|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Becca and Magda find that tells them about the concentration camp in Chelmo?
(a) A retired veteran.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A man in prison.
(d) A priest.
2. What does Harvey note about the refugees during their stay in the camp?
(a) They were confined while German POWs were getting weekend passes.
(b) They were grateful to be on American soil.
(c) They were rude to Americans.
(d) They were treated like royalty.
3. According to Magda, what happened to a teacher who gave graphic details about the concentration camp?
(a) She did not return as a teacher the following year.
(b) She was forced to recant her words.
(c) She was scolded in front of the entire school.
(d) She was demoted.
4. According to Becca's source in Chapter 12, who put the curse on Gemma?
(a) Gemma`s first love.
(c) Gemma`s mother.
(d) The Nazis.
5. What are Samantha and Linn associated with?
(a) A WWII-related social group.
(b) The new museum in Oswego.
(c) A refugee shelter.
(d) A war veteran charity.
6. What does Becca spend her first day in Poland doing?
(a) Visiting friends and family.
(c) Tourist-type stuff.
7. How does the person who recognizes Gemma in the photograph refer to her?
(a) As Dobrze``.
(b) As `Piwo`.
(c) As 'Nogi'.
(d) As 'Ksiezniczka'.
8. Where do Becca and Magda wait for Josef in Chapter 24?
(a) A park.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A lounge.
9. Who is Randolph Feist?
(a) An Oswego high school teacher.
(b) A WWII historian.
(c) An old friend of Gemma's.
(d) A WWII veteran.
10. What question does Becca ask Gemma in Chapter 13?
(a) Why the story always makes Gemma sad.
(b) Why the princess falls asleep.
(c) Why the prince is always the one to rescue the princess.
(d) Whether or not Gemma enjoys telling this story.
11. What will Magda do with her gift from Becca?
(a) Put it in water.
(b) Sell it on the black market.
(c) Give it to her friend.
(d) Read it.
12. What is Josef's last name?
13. According to Gemma, why does the length of time that the princess is asleep not matter?
(a) Because the princess has no concept of time while sleeping.
(b) Because the moral of the story is much more important.
(c) Because the princess doesn't age.
(d) Because 'dead is dead'.
14. What does Gemma do for Becca before continuing her story in Chapter 19?
(a) She gets her a blanket.
(b) She helps her brush her teeth.
(c) She draws her a bath.
(d) She gets her a snack.
15. Who is Josef?
(a) A partisan in the war who will share what he knows with Becca.
(b) A historian who met Gemma once.
(c) A man from Germany who fled the country before the war began.
(d) An old friend of Gemma's who remained in contact with her until her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becca lie and say she doesn't understand Gemma's words in Chapter 17?
2. What is Brda?
3. According to Gemma, what does a peasant warn the prince not to do?
4. Why is Gemma telling Becca the fairy tale story in Chapter 13?
5. What do Becca's parents think of her travel plans in Chapter 16?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)