|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brda?
(a) A school.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A museum.
2. Who is Harvey Goldman?
(a) A refugee interred in the refugee camp in Oswego.
(b) Gemma's first love.
(c) The mayor of Oswego.
(d) Becca's maternal grandfather.
3. Who do Becca and Magda find that tells them about the concentration camp in Chelmo?
(a) A priest.
(b) A retired veteran.
(c) A man in prison.
(d) A homeless man.
4. What do Becca's parents think of her travel plans in Chapter 16?
(a) They are indifferent to her plans.
(b) They object to them.
(c) They are supportive of her plans and promise to help her prepare for the trip.
(d) They are touched that she wants to find the answers.
5. According to Gemma, what is still clinging to the palace walls when the prince arrives there?
(a) A mist.
6. What does Becca ask Josef in Chapter 24?
(a) Whether he can speak Polish.
(b) Whether he is her grandfather.
(c) Whether he kept in touch with Gemma.
(d) Whether he was in love with Gemma.
7. What does Becca bring to Magda as a gift in Chapter 18?
(a) An American guidebook.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) A bouquet of roses.
8. What does Josef realize upon looking at Gemma's photo?
(a) He met her briefly after the war.
(b) He knew her as a child.
(c) He knew her during the war.
(d) He is related to her.
9. What does Magda offer to do for Becca in Chapter 22?
(a) Introduce her to some eligible men.
(b) Drive her to the neighboring city.
(c) Cook her an authentic Polish dish.
(d) Turn the trip into a touristy affair.
10. What are Samantha and Linn associated with?
(a) A WWII-related social group.
(b) A refugee shelter.
(c) The new museum in Oswego.
(d) A war veteran charity.
11. What does Becca note about Gemma's Sleeping Beauty version in Chapter 12?
(a) It does not have the magical elements found in the traditional story.
(b) It doesn't end happily like the traditional story.
(c) It is much longer than the traditional story.
(d) There are more characters in the traditional story.
12. What time do Magda and Becca plan to go to Josef's house in Chapter 24?
13. Who meets Becca at the airport in Chapter 18?
(a) No one.
(c) A tour guide.
14. Where is Brda?
15. What does Sylvia try to do when she calls Becca in Chapter 16?
(a) Tries to convince Becca to invite her along.
(b) Tries to convince Becca not to travel.
(c) Tries to convince Becca to lend her money.
(d) Tries to convince Becca to tell her a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becca want to continue in Chapter 22?
2. What question does Becca ask Gemma in Chapter 13?
3. According to legend, where can the souls of the dead be found?
4. What does Gemma say of the people in the castle in Chapter 23?
5. What do Becca and Stan do for lunch on their way to Oswego?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)