|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the person who recognizes Gemma in the photograph, what did she have with her at the camp?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A religious book.
(c) A baby.
(d) A harmonica.
2. What does Gemma's version of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale make no mention of?
(a) The Prince's fate.
(b) The thorns.
(c) The curse.
(d) The king's party.
3. What does Becca realize about Josef and his story from the past?
(a) He is most likely making up a great deal of his story.
(b) He must have explained his story with many others who have arrived over the years.
(c) It must be painful to tell his story.
(d) His memory has gotten quite fuzzy.
4. What does Stan warn Becca in Chapter 16?
(a) That she should be careful of pickpockets.
(b) Not to be disappointed if her research turns up something less than hoped.
(c) That the weather is awful in Europe this time of year.
(d) That she should follow her gut if she faces a dead end.
5. What does Becca note about Gemma's Sleeping Beauty version in Chapter 12?
(a) It is much longer than the traditional story.
(b) It does not have the magical elements found in the traditional story.
(c) There are more characters in the traditional story.
(d) It doesn't end happily like the traditional story.
6. What do Becca and Stan visit in Chapter 14?
(a) A roadside diner.
(b) A private collection of WWII memorabilia.
(c) A grave site.
(d) The museum in Oswego.
7. What will Magda do with her gift from Becca?
(a) Put it in water.
(b) Sell it on the black market.
(c) Give it to her friend.
(d) Read it.
8. Who is Josef?
(a) A partisan in the war who will share what he knows with Becca.
(b) A historian who met Gemma once.
(c) An old friend of Gemma's who remained in contact with her until her death.
(d) A man from Germany who fled the country before the war began.
9. How many people were exterminated at Majdanek?
10. What do Becca's parents think of her travel plans in Chapter 16?
(a) They are touched that she wants to find the answers.
(b) They are indifferent to her plans.
(c) They are supportive of her plans and promise to help her prepare for the trip.
(d) They object to them.
11. What lie does Becca tell Shana in Chapter 16?
(a) That she is going to Europe on vacation.
(b) That she is having plastic surgery.
(c) That she is going to rehab.
(d) That she is going overseas for work.
12. Who is Randolph Feist?
(a) A WWII historian.
(b) A WWII veteran.
(c) An Oswego high school teacher.
(d) An old friend of Gemma's.
13. What shocked Marge about the refugee camp upon first sight?
(a) The size of the camp.
(b) The lack of sanitation facilities.
(c) The barbed wire and bare barracks.
(d) The stench.
14. Who is Linn?
(a) A refugee from Poland.
(b) Samantha's husband.
(c) A WWII artifact collector.
(d) Becca's college friend.
15. According to Gemma, why does the length of time that the princess is asleep not matter?
(a) Because the princess doesn't age.
(b) Because 'dead is dead'.
(c) Because the princess has no concept of time while sleeping.
(d) Because the moral of the story is much more important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Magda Bronski?
2. According to Gemma, what is still clinging to the palace walls when the prince arrives there?
3. Who is Harvey Goldman?
4. What does Gemma do for Becca before continuing her story in Chapter 19?
5. Who do Becca and Magda find that tells them about the concentration camp in Chelmo?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)