp does Randolph comment on in Chapter 12?
4. Where will Becca stay for a night while in Oswego?
5. Who is Samantha?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)